Sign in to follow this  
bump

Slotshop Opening - Details Posted

Roland has just updated his website at http://www.slotshop.net/ with details of his shop opening and announcement of his first sale.

7pm on Friday at Alexandria (Sydney) for those who can make it. More details by following the link.

Good luck, Roland (aka Slot Shop)

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Roland

Hope the opening went well and I will drop in soon to check out the shop and try your Artin track.

Do you have any pictures to post of your opening night?

Vince

all the best to with the shop Roland i hope your nite has been a success and heres to your future Cheers :ph34r:

Thanks guys, had a top night with a good turnout. Heaps of food, tons of laps. Bonus of the night for Tracey and I was a quick ride in a brand new Porche GT3RS brought along by one of our motoring writer guests who's also getting the slot car bug. We're open regular hours sat/sun.

Cheers

Cheers for now

Roland

If you're in the area, between Sydney's CBD and airport, Roland's Slot Shop is definitely worth a visit. A very nice range of recent Fly, Monogram, Artin, Scalextric and Carrera cars and equipment with more makes due soon. A couple of hard-to-get items were on display including the rarely-sighted Scalex Sports R3 & R4 inner borders and a couple of recent Fly cars that have sold-out elsewhere.

There are two 4-lane Artin tracks set up and Roland's done a great job to show that Artin deserves serious consideration.

If you do plan to visit soon, check with the shop about payment facilities before you go. At the moment, credit card isn't an option.

Great job, Roland.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Thanks Glenn,

sorry I couldn't be there to meet you, but I was called in the help with the launch of the new Hyundai AWD, nice car! I can see one with Slot Shop signage on it now.

Yes, unfortunately we didn't get setup in time for EFTPOS or CC payments. I aim to have that in this week.

We have 40 plus different cars, more sets and track sections coming in this week. Some cars not seen before...

The shop is very modest, so apologies in advance if it gets a bit sqeezy at times...

Cheers

Cheers for now

Roland

Thanks Glenn,

sorry I couldn't be there to meet you, but I was called in the help with the launch of the new Hyundai AWD, nice car! I can see one with Slot Shop signage on it now.

Yes, unfortunately we didn't get setup in time for EFTPOS or CC payments. I aim to have that in this week.

We have 40 plus different cars, more sets and track sections coming in this week. Some cars not seen before...

The shop is very modest, so apologies in advance if it gets a bit sqeezy at times...

Cheers

I can confirm it was a great night

This newbe really enjoyed diving some nice cars with some great guys

Rolands display track is great and I think the range of corner radii make it real interesting

Thanks to Roland I now have a 50 foot 4 lane artin track in my shed

He's a great guy and really helpfull I hope he does well in his venture

Keep it in the groove

Pete

yea the borders are artin with a coat of grey primer

I know I'm probably not the averge newbe but I tend not to doo things by halves

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Hi RePete,

Welcome to the forum!

For a newbie you are doing pretty well with a 4 lane 50 ft track!

I just saw the pics - great looking track - are the borders standard Artin pieces?

I just saw the pics - great looking track - are the borders standard Artin pieces?

Hi Jamie,

here's a pic of what just about everything you get in a Std Artin 4 lane set.

artinsports132x4.jpg

Not pictured are the controllers and power supply.

These are $295 per set. Not bad for a 4 lane set at 21' per lane or a 2 laner at 42' running length using every piece of track

4into2.jpg

Pete used 2 x 4 lane sets and from memory about 18 extra straights and a couple extra curves. :P

Cheers for now

Roland