Slot-It News

Vinno

Are you going to do a review on Slot-its 2 new releases Bo?

We generally only review new models and this is the second Lancia and umpteenth Porsche 962 but maybe we can compare them to some of the earlier cars as we have found the new cars run much smoother than the old ones and not requiring any work to get them running well.

Thats generally my job.

Just got my first Slot-it and it is the Lancia. Question, it comes with a spare set of tyres, are these silicons or some other grippy tyre? It also comes with a set of clear lenses if you want to put lights into it. Just pop the opaque covers out and fit the clears.

Stu

Old racers race harder

Just got my first Slot-it and it is the Lancia. Question, it comes with a spare set of tyres, are these silicons or some other grippy tyre? It also comes with a set of clear lenses if you want to put lights into it. Just pop the opaque covers out and fit the clears.

I'd say they are Silicons as most Slot It's come with a set underneath

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

I'd say they are Silicons as most Slot It's come with a set underneath

My understanding is that they are silicones, mine came with them as well.

Regards

Rob

The lancia is my first slotit and ran it last night on slider park raceway. The truth is I needed a slotit to go up against smallnails nissan rs 390(?) and sliders 956 porsche.

The lap record at slider park is held by smallnails with the nissan and from memory is sub 4.1. With just trued tyres and wd40 I could get 4.4. With the help of smallnails (thanks Brad) we got it down to 4.04, but his nissan did a 4.03 (correct me if I'm wrong Brad). To get the lancia time down we loosened the body and motor mount screws and rounded the tyre edges. What made it really fun though was running side by side with smallnails nissan pushing each other to the limit.

The tyres still need to be glued, and I'm thinking a few grams of weight just before the centre of the chassis should add a few tenths of a second.

great car to look at, run and race! I think a few more slot it's are going to be entering the Tazracer stable.

I used my Rothmans 962 in real anger for the first time on Tuesday night.

Initially I ran with standard tyres, then once I was fairly well beated by a customized Scaley Camaro, I changed to sillies.

After that, it managed to beat every car put against it. It wasn't necessarily the fastest down the straight, but overall, it was the fastest car.

Am very impressed with it, and despite owning 5 other Slot Its, this is the fastest (including a McLaren).

Its the only one to run fast straight out of the box, its easier to drive than the others and its only running on the 1 magnet (on Ninco)

Excellent buy..

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone know if it comes with the Rothmans sponsor decals as in the above piccies or the non tobaccorized version which has Racing decal instead of Rothmans.

Think i will still buy regardless but would prefer the Rothmans logo/

Cheers

THC

They come with the cigarette sponsorship covered up, same as the silk cut jag.

You can either leave it like that or use a piece of sticky tape and remove them!

Gary

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I have the first Lancia. Right now I am running on tires from Slotbrother. They have made a vast improvement to grip. What did you do the get the original tires and the silicone tires, that came with it, to grip? It was like ice. No grip and spinn the tires down the straights and slide wildly around the curves.

I was ready to give up on it when Slotbrother's tires arrived. I'm waiting for him to go commercial.

Frank :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all

I have a real nice 962 that has seen better days and need a paint. it is a real nice runner and is worth doing.

Question is where to get some transferes like the rothmans ones or similar?

Edited by Paul NZ

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

• 2 months later...
Thanks for that Gary

Purchased car and promptly removed stickers.

Fine looking car it is and as usual with slot it it goes as good as it looks.

Thc

How did you remove the Racing stickers Thc? with plain sticky tape?

Normal people worry me

Thanks for that Gary

Purchased car and promptly removed stickers.

Fine looking car it is and as usual with slot it it goes as good as it looks.

Thc

How did you remove the Racing stickers Thc? with plain sticky tape?

Yes, just put sticky tape over top and peel it back..

• 4 weeks later...

Slot.it SCP-1 Hand Control

Just in today is the new and highly anticipated Hand Control from Slot.it. Having given one a quick run this morning I have nothing but praise for the feel and adjustability. Look for a full test this weekend. It really does seem to have everything you could want from a throttle and more than most will ever use.

Slot.itSCP-1-2.jpg

• Vinno unpinned this topic