aussieslotter

Ssd National Championship

Hi Guys,

Digital still in early days yet but time to plant a seed.

SSD National Championship.

May take a year or two to happen, or longer.

Propose 3 to 5 rounds over a 9 month period each year.

Track locations Melb, Syd, Finley.

Stock cars out of the box except tyre trueing.

Any comments welcome.

Could kick it off in March 16-18 this year.

Prizes, just a trophy.

Cost of entry, the cost of box standard cars only.

Example 2 classes @ $50 per car. Keep cars at end of series.

Typical possible calender Finley March 16, Saxs March 17, GregR's March 18?

Aussieslotters Oct long weekend Sat night, Drummers track Sun night, example only.

Aussieslotter

Edited by aussieslotter

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

I'm in !!!

class suggetions

V8's

911 GTR3's

muscle cars

sax

I'm in as well. Great Idea.

Only thing I would add is the Japanease Touring Cars.

Mel

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I'm in and I'll be ready!! It's really rockin' now!! I'm in the shop playin with some mates right now!!

Local publican wants to put together a meals and accomodation package for visiting slotters.

Things are starting to really go foward for me!!

Rick..If i mail you 4 power bases,copuld you modify them for me?

need two for the second track and some spares..

Phil

Sure Phil, no probs,

How much is the hotel for a night?

Rick

P.S, just waiting on Drummers and Gregs reply.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

I'm in !!!

class suggetions

V8's

911 GTR3's

muscle cars

sax

Keep in mind we need cars that are readily available and that where we can get say 4 liveries of each, eg V8's, F1, ars kept put away and randomly distributed at following race. The idea is to keep it very simple, less rules, less hassles.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

I'm in, love the rules! nice and simple.

My track might not be ready until midway through this year, but would love to have it included.

Just let me know what classes.

Edited by espsix

I'm keen too, might even have a track to offer up as a venue in the next month or so as well.

It looks like I'd have to miss the first 3 rounds though - that week-end of the F1 in Melbourne is already booked for me.

I like the simple box stock + tyre true rules for the cars, helps make it even and affordable.

I think a Slot-It 956/962 class should be in for sure - plenty of liveries, plus the plain white bodies mean custom designs are a breeze. Use the original 25k motor they came fitted with, plus the Slot-It decoder chip.

Porsche's, V8's sound good too.

Muscle cars... hmm... next!

Pity the Melbourne rounds couldn't be broken up a bit, instead of an all or nothing situation.

All sounds good though.

Ok excellent feedback guys.

Thanks Espix, maybe we could do yours April, June or Oct?

Maybe include Tvwinos (thanks Mike) and either Drummers or mine again or another unannounced one in Oct to make it worthwhile.

That makes it 3 Melb tracks

One country track (Finley)

3 Sydney tracks.

Thats 7 tracks possibly available? :P

Will let post stir a few days to allow everyones input. :blink:

Slot.it sounds good too Mike.

Maybe just a V8, Slot.it and one other class. That would be around $165 entry fee each, too much? Dont forget you do get to keep cars after Oct. :)

Or we could do V8's and Slot.it only, but have 3 rounds of each not 2? That would cost $115 ea. Im not fussed too much, Ill enjoy it either way.

So recapping possible times:

Melb GP Weekend in March:

Melbourne and Finley NSW

Friday 16th Phils at Finley

Sat 17th Sax's

Maybe Sunday 18th Maybe GregR or if not possible queens B'day w'end.

Easter weekend in April:

Possible Sydney meet or rest.

Friday 6th

Sat7th, possible Drummers or Aussieslotters or TvWino's

Sun 8th, possible Drummers or Aussieslotters or TvWino's

Monday public holiday

Queens Birthday weekend in June:

Possible Melb meet or rest.

Friday 8th

Sat 9th, possible Finley or Saxs or Espixs or GregR's

Sun 10th, possible Finley or Saxs or Espixs or GregR's

Monday public holiday

Labour Day weekend in October:

Sydney

Friday 28th

Sat 29th Aussieslotters

Sun 30th Drummers?

