2007 Down Under Proxy Series

lenny broke

HI All

Following on from the success of the 2006 Auslot Proxy races last year I am please to announce that we will be running a proxy series again in 2007.

This year the category will be Classic Sports Racing Cars 1960 to 1971

This category will include Sports prototype/Lemans type cars, CanAm and National sports car championship type cars type cars.

A comprehensive list of elligible cars will be posted shortly along with the rules and regulations for the series. Expect the rules to be similar to last years with a few changes

While the list will be extensive it may not be complete. We are intending to allow resin and fibreglass type bodies in this year, utilising chassis' drawn only from the elligibility list only. It may even be restricted to one make of chassis, This will be decided by the time the final rules are posted.

If you think that a car not on the list should be included please apply to the organisers to get it added to the list. However if the cars does not fit the intent of the rules as decided by the organisers it's application may be refused.

The plan is to have at least ten rounds for the series starting hopefully in mid to late April and running through to late September early October.

Looking forward to everybody's involvement.

Cheers

Alan

ps could the mods pin this to the top of the forum please

Edited by lenny broke

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

The rules can now be viewed via this link

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3971

Cheers, Alan

Edited by lenny broke

ELLIGIBILITY LIST DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES 2007

Hi Guys

The eligibility list can now be viewed via this link

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3971

please scroll down to list

Cheers, Alan

Edited by lenny broke

IMHO I think the Vanquish range of Can Am cars should not be allowed to run in this proxy race owing to their extreme over width and over lenght. They are about 1/29th scale.

Maybe all the Can Am cars should be excluded for the same reason,what do you guys think? Maybe the rules should just have a maximum width included that limits the very wide Ferrari's and out of scale Vanquish cars.

Phil

Hi Phil

I agree that the Vanquish MG cars are so out of scale as to be nearer 1/24. however I would like to see a a selection of Can Am cars included in the list.

To keep out the "mega" wide cars I propose that a maximum overall width of 64mm be applied to the cars. I have measured a selection of my fly classics including the Porsche 917-10 and they all fall inside that measurement.

Cheers

Alan

Alan i just wanted to say a big thanks to you and the guys for getting this up and running, i know you said you had some spare time on your hands but this is a huge commitment to take on and you should all be congratulated for it.....very clear rules, great category and i am sure we will see some first class entries and some top nights of racing thanks again from all the team at Auslots :o;):D

Edited by mr magoo

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

Alan,

I was thinking of entering a Fly Porsche 917K, (I recently purchased a Fly kit) but was wondering about Chassis rule C The Chassis may be modified but it must be one piece between the axles.

My chassis would not be modified, (ie standard RTR Fly) but as you may know, the 917K chassis is in 2 pieces between the the axles. Is the 917K ok?

Cheers Matt

Alan,

I was thinking of entering a Fly Porsche 917K, (I recently purchased a Fly kit) but was wondering about Chassis rule C The Chassis may be modified but it must be one piece between the axles.

My chassis would not be modified, (ie standard RTR Fly) but as you may know, the 917K chassis is in 2 pieces between the the axles.  Is the 917K ok?

Cheers Matt

Hi Matt

Yeah I'm not real happy with the wording in tha rule myself.

What we're trying to say is that the original chassis must be retained in one piece between the wheels ie; no floppy pans or flexi pivots etc but you have the option of using, for example a sloit it motor cradle. I guess we are trying to allow a degree of scratchbuilding while keeping the them "plasticars"

The 917k is fine, that is the type of car this series is exactly aimed at.

Hope this clarifys your question

I wll have a better explanation for that rule soon.

Edited by lenny broke

Hi Alan,

ie no ballast fitted to the bottom of the chassis.

Just wondering if this rule is set in stone? Since there is a minimum ground clearance is this necessary?

Hi Jamie

Yeah that rule is fixed.

You would be suprised to what lengths some will go to to get the weight down as low as possible.

The reasoning for this is two fold

1 . Should the weight come loose there is a better chance of it being retained within the car.

2. Should a car get too low during a race and start touching the track you won't get arcing if the ballast is conductive. It could cause a shorting of the electrics in the track.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

So I can run a resin or fibreglass body but the chassis (which has to come from another car) can't be altered in length as the rules say 1 piece between the axles? Don't you mean 1 SOLID piece between the axles?

I just need some clarification as I have an old Scalex Ferrari 330 with Ninco chassis that has been extended 3mm so the wheelbase suits the body.

Sorry to start putting the pressure re rules and regulations on you guys so soon.

