2007 Down Under Proxy Series

lenny broke

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all just been through every one of the 34 pages of posts of the 2006 proxy series and no one has mentioned anything about motor size......would i be out of the game if i used the standard fly motor (mabuchi) or should i slip in my new 25k sport motor ...what does everyone intend to use. just dont want to be out of the race before we start cheers magoo ;)

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

Ferrari 312's raced in 1971. Slot-it and Sloter cars could be made accurate with minimum work.

Reference book.. Ferrari 312 & 512 Sports Racing Cars, by Ian Bamsey.

hmmm...Slot.it 312 might make things a bit of a one horse race... <_<

Hi Guys

Dave Slot it cars are not in this year I'm afraid.

we are considering slotter cars at present but at present they are out side the time frame.

Hi Werner

I haven't included Maxi Models because of the cost I think they are a bit expensive nice as they are though.

As for the carrera cars you listed I am not that familiar with them at all. They aren't that common locally(in oz). If they are a plastic chassis home racing set type of car we will consider them. Can you send me some piccys of them with a "nudie" shot of the chassis please, to have a look at.

Mr Magoo

Motor choice is up to you, most people opt for the slotit motors. Keep in mind that a lot od different people will be driving your car on different tracks and surfaces so try to make it as easy to drive as you can

Cheers Alan

Alan not happy about 8/B I don't believe that local cars should run on there home track unless they compete in every round, To my way of thinking this is unfair to the cars that are entered to race as a series as seen last year in Tassie local cars took a good portion of top places depriving some of the series contenders of a bag of points I was lucky to have a good enough lead to still win but I think some other cars that had done the hard yards were seriously disadvantaged

thanks

Viv.

Hi Werner

I haven't included Maxi Models because of the cost I think they are a bit expensive nice as they are though.

As for the carrera cars you listed I am not that familiar with them at all. They aren't that common locally(in oz). If they are a plastic chassis home racing set type of car we will consider them. Can you send me some piccys of them with a "nudie" shot of the chassis please, to have a look at.

Thanks Alan,

The Maxi-Models Kits have the same price as the Racer Kits which are listed. So we should be consistent here, either both in or both out.

With the Carrera Universal after re-considering, they are not commercial available anymore for a long time, so for this reason alone they should not be allowed.

The HSRR McLaren's should be o.k. ?

Cheers

Werner

Hi Viv

Heres the last sentence in rule 8B-

· Points shall not be awarded unless a full series entry fee is received by the organisers

I think this should take care of local cars robbing points from the registerd entries.

perhaps a reword to reflect that local cars won't be counted in the official results would explain it better.

If we get a big entry I would expect that the local cars would get a lower priority than series entries.

It was put in to give somebody not comfortable to send a car away a chance to run against the main series cars.

Cheers Alan

Hi Guys

I have updated the rules, noted in brackets with a*.

Can I suggest that if you have a question, have a read of the rules first on page 1 . The answer is probably already there, if you are still unsure by all means please post a question.

We are still looking for circuits to host rounds, at the moment we have 5 hosts

Vinno not sure which one or how many, can you confirm please, Vinno

Hoffy ( 6 pines - 4 lane routed MDF ferrodor surface)

It Electrical, Jamie (4 lane scalex sport )

Hobart Model Car Club (Phil K) (2 X 4 lane routed semigloss surface) can you confirm which ones please Phil,

if anyone else has offered and is not listed please give me a reminder.

Cheers, Alan

Edited by lenny broke

have picked my starter already and commenced respraying proceedings

Maybe you should start with the mechanical side of things before worrying about how it looks. ;)

Martin, now that's just being nasty mate!!!! :o

Mechanically, I will be upgrading the gearing, axels, wheels/rubber, little added weight...probably the motor too but not too much power.

I'm not in this to win it mate, I just want to be involved and make it past round 1 this time!!!!! <_<<_< :( (okay, maybe I want to kick hmc and Nimrod butt too!!!!)

Edited by manic35

Tassie local cars took a good portion of top places depriving some of the series contenders of a bag of points

All the Tassie cars that gained points were entered in the whole series! One extra car competed at Shelmore but Martin excluded it from the results.

The points system used is base on the laps completed not the race positions!

I hope Alan will use this system again this year.

