Nth.west Plains Racetrack

oldslot

HI, oldslot what is that clear plastic you are using for track barriers?

and where did you get it ?

Thanks

Jason,

If you have a Bunnings nearby they have semi-rigid, clear "polythene" in a couple of thicknesses on a roll, it's approx., 1 metre wide and usually found somehwere near all the plumbing/building stuff and should not be confused with the clear flexible "polythene" they stock for outside "cafe" style curtains, which, if anyone's into vacuum forming, can be used to make vacuum bags :huh2: .

B)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Old Slot,

I had often wondered where you were out this way, I am only new the the site but live in Narrabri. I have built a small rally test track at the moment and am planning a larger track when time and space allow! I was wondering if you were interested in having people come around to race on the fantastic track ?

cheers

James

HI, oldslot what is that clear plastic you are using for track barriers?

and where did you get it ?

Thanks

Jason,

If you have a Bunnings nearby they have semi-rigid, clear "polythene" in a couple of thicknesses on a roll, it's approx., 1 metre wide and usually found somehwere near all the plumbing/building stuff and should not be confused with the clear flexible "polythene" they stock for outside "cafe" style curtains, which, if anyone's into vacuum forming, can be used to make vacuum bags :wub: .

:wub:

Yeah I'm in Rockhampton QLD, and we have a Bunnings, Will have to check it out next visit.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

update on progress [slow] at boggy

devious ran me home from syd. last week and stayed a couple of days so we turned a few laps. still haven't got the timers going working on that have built the light bridge, need to place it, so timing with a stopwatch we managed to get into the mid 11's reckon we will get down into the 10 sec. bracket eventually

couple of pics

dscn1701ix9.th.jpg

dscn1700cd8.th.jpg

dscn1698yx5.th.jpg

Spare weekend huh, the misses has got the new kitchen bug and seems to remember a distant time when I cut and shut a kitchen I picked up from a building I was working in and fitted it to our old house. Now she has the kitchen book from Bunnings and has me helping planning for a new kitchen. I thought I had banned me doing any more building works.

Ah, it may be back on for me now Viv. I think I convinced her its easier to pay someone these days. I will have to do the wiring and plumbing but thats the easy bit. By the way the track looks awesome and I look forward to my Moffat Falcon rubbing doors with your Goss Falcon at Gazza's just started Oran Park.

G'day Viv - I noticed you were having problems with image shack - I used to also - try photobucket much simpler and easier to use heres a link

http://photobucket.com

'The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

www.capricornmedia.com.au On-line DVD sales

YEEHAW got my counters working today need to get lots of laps down to rubber up the track best time so far 12.40 we were doing better than that when Dave was here but timing with a stop watch.

have to go out to dinner with SWMBO so will get a few more laps in later tonight

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I know this is an old post to bring up, but I drove on oldslot's track on the weekend and it is great.

I live in Narrabri so I was pretty excited just to find someone else out here who was in to slotcars, and oldslot was nice enough to let me come down and use his track. It had been a long time since I had run on a big track as I only have a small single lane rally test track at the moment but I had a great time. All my cars need a lot of work to make them run well, but oldslot let me run a few of his and in the end I managed to run 1 good lap at around 12.7, this compares to the best laps in 10's so I was quite happy.

The track is nice to drive I had some real trouble with the second turn, it looks easy but I found it very easy to turn it around there, the couple of squeeze sections add fun and in general it is a really nice track to drive you can make it around easy but there are heps of places where with practice you can make up lots of time, I am looking forward to getting back down there soon.

Thanks oldslot for a great time.

EEExcellent looking track Viv, love the undulations and gradients, I'll have to get me A into G and work on doing a routed track meself...

at the moment I'm about to coppertop the exsisting track, but worried about the heat in my tin garage.

but after seeing yours and the count's tracks, I'm thinkin' "ROUT ONE YA TWAT! I've already designed a similar version to what I've already got.

once again... B) WELL DONE! ... gotta start workin' on a routed version : :D:huh:

thanks pug your welcome back at any time

huddo I found that there is a fair bit of movement with the copper tape which causes fractures after a while. but nothing that can't be fixed I am considering relaying mine with the black back stuff and see if its more durable.

if not might have to look at braid

• 2 months later...
Hi oldslot,is that Goss falcon in your pics a slottie or a diecast?Looks great.

It's a "slotie"

DSCF5971.jpg

..... one of Phil's creations http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4375

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017