Monday Public holiday.

End of 2007 Series.

Not book anything for Mondays to allow drive back.

Could use each track more than once.

Recommend PC, screen and PCLapcounter sofware.

Two powerbases mandatory.

Controllers max 5.1 ohms.

Cheers

Cheers

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

I better get moving on the track then!

A question, with the controllers, why 5.1 ohms? i've been making mine to 5.3 ohms, which only come up as 5.2 ohms on the multi meter.

From what i gather, we pay our entry, all the cars get purchased as a lot and handed out to each entrant, do we get the same car each meet?

Yes I recommend we get the same car each meet so that if you look after it you will have a better car to race with rather than another car someone has abused from previous heats. Also get what you sow at end of series. If you look after your car, you will get a better car to keep at end of series. There is also an argument for not doing this, re tampering of cars between heats. Id like to think there is a degree of trust here though=). We can put it to the vote to be fair to all.

I recommend 5.1 as all Pete Repetes controllers come in at 5.1, Any more gives unfair advantage. Over 5.2 and you start losing brakes etc.

Personally Im not concerned about 0.1 ohms, see what others say=) Maybe you could change just one resistor?

Less rules, the less chance of hassles, therefore more fun=)

Obviously controllers are a "variable".

All issues and rules can be decided by vote to be democratic should the need arise.

Drummer and GregR have both said theyre in too. Havent confirmed any more dates though.

Cheers

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

No probs, the next controller i make will be 5.1, i can allways give it to guests to use when they come over. hehehe.

I like the idea of keeping the car through the whole series, would hate to end up with a Murphy Holden at the end. hehehe.

would hate to end up with a Murphy Holden at the end.

Could be worse, I could end up with Ingalls! :D

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

with the controllers , anything over 5.1k ohm is fine , the powerbase will not read or give any more power if the controllers have more resistance , if you go over 5.5k you start to run into lanechange brake issues.

so anything between 5k and 5.5k ohms ends up being equal (gives you max power) anything under 5k ohm and you are running less than 100% throttle

sax

Looking foward to this thing!!

The track on the red table just got bigger!!

current6.jpg

Drivers platform is complete..

current7.jpg

Lots to do yet...

making the controller wiring looms..Getting the second track finished etc...

Going away shearing all week ,so catch ya's when I get back!!

Phil

Gidday Phil,

Gee at a quick glance those chairs looked like fancy urinals and that floor a bathroom floor! Hope none of the local piss heads get confused =).

Seriously though its great to see someone put a bit of class into a slot car shop, well done.

PLUGS

Also as we all have different plugs we need to make adaptors so our controllers can be used on each others tracks.

BRAKES

Another thought, brakes or no brakes, example no brakes suits Saxs track, but doesnt suit mine that well, any ideas?

CHIPS

Another point is chips, I forgot to add the cost of chips into the equation, add $25 per car sorry guys.

Cheers

www.scorpiuswireless.com

@ PhilR , istill think we will need a Melway (Sydway) to get around one of your tracks !!

@ a'slotter ,

PLUGS

if people want to let me know what plugs theyare using I can assist with parts and building of adaptors

BRAKES,

can this be a drivers choice nominated after a free practice session ,programmed (@powerbase ) before qualifying/ heat for each driver ?

CHIPS

$25 per car or supply your own or when numbers are confirmed (people) bulk buy from armchair ?

sax

Cool, lets tal;k about classes.

Jim has 3 porsche 956 in stock at the moment, would have to buy older ones off Ebay.

Recommend white kits too much work to put together, rather stock out of the box ready to race? Any Ideas?

JGTC, 2 versions of these, NSX, 350z, and Supra, are we going to mix them up and accept which one we get dealt on day?

Aussie V8's 2 falcons, 2 commodores, same deal, we reach into a box, if ewe get Falcon we are happy, if we get Commodore are we happy?