Alan once I have some idea of the time frame I can let you know which tracks. One will be the NEW Shelmore track once it is completed.

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

Would love to have a round here in Launceston the new slider park will be a 4 lane routed track . surface will be paving paint maybe not sure about it yet .

i,m sure i would have Dennis Murray interested in helping also Smallnails i,ll have to ask them both of course . I better get it finished of course which it will be . Cheers Slider <_<

is there any weight restrictions ????

Incase this has been missed i'll quote myself...

oh yeah - which way do the tracks go anti/clockwise???

The only restriction on weight would be that the motor can push it. Oh and as stated in the rules none under the chassis.

Not all the tracks are decided so which way they go is still open. Mine goes anti clockwise for half and clockwise for the other. It is an out of shape figure eight.

is there any weight restrictions ????

Incase this has been missed i'll quote myself...

oh yeah - which way do the tracks go anti/clockwise???

Hi Brendan

In case you missed it when you read the rules on page 1

I. Ballast - There will be No limit on Ballast weight. Ballast shall be retained within the topside of the Chassis ie no ballast fitted to the bottom of the chassis.

As for track direction that will be up to the hosts. Probably the direction that they normally race I would expect.

CHeers

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Hi Guys

I think we have done enough talking on rule regs and what cars can run in the series.

I am going to work on the final eligibility list and tidy up the rules a bit today. I want to lock it all in by wednesday morning. So once Ive posted the final draughts we can make final comments until wednesday and then thats it. what we have is what we got. then we can get on with building cars and setting up the calendar.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Might be an idea to post the rules and we will pin it and lock the thread. Makes it easier to find as most people will only go to the latest page and not the first.

Let me know when you want to do it. I will get Jacob to set up a separate sub forum for the Down Under Proxy Series and give you moderating rights on it as we discussed originally.

The points system used is base on the laps completed not the race positions!

I hope Alan will use this system again this year.

Hi Phil

That's the plan.

As far as I understand the points scoring system, it works like this

If the highest lap score is expressed as 100% all other scores under that will be calculated as a percentage value of that.

so that rather than awarding points to position gained you get points awarded on the individual entries lap and part thereof scored. So if a local entry finished in front of a series entry it will not affect the points scored by either.

Phil, if you can give a better explanation please feel free to do so.

Might be an idea to post the rules and we will pin it and lock the thread. Makes it easier to find as most people will only go to the latest page and not the first.

Let me know when you want to do it. I will get Jacob to set up a separate sub forum for the Down Under Proxy Series and give you moderating rights on it as we discussed originally.

Vinno

Yep I like that idea as well, I have it settled by wednesday morning and repost the rule in a new thread. then I leave it to you to set up.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Alan: Lola 310 eligible IF date extended to 1972?

A few questions about using the Fly chassis under a resin body.

Can a Slot It motor pod be used even if the original chassis had a motor pod?

Can the front wheel location be altered to suit the resin body(Wheel base)

Can the Guide pivot be replaced on any chassis with circuit board material,think some of last years cars had this done,to make it stronger.

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

Alan: Lola 310 eligible IF date extended to 1972?

A few questions about using the Fly chassis under a resin body.

Can a Slot It motor pod be used even if the original chassis had a motor pod?

Can the front wheel location be altered to suit the resin body(Wheel base)

Can the Guide pivot be replaced on any chassis with circuit board material,think some of last years cars had this done,to make it stronger.

Phil

Hi Phil

As the rules stand at the moment we may end up with virtually a 30mm square of the original chassis plasstic left, which I don't think was Martin's intention of the original rules.

As I would like to keep to that original intent I think a revision of the rule is appropriate. My interpretaion of the rule was to keep a fair amount of the original chassis.

So what I would like to see is this.

The original chassis must be retained from the guide mount to the front of the rear wheel openings including the original front wheel mounts and there location .

A minimum amount of plastic can be removed to allow clearance to fit a motor pod assembly.

A brass sleave may be used in the guide mount hole to allow fitment of a smaller guide post additionally one brass tube may be used to improve the location of the front axle.

The guide mount may be strengthed with a non metal material.

The rules have been ammended to reflect this intent

As to the 310 Lola, if the car is not on the list it's not elligible

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke