2007 Down Under Proxy Series

lenny broke

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original chassis must be retained from the guide mount to the front of the rear wheel openings including the original front wheel mounts and there location .

This means that moving the rear axle is the only way of altering the wheelbase to suit a resin body?

Why not simply limit the amount that the front axle line could be moved?

I have a chassis in mind but it is slightly out in wheel base and I thought it may be easier to move the front wheels back in the chassis other than having to move the motor and rear axle.

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

Hi Guys

To Sports Racer

Yes that is ok under the rules if you wish to do so

To Phil

The intent of the rules is to retain some degree of the production chassis.

my concern is someone will build a fully scratchbuilt chassis with just a small square of the original plastic between the wheels. Hence the need to tighten up on the chassis rules a bit.

I'm not sure what chassis you intend using but it will have to be drawn from the fly classic range in the elligibility list.

If anyone is using a resin or F/G body they have a larger choice of bodies to run than the RTR guys. I decided to let them in so we had wider range of of bodies and so guys like yourself could at least express some of your scratchbuilding skills and come up with perhaps an unusual car.

Because the RTR cars have to run the original chassis as a base we need to make it it fairer for them and restrict the chassis choice for the resin & f/g cars to one brand in this case fly classic from the eligibility list.

By leaving the front half of the chassis in tact every body starts off with basically the same thing..

At the moment I'm not prepared to change this rule.

To Lim

Yes you can change bearing if you wish provide that they are not ball race bearings ie; plain bearing type.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll ammend the rules to reflect that.

To eveyone.

I am going to close the rules off wednesday morning and that will be it unless there is a glaring error that I haven't picked up on that realy need to be fixed, I have been ammending the rules as needed this week and noting the date ammended, so please go back to page 1 of this thread and have a read. if you have any questions before wednesday please post them.

Cheers Alan

ps I am going away for 5 days starting on Thursday and will have limited access to the web, so please be patient if you have a question etc. I should be back the following wednesday.

Edited by lenny broke

Hi Again

At present I'm putting together the Host tracks for the series

Here is who have indicated so far they would like a round

Bo...........Colyton raceway ( new Warwick Farm ??).NSW

Vinno.......Emu Park..............................................NSW

Jaimie......(IT electrical).........................................NSW

Phil K,......Shelmore Park.......................................Tas

Hobart Model car club depend on avail at time.........Tas

Slider.................................................................. Tas

Hoffy........6 Pines..................................................SA

Aastes .....Woodlands Raceway...............................Vic

The aim is for ten round at present am waiting for some people to indicate their intension

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Alan: I am just being asked questions by all some of the guys down here. Several already have resin bodies on RTR chassis's,but some have had the front wheels moved to align the wheels into the wheel wells and the rear is left stock.

I want to resolve these questiond before the rules are finalised,it is easier, I think! Before people start building.

Last year most cars were reasonably standard but a couple I had trouble finding the original chassis!

I will probably build a resin my self but several of our bodies are not on the list so will have to look for something that is and a will probably use a Ferrari Chassis.

Hi Phil

I've PMed you on this issue this morning

Last year most cars were reasonably standard but a couple I had trouble finding the original chassis!

Thats what I'm trying to fix for this year by defining the chassis rules more.

If you are willing to make your bodies available to others wishing to enter and they meet the intent of the rules and time frame I'll be glad to add them to the list.

Cheers, Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Hi Guys

I have made some more ammendments to the rules this morning following on from requests to do so. Looking back they have become a bit more covuluted than I would have liked but I think that they have coverd as many grey area in them as possible.

I have also added some cars to the RTR list, they being the Sloter 312 Ferraris and the Lola T280/T290, simply for the reason to add some more cars to that list. and yep I know they are post 71.

I don't intend to extend the period for resin& F/glass cars as I think they have a wide enough choice of bodies as is.

I have thought long and hard about these changes in the last couple of days and I think they will make for a better series.

I will lock the rules in this evening, so if you wish to comment please do so till then.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Hi Dave

Sorry to see that,

The rules have been draft till later today, They will be final this evening.

I think I have done them to death now, so better get on withit!

Are you coming over to Melb for the historic races in the park this year??

I hear there is a support race for some modern cars on as well :)

Cheers Alan

Hi Bruce

Gee your leaving this a bit late.

