Slot-It News

Vinno

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Arriving in March/April 2022, Audi R8 LMP #3 24h Le Mans 2001
drivers: J. Herbert, D.Theys, R. Kelleners.
Product Code: CA33d
**Note: The car will come with a new chassis CS33t-60b**
242744565_6203715846336597_5542575338407
242781398_6203719433002905_3298863885433

• Like 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

24 minutes ago, gazza said:

May be an image of outdoors and text that says "NISSAN YOKOHAMA MLIY SKAIFE RICHARDS TOOHEYS Winfield Shell YOKOHAMA"

Good to see Jim finally has his name on it.

I wanted "Gentleman Jim and some joker called Skaifey". . . .  never mind :)

• Like 2

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Not a shining example of sportsmanship from the crowd, but not unexpected I suppose, mob rule and all that :huh:

Probably similar faces at the anti lockdown protests...:P

Back on topic, I've had my name down for this one for months, not too concerned how it performs, very impressed Slot.it chose a bit of Australian history for their range!

I'm sure it will sell like hot cakes! B)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MarkC66 said:

Let's hope the Nanny State don't ruin it, I just realised it is still carrying it's "Any how have a......" branding, must be a European thing for it to be OK

Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Mark

I can’t work it out as some cars come with it and others without it? Even Scalextric have had a car with the Marlboro signage and others without. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vinno said:

I can’t work it out as some cars come with it and others without it? Even Scalextric have had a car with the Marlboro signage and others without. 

Hey Mate, unless it's pure licensing(not sure how that works now you aren't allowed to advertise), It was just one of those things over a coffee this morning where I went, I remember that. It used to be so normal and now it's so khaki. And I do miss those types of livery(but I wish I game them away sooner - would own lots more slot cars), I guess as things get more regulated soon we wont see Jack Daniels, Jimmy Beam or even Tooheys. But I'll take this one as a win for now.

Regards

Mark

Edited by MarkC66

Can’t believe what I saw Monsignor Kennedy do at 7:10

I propose a posse to USA and a kangaroo court to convict him of “crimes against tuning”

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

35 minutes ago, SlotsNZ said:

I propose a posse to USA and a kangaroo court to convict him of “crimes against tuning”

That's how I used to do my proxy cars before I built my 'steam punk' as you called it, tyre truer. I always wondered why they went better around left hand bends than right handers.

• Like 1
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

1 hour ago, SlotsNZ said:

I think he may have been showing how little is needed to get the tyres trued and ready for the track, bit old school, but it works

• Like 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

1 hour ago, gazza said:

I think he may have been showing how little is needed to get the tyres trued and ready for the track, bit old school, but it works

Just missing glue, any control of the angle, and control of pressure on tyres for tyre overheating, and motor load.......  Its the level of tuning a newbie rug racer would use. I shuddered. Hideous to actually show that to the world. 

• Like 1

Actually I admired his nonchalant brushing of the tire debris onto the track.

A true master stroke.

l confess to using the sandpaper sheet on the track method myself except I positioned the car in reverse so it pulls back against the paper.

Who needs a fancy pancy tire lathe?

• Like 2

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

1 hour ago, munter said:

Actually I admired his nonchalant brushing of the tire debris onto the track.

A true master stroke.

l confess to using the sandpaper sheet on the track method myself except I positioned the car in reverse so it pulls back against the paper.

Who needs a fancy pancy tire lathe?

For a quick rough up of standard tyres I confess to using sandpaper on the track but for a real true up I would throw it on the tyre truer.

And I agree about the brushing of the tyre dust onto the track. Really?

• Like 1

All stock being shipped from Europe, will have the fix applied before dispatch. 
Haven't heard anything about Oz, but I presume Jim is getting ex Italy, so you should be okay.

NZ stock is coming from Italy, so they will have been sorted.