Slot-It News

Vinno

There are a few new Slot.it cars out - boy we need to pay more attention to news here.

This E-Tron Quattro was the Le Mans Winner in 2012, so comes as the boxed Ltd Edition "Winners Series" fitted with Slot.it's clutched 4 wheel drive system

cw14-2.jpg

A Classic LMP from Le Mans 2000

ca33c.jpg

Last month we missed the release of the first livery of a new model. A Toyota 86C.

I like that these have an rear with with external struts, like on the Porsche 956/962 variants.

These are a lot more crash resistant than say the Mazda, Nissan and Toyota 88c, which are all at risk of breakage

ca41a-2.jpg

ca41a-3.jpg

ca41a-4.jpg

ca41a-5.jpg

ca41a-6.jpg

Chassis: Podded

Motor: Slot.it V12/3 MX16 23,000rpm 170g/cm torque 9.8 watts @12 volts dc mounted as Inline

Axle & Gears - 2.38mm (3/32nd)

Gearing: Crown 28t - Pinion 9t brass

Has adjustable height front axle - this requires optional M2.0 Hex screws not supplied with car

Hubs front: Plastic 15.8mm x 8.3mm

Hubs Rear: Alloy 16.5mm x 8.3mm

Tyres Front: PT1159C1

Tyres Rear: PT1167C1

M2 allen key under box for rear hubs and for optional screw for front axle adjustment

SSD Upgradable: Yes, use Slot.it chip SP15b

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Good thinking Gary.

I've been known to do that from time to time.

Hahahaha, hands off member time :)

Alcohol and quoting never mix or make any sense

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

• 3 months later...

20258471_1622983397743221_3700108386894667341_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=1a2300a3a02747832aaa6151517fc8a1&oe=5D0B2B25

Slot.it company page

Yesterday at 01:21 ·

Firmware updates available now for oXigen Aggiornamenti software disponibili per oXigen

- type B2 and C, oXigen mode, v. 3.03 - bugfix, random missing laps issue

http://www.slot.it/…/Firmwa…/Latest/O201c-O2-0303-190227.zip

- controller, v. 3.04 - bugfix, fixes missed lap counting after pit lane on deslot

http://www.slot.it/Down…/oXigen/Firmware/firmware-latest.zip

- ARC AIR/PRO on oXigen, v 3.03 - bugfix stuttering without dongle

http://www.slot.it/…/Firmware/Latest/O2ArcHC-0303-181120.zip

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

• 4 months later...

We've been a bit slack on the product news. . . [ranked as third greatest understatement of 2019, votes closed early]

For some time Slot.it have had one pod, a Sidewinder with 1mm offset, which could take the ball race bearings they originally began selling for use in their 4WD products.

ch115.jpg

I know some guys from my club and around, who don't like their gimbal system, have actually been cutting the flanges off other format regular pods, and fitting ball races to those.

This week Slot.it announced three new pods - all angle-winder, in zero, 0.5mm and 1mm offset, ready made to accept these ball races.

All three pods come with an insert which allows Flat-6 motors as well as boxer/FK180 motors to be used.

ch117.jpg

ch118.jpg

ch119.jpg

They should be available from your local pusher shortly.

Being a sidewinder fan, and most commonly using a 0.5mm offset pod, I hope they add that option to the range soon.

I recently used the CH105 ball races in a little Fly Ferrari 250LM chassis, and think the zero tolerance/play, - as they are actually quite firm to slide along the axle - makes for a very smooth ride.

Apart from this, the use of the CH105 ball races in any situation - eg a Scaley or Fly chassis, means that you can mount them with no flange on the outside of the chassis, which makes it easier to fit alloy hubs with a boss, where there were previously plastic wheels with little boss protruding.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thanks Mark, a good development from Slot It.

On the downside, Slot It have cut N22 compound tyres from their range apparently. We just about use them exclusively on our gloss/satin MDF tracks.

Have you heard if this is ongoing, or temporary?

The smaller mold - the 1171 is already re-done, the tyres are made, packed off - I have 50 packs somewhere in the capable - or should that be culpable hands of DHL at 38,000 feet between UK and our hemisphere as part of my monthly order.

The larger 1172 mold will apparently be further away. There will be a progress update in September after their summer closure and sanity returns to the northern hemisphere.

So for Oz, I guess it just depends on the timing when Jim and Cathy are landing their next Italian origin order.

And FWIW - not that it is worth much, me being a very small distributor in the smaller wood track markets, - the N22 is my favourite compound and I would like to see it in F1, in a wider mold than the 1172 and in a higher profile in both widths, which I may have mentioned to them in passing, occasionally, ...... well several times. Okay, I may have been renamed "that broken record down in the pacific basin"

I would also like to see the N18 in all the same mold sizes

Think "SuperGrip" and " Ultragrip" range matching.

So much easier to true than F22 and F15

Update from Slot.it regarding the new website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies and Gentlemen, the NEW slot.it site is going LIVE next Monday, Aug 5th!

It took us a long time as it's not a cosmetic job but a completely rewrite.

Being so new, it will not only be great, shiny, and attractive, but it will also come with bugs, issues, omissions that we ask you please to let us know and be patient with.

This is the first step. We're working now on the SPARES section which takes a large chunk of the site. For now, if you go to the spares site you can download the Slot.it spares catalogue. Over the time, each part in the catalogue will come with its own separate description and PDF sheet.

On Thursday, a new livery of the DTM Opel ships. Quite a pretty thing me thinks.

ca36d.jpg

ca36d-4.jpg

ca36d-3.jpg

• 5 months later...

A quick summary of the Slot.it products coming out in 2020

We now have 3 Maserati GT3 liveries to look forward to - plus one in the Policar range.