If 2 liveries the same in a given race are we happy to add colour stickers to differentiate?

USA muscle, 2 Camaros, 2 Mustangs, 2 Corvettes, same deal.

Other brands such as Ninco, Fly, any thing here turn anyone on?

Lots of GT40's available on EBAy.

If we choose Ebay cars, realise it takes 2 weeks to arrive, so need to get cracking!

Armchair will give us 10% on purchases, thanks Jim.

Recommend new chips, wires are longer.

CHIPS

Who will chip them?

PLUGS

Thanks Sax.

Guys we need to nominate our plugs and polarity etc.

I use 3 pin 240 volt style plug, active on left pin as plug faces away from you with earth on earth pin.

BRAKES.

Anyone object to SAX's idea?

PC

Everyone has a PC?

Everyone has PC Lapcounter?

Please confirm....

Wish to make this a memorable, fun event.

Thanks for co-operation

Rick

www.scorpiuswireless.com

What if go off and purchase our own cars, as long as they are new and unmodified on race day we souldn't have any probs.

I don't have PC Lapcounter, or a PC, (only a MAC) but i can borrow the kids PC.

I have the same plugs as sax.

That track on the red table is already giving me nightmares. hehehe.

Edited by espsix

Buying your own cars defeats the purpose I feel. If you going to do that may as well use the cars we have now. Of course its a group decision=)

Ive seen this done before and it works.

PCLapcounter, maybe get a copy off Sax?

PC not a problem, I can bring my laptop.

same plugs as Sax...cool.

Red track? Phils? Yer maybe throw a few more straights in?

Thanks Espix=)

www.scorpiuswireless.com

I believe my track will be completed (from the perspective of hosting a race) by the end of March, just doing the final tweaks to the layout, and a bit of elevation in one area - might not be as landscaped as some in that timeframe mind you.

I'm using XLR connectors for the controllers, will confirm pin-out once completed.

I would like to use a MAC platform for timing, and have been playing with some of the better, more recent software timing offerings - however, I can dig out my PC laptop, and stick PCLapcounter on it if necessary.

I'm very keen on the idea of a slot-it class, specifically the porsche 956/962 cars, as there are so many to choose from. Having said that, if we're limited to only 3 liveries being readily available, that might be a problem - although I would think that plain white ones, sprayed a solid colour would be ok, but requires one person to build/spray them I guess, for continuity.

I don't mind either way, regarding have everyone build their own white kit, versus getting a job lot in. If we strip out the magnet, and do a thorough inspection before the first race for standard parts, then I'm sure it would all be good. Whilst I'm sure it will be competitive, I see it being friendly, so can't see anyone trying to pull a fast one to gain advantage with rogue parts. Now where's my supply of P4 rubber tyres? B)

The other thing to remember, anyone having the hydro aluminum livery has a lighter car, compared to previous releases - so not completely level - plain white cars would be.

hi Mike.

PCLapcounter is the only timing system I know of that is tried and tested.

Didnt know Hydro alumnium livery was lighter? why is that?

Not keen on building cars, too many variables, but its a group vote of course.

Lots of liveries MIB on EBAY, like I said we need o order these within the next week.

Not sure if Drummer is in, he hasnt confirmed either way.

Any ideas on classes where there are different types of cars, eg JGTC, USA Muscle or Aussie V8's?

Mac or PC does it matter? Not sure. Probably not. 95% of home computers are PC.

Cya next week mike, Tue, wed or Thur.

@Espix, new is good but the idea is they are guaranteed to be as equal as possible, and no tampering, although all cars can sometimes have different characteristics. aust Scalextric club does this and everyone is happy

Cheers

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Hi Guys.

How about just two classes, one Slot.it, one Scaley....

use our existing cars, however put new Mabuchi motor and rear tyres on both, much cheaper. 2 Mabuchi motors and tyres + trophy chip in would be around $60.Thoughts?

www.scorpiuswireless.com