Slot-It News

Vinno

Is it positive or negative polarity? Thanks!

On the Armchair site, it says that it's Positive Wired and a price of AUD159.00 is quoted. Seems a reasonable proposition except that it probably won't be compatible with home sets like Scaley which are Negative wired, but should be OK for most club tracks which are wired to the 'Positive' international standard. Would have been good if a polarity switch was provided to switch between 'positive' and 'negative'. :( Although it no big task to add your own. ;)

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

There is a negative polarity upgrade coming too. Spare boards are also on order.

Hi Vinno,

Do you know if they are SSD compatible.

Thanks OTFS

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

so for example: I want to use this on my routed track, do I just cut the plugs off and wire into a female 3 pin plug? (commercial style)

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

so for example: I want to use this on my routed track, do I just cut the plugs off and wire into a female 3 pin plug? (commercial style)

Basically yes but you must be sure if your track is positive wired for this version. There is a module coming in for negative wired tracks. Positive wired means the car will move from right to left when placed on the track where the power comes into the track from the throttle. That is assuming we are talking about RTR cars that have not had their wiring changed. Look at Armchair Racers site as he has a simple explanation to wiring a three pin plug for a throttle.

My review should be ready by Friday night but I am finalising a lot of work stuff before 2 weeks holidays so time has been limited and I have been home late.

My review should be ready by Friday night but I am finalising a lot of work stuff before 2 weeks holidays so time has been limited and I have been home late.

"I have been home late." C'mon, Ive been there . . too many Xmas parties, lunches and dinners. B);):lol:

Look forward to your review - thanks!

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Basically yes but you must be sure if your track is positive wired for this version. There is a module coming in for negative wired tracks. Positive wired means the car will move from right to left when placed on the track where the power comes into the track from the throttle. That is assuming we are talking about RTR cars that have not had their wiring changed. Look at Armchair Racers site as he has a simple explanation to wiring a three pin plug for a throttle.

thanks Vince, look forward to your review, yeah my track is wired positive so I can use my own Parma's at MR

regards

Shane

Hey Vinno

I picked up my SCP-1 on Saturday and had a play with it on Sunday.

It is a controller that will take some time to work out but looks like being the one to have.

I tried to engage the Mode 4 Ghost but coulld not get this to work have you hade any success with this yet?

It will also be interesting to see the Telemetry data interface and the track interface options when they become available.

Regards

Ray

Fella's the review is up. I am currently away with the family on the south coast of NSW for Christmas so go easy on me. It wasn't an easy review as I had limited time to test it apart from the four hours last friday week and 20 minutes or so at Armchair Racer. I may find some of my comments to be not 100% once I have raced with it but I think it is my favourite slot related purchase for 2007 and that includes my Slot.it Mclaren F1 GTR which is my all time favourite 1 to 1 car.

I have not tried "Ghost Mode" as yet and probably won't use it anyway but the telemetry data interface sounds great.

Munter I think 16D's are at the limit or slightly over the rated current until the upgrade.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. Hope you've all been good.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the "pleasure" of holding/caressing one yesterday and the trigger action is BEAUTIFUL. Like nothing else, gotta save hard to get one now

regards

Shane

I think they are a good alternative to the Professor controller and they are cheaper. Assuming they are reliable then I can't see a problem with them, except for their complexity. Charlie had a few problems understanding what some of the dials do so others will also have issues, Charlie being an IT guru and all. Still, they remove the need to have more than one controller.

I think they are a good alternative to the Professor controller and they are cheaper. Assuming they are reliable then I can't see a problem with them, except for their complexity. Charlie had a few problems understanding what some of the dials do so others will also have issues, Charlie being an IT guru and all. Still, they remove the need to have more than one controller.

What was it I read about being able to download stuff like telemetry off the controller? Then use that to control a ghost car somehow?? Am I going insane or did I actually read that??

Has anyone got that working yet?

I really want one now.. :lol:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

The telemetry is further down the track and maybe a bit more than most will want from a hand controller. I just want the adjustability with one controller so I doubt I would go for telemetry. The controllers size belies it's weight as it is similar to a Pro Turbo Parma.

Ghost mode just allows you to have the car drive around by itself. It only runs at one speed though so don't get too excited. You set the speed by adjusting the "Curve" dial for the required speed you want the car to go.

It's really NOT that complicated. I say this with the confidence of the ignorant since I have not yet touched one myself, but I currently use a PowerHouse (PH)

This thing http://www.coastcd.com/powerhouse.html which has 3 of the 4 main functions of the SCP-1, the exception being anti-skid (actually a controlled power increase/attack rate control)

I found that after a couple of uses it became second nature to just throw one switch and tweak 3 knobs automatically depending upon whether I was racing plastic with magnets or wood without, and in the case of magnet racing, one setting and the active brake switch position reverses based on whether I am running low torque or high torque motors nd high or low magnet downforce.

Maybe some folk whose brain isn't "Wired" the techno-geek way like mine wouldn't adjust to it QUITE as quickly, but 5 minutes with someone who uses one regularly should sort that out.

What a controller like this does is make my mediocre driving skills somewhat less "error-ridden" and certainly makes a lot of cars easier to drive on wood. It WON'T make a good driver unbeatable, in fact, I suspect it will do more to LEVEL driving fields that spread them out, because the "Michael Schumaker" in your racing fraternity is already close to optimising brake points, coast speed, controller jerks and power-on points, so he can't get much faster. This controller may help a lot of mid pack guys driver closer to him.

I should have one in a couple of weeks, and look forward to playing with it.

It will certainly be interesting to see whether this does pan out in a few months when these things are as common as skippys on the 17th fairway.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I have not had one of these in my hands to try out but I like the idea of adjustable brakes and the ability to use one controller to run all cars from Scalextric mabuchi motors through to parma super 16d motors in a 1/24th car ( if it can handle a 16d ??? )

But programming telemetry data interface (ghost car) whats that for ? The controller sounds like it does the driving for you , do you set it up on a computer program , then sit back and watch the car go around like a controlled train set ? I need more info to decide if I want one .

RE: SlotsNZ I found that after a couple of uses it became second nature to just throw one switch and tweak 3 knobs automatically

I tried to use my brake adjusting dial while racing to set it for different corners but Im not fast enough to do that successfully , I usually dial it the wrong way in the heat of battle and run into fences :D

Im may wait for Imlouwl to make his new controller up its got adjustable brakes . variable speed control to suit a wide variety of motors , and comes with two fluffy dice that ya roll to select the corner speed. :lol:

• Vinno unpinned this topic