Sign in to follow this  
xtremetrax

Scx Digital V Scalextric V Ninco

Just been to the toy fair melbourne and seen the new stuff from the suppliers in slot cars and track. Was tossing up between scalextric and ninco on buying the digital system then WHAM scx show me there digital system and I was thrown back into the what one will I buy box.

Does anyone have any info or experience with the scx digital system so I can make a vulued judgement on what system to buy.

thanks

Just been to the toy fair melbourne and seen the new stuff from the suppliers in slot cars and track. Was tossing up between scalextric and ninco on buying the digital system then WHAM scx show me there digital system and I was thrown back into the what one will I buy box.

Does anyone have any info or experience with the scx digital system so I can make a vulued judgement on what system to buy.

thanks

The problem with SCX you need to to buy and can only use their cars, their tracks etc. As far as I know you cant buy their chip seperately so are stuck with a small and limited range of cars. Because of this it makes it useless for the true enthusiast, but ok for kids market. Nincos inability to send times to a PC makes it useless for club nights. Prefer SSD myself but I have to admit Im biased. This might help you...

pros and cons of various systems

Cheers

Rick

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Hi Extremetrax,

If your starting fresh and arn't worried about chipping multi brands of cars then

SCX Digital would give you the best out of the box experience.

They are way ahead of all the other digital systems with addon extras, etc

Heaps of new cars coming, DTM, GT and F1's.

No need for mods, just open the box, setup and race.

Drawback is it's very difficult to chip another manufacturers cars

I personally have the Ninco N-Digital system and think it's great

No probs so far and works right out of the box

I went with Ninco as I needed to be able to chip existing cars and later would be mating it to my Artin track

Drawbacks are you can't run an N-Digi chipped car on an analogue track with the chip connected.

Also there is a software bug in the initial (104 series) console's with the Pro and Amature modes reversed

but this never stopped me and others from enjoying the racing experience.

Regards

NimROD

Yes Carrera might pleasant surprise all of us. Im sure Ninco will bring out a chip that allows chipped cars to run analogue. What Im concerned about is reports of motors being cooked, especially Slot.it cars.

Wonder if Carrera will have any goodies?

www.scorpiuswireless.com

The SCX Digital chips have been avlable for a while now and it's not that hard to convert any make of car if theres enough room betwen the front wheels it can be done. these are the cars I have converted to SXC Digital so far; 1 scalextric V8, 2 Fly Trucks, 1 Carrera Mustang & 2 click-together models. Basically what I'm trying to say is, don't let car availability limit witch system you choose.You're only limited by a couple of parameters, room for the chip between the front wheels and room under the bonnet for the selector arm. The chips to convert the cars are getting smaller as SCX are releasing digital F1's.

IMGP0215.jpg

Thx Jab

Beautiful pit bay you got there Jab. Noticed you got the garages internally lit too, must look great at night too.

Cheers

www.scorpiuswireless.com