Started To Inlay Track First Pics

tsmsoccer

Well I have just finished inlaying my track onto the board and I thought I would post some pics.

Next I start on the painting the MDF and adding the scenery.

A special thanks to Vinno for the 45 degree corners which enabled me to make the twisty bit. Thanks Vince.

I will post some pics once the whole project is completed.

Sorry about the quality but it was getting dark but you get the general idea.

Let me know what you guys think of the progress so far.

Charlie

mypic44.jpg

mypic45.jpg

mypic46.jpg

mypic47.jpg

Devenic

Track size is approx 30 metres per lane or just over the 100 foot.

The track is obviously a permanent one and is out on my rear pergola. My pergola is large and is covered. I also have a cover which is hooked up by pulleys and I just winch it down over the top of the table when I am not racing. It keeps the dust off.

As for the scenery that is an essential I will add that once the painting is complete

Charlie

Well I have just finished inlaying my track onto the board and I thought I would post some pics.

Next I start on the painting the MDF and adding the scenery.

A special thanks to Vinno for the 45 degree corners which enabled me to make the twisty bit. Thanks Vince.

I will post some pics once the whole project is completed.

Sorry about the quality but it was getting dark but you get the general idea.

Let me know what you guys think of the progress so far.

Charlie

mypic44.jpg

mypic45.jpg

mypic46.jpg

mypic47.jpg

Great looking track Charlie! Have you ever used an intersection oiece before? If so how has it worked out for you? How deep into the MDF did you cut to inlay? Wish I was overther to run on that setup. Make sure you show us the final project.

george

Thanks for the comments guys. George I did not actually cut the track into the MDF but rather ran the MDF all around the track so that it gives the appearance that the track is cut into the wood.

All you need is a Jig Saw and a bit of time and patience. As for the intersections yes I have always used them. Some racers do not like them because you can end up with some nasty head ons but I think it adds another dimension in that you have to look where the other racer is and make a decision as to if you can just blaze through or slow down.

Another benefit is that you can lay more track in a given space without having to run bridges.

Just personal preference.

I had my first run on the track this morning could not wait until after I had finished painting. It is Greatttttttttttttttt. With everything set in I think it is a lot more sympathetic to no magnet racing you get the advantage of cars being able to swing out on corners as much as they like. I also really like the new twisty bit I added down the near straight.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Awsome Track!!

Ever thought of adding the Scaley Jump at one of the intersections, would look cool with the Starsky & Hutch Ford Torino chasing the black Vette.

Are the street lights from SCX? Do you have a pic with them on?

Regards

NimROD

Hi Charlie,

Great track mate - did you pull your old one all apart now?

I think most of us know how you feel when you just put a new track together you cant wait to run a car around on it.

With the 90 degree crossovers if there is an accident can you say who's fault it is? I suppose the guy that t-bones the other guy would be the "at fault" driver, right?

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions