2007 Down Under Proxy Series

lenny broke

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty then cheers Alan , lets get to bolting together some super quick slots then. I think we are all agreed that it is a bloody tough job to put something like this together and once again Alan you should be commended for your efforts ;) glad we got this one sorted so quick if the racin is a quick as our problem solving skills then i had better put in a extra set of tyres just to keep on the pace...............as a great man once said ...........bring it to the track! ;)

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

The overseas cars should cost about $14.00 each to return, while the Aussie cars will only be about $6.00. It all depands on how the cars are packaged. Maybe Martin could supply some more of those "right" sized boxes again this year they work well.

Lim: I have the mould and should get you Toyota moulded this weekend.

Phil

Thanks for that Phil

I am going down the post office this morning to make some enquiries about postage rates.

Going on what your saying I don't think I'm too far off on costs. The difference in fees was mean't to reflect the additional postage cost for OS shipment only.

I don't want to get to the stage where we are subsidizing any entries. I think that the entrant should pay the appropriate cost of postage etc regardless of location . I know I wouldn't expect to have somebody to stump up for me.

Having said all that once I work out the appropriate amounts I will make adjustments accordingly

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Great Stuff Alan.....More than happy with the ammended rule, re entry fee.

Happy to pay the US $30 and and left overs to go to Auslot.

Regards

Alan

PS Hey Vinno....We ain't all 'mericans mate...you might find one or two Canadian's and even a Brit or two.... ;)...... But we're all lookin' to beat the Aussie's..... ;)

Thanks, Alan, I was hoping it was just a misunderstanding. I don't mind payiing for the overseas shipping, but it looked like the entry was higher on top of this. I'll get to building then, but don't expect similar results to last year from me, that was primarily luck! ;)

PeteN95

from the Northwest US of A!

Hi guys,

Lenny, sorry if I am doing this out of school.....

I have come up with a banner for the series:

(sorry if its a bit big now for here, I will resize later when I get home).

A website is also under construction.

Anyhow;

DUPRS_LOGO_lrgr.jpg

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Thanks for that Phil

I am going down the post office this morning to make some enquiries about postage rates.

Going on what your saying I don't think I'm too far off on costs. The difference in fees was mean't to reflect the additional postage cost for OS shipment only.

Australia Post has good info on the website. It may help.

;)

Steve K.

Last year postage cost $30 to $35 AUD to send a box of 30 cars from one city to the next. This happened 4 times and averaged out at roughly $1 per car.

The Aus entries had $5 extra for return postage but many of them were kept in Tassie, or shipped in groups. 5 Brisbane cars came to me, 5 went to Sydney, 3 to Melb etc. So some dollars were left over from that.

The overseas entries paid their return postage seperately as they have different destinations and their cars were returned in the boxes they arrived in which varied the costs as well. On average, the cost was around $12AUD.

Being the first time something like this event was run, the entries could have been lower.

This years costs seem better but I think the OS cars should only pay $15USD ($20AUD), or the AUS cars pay $12, just so its fairer for all. I expect you would want to have a few dollars left over just to make sure Lenny or others don't have to pay extra for poor estimating on entries.

I'll see what I can do Phil re the boxes, they are in plentiful supply here.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Hi All

Well I've been down the post office this morning and got some costings.

Going on the postal rates quoted I think the overseas fee is pretty right when including return postage . However I would like to adjust the australian entry fee to twelve dollars as suggested by Martin,this will include return postage also

While I was there I was told that the postal charges are going up slightly in march so have made adjustments to suit.

If there are no objections the entry fee will be

Australian entries $12.00 incl return post.

Overseas entries $20.00 incl return post.

Chers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Hi Guys

I have been thinking a bit more on the entry fee for overseas entries and I have done some recalculations.

Overseas entries will now be 17. 00. USD.

I will edit the rules to reflect this

Cheers

Alan