But the most interesting news to me - was that they are planning a Nissan Skyline, and have shown the first 3 liveries.

Those wanting a Chappy 2F - that's a new mould as well.

cars2020a.jpg

cars2020b.jpg

cars2020c.jpg

cars2020d.jpg

It's a nice car the Sauber - it's already available.

I meant to add - the PT1172N22 - the wider N22 tyre is available again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Slot.it who are based in northern Italy have been running half staff for a bit, now they are shutting for a week apart from the owners, who will take turnabout manning the phones and warehouse door.

Dear friends, good evening. Update from Reggio Emilia, Italy.

Our wonderful team has been working all week to ship the pending orders and the cars that just came in. We've rearranged offices to minimize interpersonal contact to a maximum of two people in the same area, restricted access to common areas, rotated shifts to reduce the number of persons in the office; someone has been working from home, someone was asked to take holidays. By doing this we've successfully remained open and safe.

Our staff and Maurizio Gibertoni, that as you know is the other partner in the company, must be applauded.

Reggio Emilia, my dear hometown and home of our company, is not doing too bad, compared to several other parts of Italy. However, working under these conditions is very stressful, and we all have relatives that are worried for us or that we must take care of and protect.

Therefore, we've decided that we will close down the company for one week. We will enjoy the extra time spent with our dear ones. Maurizio Gibertoni and I will alternate in the office, to answer phone calls, receive parcels if any, and do some work. Our server may be down for a few days for maintenance.

A special thought and prayer for our friends in Igualada, whose region is severely hit by the virus. [ That is the base of IBB, the brands ScaleAuto and DS Systems of the Basas family ]

This dark cloud will eventually go away, but there's a silver lining already: the production samples of our long awaited Maserati GT3 are leaving China and are expected soon, after which shipment may happen and, by the time the cars are here, things may have eased up, or so we hope.

Be safe and in good health and enjoy every moment of your time.

Thank you for your support. Maurizio Ferrari

Other companies are affected as well of course.

Thunderslot is located between Milan and Brescia, right in the middle of Lombardy.

I imagine they will have to close. - I might get an update on that tomorrow from the NZ distributor.

NSR is further south in Salerno. Same distributor as Thunderslot, I'll try and find out from Tony tomorrow.

In Spain

SRC have just shut their doors for a period - the Alicante region (Costa Blanca) where the factory is located, is hit quite hard - that's where we lived, and we are getting daily reports from our friends there.

But Last night the government declared a state of emergency nationwide. So they will all be closed. Cartrix Mitoos which is 20km inland from Alicante in Elche Fly. SCX, Ninco - and of course ScaleAuto as mentioned above.

Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has announced the measures that will apply during the state of emergency in Spain, which were agreed in Cabinet today.

These will initially be in place for 15 days – and can then be extended by Parliament.

According to the Royal Decree signed today, people in Spain will only be able to leave their homes for these reasons – to buy food, medicines and items of basic necessity; to go to health centres and hospitals; to go to work; to return to their place of primary residence; to care for elderly and vulnerable people; to visit the bank; and in case of emergency.

They will have to travel alone, unless they have mobility problems or are vulnerable people.

All shops and outlets will have to close – and only supermarkets, chemists, petrol stations, newspaper shops, vets, hairdressers, opticians and telecommunications can remain open.

The emergency services will ensure that the measures are observed.

You guys in Oz have community infection already. We have been less affected in NZ until now, but next days will tell us whether a Danish woman and Oz guy who arrived here with it have spread it in major centres before seeking help

- And another Princess Cruise ship has it - this time in Akaroa near Christchurch.

I love the old saying that ended each briefing in Hill Street Blues cop show

http://youtu.be/Jmg86CRBBtw

Other companies are affected as well of course.

Thunderslot is located between Milan and Brescia, right in the middle of Lombardy.

I imagine they will have to close. - I might get an update on that tomorrow from the NZ distributor.

NSR is further south in Salerno. Same distributor as Thunderslot, I'll try and find out from Tony tomorrow.

In Spain

SRC have just shut their doors for a period - the Alicante region (Costa Blanca) where the factory is located, is hit quite hard - that's where we lived, and we are getting daily reports from our friends there.

But Last night the government declared a state of emergency nationwide. So they will all be closed. Cartrix Mitoos which is 20km inland from Alicante in Elche Fly. SCX, Ninco - and of course ScaleAuto as mentioned above.

Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has announced the measures that will apply during the state of emergency in Spain, which were agreed in Cabinet today.

These will initially be in place for 15 days – and can then be extended by Parliament.

According to the Royal Decree signed today, people in Spain will only be able to leave their homes for these reasons – to buy food, medicines and items of basic necessity; to go to health centres and hospitals; to go to work; to return to their place of primary residence; to care for elderly and vulnerable people; to visit the bank; and in case of emergency.

They will have to travel alone, unless they have mobility problems or are vulnerable people.

All shops and outlets will have to close – and only supermarkets, chemists, petrol stations, newspaper shops, vets, hairdressers, opticians and telecommunications can remain open.

The emergency services will ensure that the measures are observed.

You guys in Oz have community infection already. We have been less affected in NZ until now, but next days will tell us whether a Danish woman and Oz guy who arrived here with it have spread it in major centres before seeking help

- And another Princess Cruise ship has it - this time in Akaroa near Christchurch.

I love the old saying that ended each briefing in Hill Street Blues cop show

http://youtu.be/Jmg86CRBBtw

If there is a reported case there will be many others either infected but not sick enough to worry or many others that will appear in the next week. We are 2 weeks behind Italy you are 2 weeks behind us. Good luck that you and your family are reasonably healthy with no heart or lung conditions as they are the ones who will suffer.

• Vinno unpinned this topic