The Bacon bodies are no longer made but ,they do fit the intent of the rules and those models are on the list and similar are available through other makers . I will allow those bodies in because it would be difficult to tell the difference anyway.

Regards

Alan

LATE BRAKING (sic) NEWS

Phil Kalbfell and gang have agreed to make available a selection of their homebrewed resin bodies for proxy entries to use in the series.

I believe there is a 2 week wait as they pour the shells to order

I have added them to the elligibility list calling them for the excercise "Tassie Resins"

Among the additions are a couple of Aussie classic sports cars, the Elfin 400 and the Matich SR4 - corrected as post below

If you are interested please contact Phil via PM or email for details

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Ok thats enough discussion. The rules and elligibility list are now set.

I will put them into a new thread and lock them off.

I hope everybody is happy I,ve tried to make the rules as clear and defined as possible .

Thank you all for your input and I hope now the series will be a success.

Cheers Alan

Well done Alan....Nice set of Rules.... :D

My car is now ready and was test run yesterday....So when do you want them?... :D

Just one small point....Why is it 20$ entry fee for a foriegn entry, but only 10$ for a Aussie car?., especially as postage is paid at cost anyway...... Not really a problem, just seems a little strange.

Regards

Alan

PS...Phil...Any photo's of these shells?, and how much?

Edited by BEEJAY7

Well done Alan....Nice set of Rules.... :D

My car is now ready and was test run yesterday....So when do you want them?... :D

Just one small point....Why is it 20$ entry fee for a foriegn entry, but only 10$ for a Aussie car?., especially as postage is paid at cost anyway...... Not really a problem, just seems a little strange.

Regards

Alan

PS...Phil...Any photo's of these shells?, and how much?

Hi Alan

Last year the Australian entries paid an extra $5.00 AUD for "contingencies"which we haven't applied this year. I must admit that I have taken advice from others on this as I unsure what to charge Overseas entries. I will undertake to make any adjustments to entry fees if need be or maybe cover return post if we have enough in the kitty.

I have been a bit early getting this started I'm afraid and haven't yet decide on a calendar as we haven't worked out the Hosting order.

I also have some motor racing committments through out march so I was aiming for end of march early april.

If we can get something organised sooner we will, so hang on to your car for a bit and I will announce when I have a better idea.

Glad to see your sending another car.

Lenny (Alan)

Actually, Alan, it says Aussie entries are $10AU, while outside entries are $20US!? That's nearly 3 times as much!? Plus we have to pay return postage, while Aussie entries don't? Of course our return postage willl be more, but shouldn"t everybody pay the same, including whatever it costs to get their car back? I don't know what this "contingencies" charge was for local entries last year, but I would be happy to pay my fair share, as long as it is equal for all. If you didn't want overseas entries, just say so! The rules look good, but I'm not sure I want to enter any more? I would like to remind all the Aussies that the American proxy races are open to entries from all countries, races, religious beliefs, sexual preferences, etc. and all at the same entry fee for all entrants! :D

Edited by PeteN95

PeteN95

from the Northwest US of A!

dont let something like postage put u off guys i am sure everyone would be willing to chip in a little extra to get u lads from over the seas to have your cars here i know i sure wouldnt mind just dont complain when my car whips up on you guys......lol :D

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

dont let something like postage put u off guys i am sure everyone would be willing to chip in a little extra to get u lads from over the seas to have your cars here i know i sure wouldnt mind

I'm with magoo on this one.

Edited by manic35

Ok Guys

This is my first attempt at this kind of thing and I don't really know what the costs are.

I had to take advice from others on this and the wording in the rules was a mistake on my part .

I have made an ammendment to the rules to allow for return postage of OS entries .

I had no intention of putting off Overseas entries at all. In fact I look forward to seeing them on the series regardless of sex, creed, gender preference or nationality

If it works out less I will make any adjustments gladly

The contingencies were return postage on local entries as I am told.

a lot of the local entries were returned in groups so the postage was less.

Any monies left over were donated to the auslot forums to assist in hosting expenses as will be done this year, so no personal profiteering will happen.

Sorry if this reply sounds tetchy, thats because I am ;)

but I'll get over it ;)

Alan

Edited by lenny broke