Lap Timer 2000 Questions

oswald900

Ive started running this program but have a few questions about it.

1:Should the cars be over the sensor ?

2:With the lap races is there anyway if someone goes a lap down that they can do the same amount of laps as the leader so we can grade the times ?

3:If you run a lap race and at the end the overall time is 345.738 how can that be converted into minutes and seconds ?

Any help will be great

Cheers

i've use it with my old scalx track the the sensors in the track but found in the shed with fluro lights it didn't work but i had a lamp over the top which work very well... not sure with your second questionm but the third theres time settings that you can change to HH:MM:SS etc etc

I've got a Gantry over the top of the sensors.It just that if you start a race and the cars are just behind the sensors your first lap is normaly about 1.9 sec which is why i thought the races might have to be started on the sensor.

Ill have a look and see if i can find the time settings.

Cheers

Just had a look and can not find the time option.

Can you remember what it was under ?

Cheers

Gidday, I suggest that under file settings you tick the option to generate export file names and full grid race settings. That gives you an excel file and you can then set the cell value in time to the format you wnat, just a couple extra mouse clicks.

I am surprised at your first lap issue. In mine, the cars have to pass the sensor a 2nd time to generate the first lap time. ie first pass over the sensor just starts the first lap, 2nd pass closes that lap, generates a lap time and starts 2nd lap count. Depending on what sensor you used, try the "settings" section in "settings (LOL) and tinker with the debounce dealy and/or the "inverts lap switching" thing. I DON'T have mine ticked for photo sensitive transistors. Whichever way you are now, reverse that setting and see what happens.

Edited by SlotsNZ

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I also have a copy of Trakmate software and hardware card coming, as I want the more powerful heat scheduling and totaling facilities, and the voice controlled racing mode, so everyone just hAS to stick to a time schedule between heats.

I experienced this once for racing and thought it a worthwhile investment for groups of more than 4 people.

What do others think of it?

What do others use at their clubs/raceways, - or flashy private venues ?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I think the first lap time is the reaction time it takes to cross the startline

Very little idea what I'm doing here. Just joined. But found this thread somehow. Have just finished reading the instructions for Timer 2000 --- Start cars just IN FRONT of the start liine. Crossing sesors registers end of first lap.

I think the first lap time is the reaction time it takes to cross the startline

Very little idea what I'm doing here. Just joined. But found this thread somehow. Have just finished reading the instructions for Timer 2000 --- Start cars just IN FRONT of the start liine. Crossing sesors registers end of first lap.

I think that depends on your settings configuration. On ours, they have to be BEHIND the line, and cross the line a 2nd time before a lap registers.

I think the pivotal matter for this point would be the box for "invert lap switching" because if the count occurs every time the light goes OUT ie a car goes over the sensor [box NOT ticked] and causes a photo sensitive transistor to go OPEN CIRCUIT momentarily, then you don't get a time and thus any lap count the first time this happens IF the DEBOUNCE time is set for more milliseconds than the time between when the light goes green in race mode, and when the cars first pass the finish line.

That is certainly how it works for us. We started using simple photo [light] sensitive transistors, found them a little erratic under fluoresent light tubes and switched to more sensitive darlington pair ones.

SO, I suggest that you set your debounce time for say 2 - 5 seconds, - really anything a bit less than the fastest lap time you will ever do, and toggle that setting. You'll soon figure out which combination of settings does it for you.

Edited by SlotsNZ

Please note folks,

hdeeh is a stirling good chap - - he's a kiwi . . in fact I sold him some cars last week, and we have been discussing lots of slots stuff, so I said he just MUST join this really great slot forum in Australia . . . but didn't know he had . . and he didn't realise "slotsnz" was me . . . ROFL.

So be NICE to him now, he's older than me . . . older even maybe than oldslot . . . .

Just been out playin on the track and i unticked the Invert Lap Switching and that has solved the problem of our first laps being only a 1 second.

The beeps at the start of the race are out of Sync with the red lights is there anyway to get them in Sync with the lights ?

Still trying to convert the time into minutes

Thanks for the help so far :lol:

Gidday, I suggest that under file settings you tick the option to generate export file names and full grid race settings. That gives you an excel file and you can then set the cell value in time to the format you wnat, just a couple extra mouse clicks.

Ive got it to do the Excel file but i can not find anything in the cell value to make it into Minutes and seconds or even 100ths of a second.

Can you remember what cell formula you used ?

Cheers

slotsNZ: We all use Trakmate down here in Tassie,it is very good now,results can be saved to either word or Excel so it is easy to copy and past. Sound can be recorded and used instead of the Canadian voice supplied. Once the race is started it runs its self.

Phil