May the downforce be with you.

So I can run a resin or fibreglass body but the chassis (which has to come from another car) can't be altered in length as the rules say 1 piece between the axles? Don't you mean 1 SOLID piece between the axles?

I just need some clarification as I have an old Scalex Ferrari 330 with Ninco chassis that has been extended 3mm so the wheelbase suits the body.

Sorry to start putting the pressure re rules and regulations on you guys so soon.

G"day Sports

I'll direct you to the chassis rules here.

A The Original chassis as supplied with the RTR body must be retained. Aftermarket or scratch built chassis are prohibited.

B Resin or fiberglass bodied cars must use a chassis from the list of eligible RTR cars.

In other words In part A if you are running a body from a RTR car it must retain the original chassis it was supplied with. so sorry you can't mix and match makes chassis and bodies.

For part B at this stage for resin & f /glass it is a chassis from the elligibility list, though we are considering tightening this to a specific chassis out of the list. should have it sorted in the next couple of days.

Hope this clears it up.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

9 EXCLUSIONS

A Manufacturers

The following manufactures cars will be prohibited from this series.

· Slot It ie; HRS chassis, Ferrari 312PB – this evolution of the car was raced post 1971 and therefore ineligible.

· Vanquish MG Any cars from the range , due to the overscale proportions in relation to other common brand cars Scale is approx. 1/28

Alan, by this do you mean only Slot.it HRS chassis are excluded and all the other Slot.it chassis which come with the RTR cars are OK? So I can enter a Slot.it car as long as it does not have a HRS chassis?;)

Boy, you guys are really laying it on thick this year. :lol: I have only just decided on a car to be built (not even started yet!) for Phil Kalbfell's 2007 WPR series and now you come up with this :lol: No respite for the wicked!!! :lol:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Hi Lim

We are pretty well following last year in that slot it cars and or chassis won't be allowed in. However you can adapt a slotit motor cradle to an elligible chassis if you wish.

As the rules stand at present no slotit cars are elligible anyway as they fall out side the time frame for the event. 1960-1971. though the 312PB did race in 71 the slotit version as modelled did not run until 72.

Yeah I think we maybe cramming the calendar a bit . I'll talk to Phil about timing of the series so they don't overlap I reckon, though the two series tend to attract different groups in general.

Only mugs like you and me are trying to do both. ;)

Cheers

Alan

Alan: What happened to all the McLarens?  RTR and resins?  Ford MK1V resin?

Fly 906?  Fly 917/10?

Phil

Hi Phil

As per my PM to you, typing error on the Macs . will fix.

906 list as carrera 6

I have a Mk 4 in there under a pendle resin. they don't list a brand name on there site so I just listed it as a pendle.

Fly 917/10, that version didn't race till 72 I thought. happy to be proved otherwise.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

The WPR group C race will start early in the year probably April. No idea about the Auslot race but last year in started in June and by this time the WPR cars will be headed off overseas.

But we also have two GPR rounds here in Australia in September this year as well!

Alan yes you are right about the 917/10 it was the PA type car running in '71.

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

Hi Alan,

Please consider the PCS32 chassis for the Resin & Fibreglass cars.

And/or for a side winder setup, PCS32 chassis with a Fly sidewinder motor bay glued in, helps with a full interior.

Regards

NimROD

Hi Vlad

I did consider the PCS as a possible but I thought we would retain the chassis rule from last year and keep them RTR based chassis. It is highly likely that the resin F/glass cars will have a choice from a specific make so tht the RTR cars are on a more "level playing feild" I will ammend the rules by tommorrow.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Purchased my 2007 proxy entry about 20mins ago..........a LOLA T70 MKIIIB the 1969 Thruxton model but the internals shall remain a little on the quiet side for now read- (havent decided yet), thanks to manic35 for the guidance....should be an awesome category cheers Magoo ;)

some re-spraying inspiration

My Webpage

Edited by mr magoo

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

Purchased my 2007 proxy entry about 20mins ago..........a LOLA T70 MKIIIB the 1969 Thruxton model but the internals shall remain a little on the quiet side for now read- (havent decided yet), thanks to manic35 for the guidance....should be an awesome category cheers Magoo :lol:

Anything I can do to champion Flys magoo.

But be warned magoo, once bitten by the Fly Classic bug you never recover!

--------------------------

ASIDE: I have a funny feeling there will be a lot of Fly kit cars, (917K, 512 and T70) in this years proxy - We might have to encourage some respraying to ensure some variation. ;)

Edited by manic35