FloridaSlot

Carrera And Ninco

Hi...I saw a thread on another forum where the Ninco brain was grafted on to a Carrera track ;) (using a dead strip)they used the carrera lane changers (changed the chip under the track) :huh:

perfect...100mm between the rales, carrera great racing surface, carreras excellant corns and have 8 cars running around it....wow :huh:

the future is here now :)

cheers

I spose cause they both share deadstrip to trigger lane changers?

Latest news is Ninco have brought out two powerbases, one which in some sets has pro mode instead of am mode! and vice versa and are recalling the first version and swapping it for the second version, all in less than a month. It appears most of the master sets have the old one and the digi upgrade sets have the new one. If you have the older version Id take it back, trouble is they dont have enough newer versions just yet. If you go to the Spanish slot car sites and use translator you can see a whole range of various posts by Ninco owners. For those who arent aware Ninco is designed in Spain and is a Spanish company, so the Spanish sites generally have more info. And as a comparison Scalextrics first SSD powerbase was also a flop.

cheers

Edited by aussieslotter

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...=0entry233379

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21492

Similar posts on the Spanish site. But you must register to view posts!

http://www.slotdigital.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3961

Also translator does not always translate in context.

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Oh yes I remember now, thats the guy whos now banned from SF for various reasons.

Of course it would work=)

Not sure of:

a)What % of slotters use Carrera track

b)What % of these guys would want to use Ninco N Digital.

Im sure someone somewhere will try it and appreciate it.

Equally you could hybrid it with SSD.

I think it would be easier to just buy Ninco track, although I personally like the Carrera track surface better and looks better.

Cheers

www.scorpiuswireless.com

thats the point...use carrera track (I prefer the carrera surface and look aswell :) ) with 8 cars....4 lane digi, 8 cars, over taking on all four lanes....that would be excellant :) :) Using ninco chips in any brand car, since you can buy the chip for ninco and not for carrera and the ninco chip looks to be the simplest one to install

Not sure if you could grate it it a ssd lane changer...does ssd use the same soliod set up as carrera and ninco lane changers?

cheers

SSD actually uses 2 solenoids, where Carrera and Ninco use one solenoid with a spring on the other side, the Ninco would fit easier but ssd could be fitted just as easily. Yes the Carrera track looks the go=)

www.scorpiuswireless.com

are you sure you have had a look at that thread???..you dont take to solioind out of the track...carrera and ninco are the same, all you need to do is change the curcuit board that is uder the l\c and use the ninco black box..no major changers to do...thats what makes it so perfect....no changing of hardware track peices :)

cheers

Yup I know Carrera and Ninco use one solenoid, and yes I know the solenoid stays in=)

With the ssd mod youd fit one more solenoid but wouldnt have to cut in a deadstrip, so about the same amount of work either way.

Havent seen anyone test Ninco yet with 8 cars on a big layout, I'm guessing with only one extra amp to run 2 extra cars its doubtful, especially the way the Ninco system heats motors up excessively, and the fact Ninco LC's use twice as many amps to power a LC. Not Ninco bashing, just discussing. Hope Im wrong.

Also with a simple mod you can have multilane with SSD now. (sorry, had to throw that in=)

Sorry the deadstrips annoy me=(

As much as I like Carrera track its too big for my home track, excellent for commercial use though=)

Did you see how free flowing the Carrera LC is compared to its opposition? Very cool design.

Cheers

www.scorpiuswireless.com

i agree with you on all points :rolleyes:

have you taken a flash photo of cars racing around ? ...lmao, it makes all the l\c flick, so the next car to pass, it changes lanes without you wanting to..lol :) Its a good dirty trick too :)

cheers

Did you see how free flowing the Carrera LC is compared to its opposition? Very cool design.

It looks more like you can go through flat out and hopefully avoid accidents caused by having to slow down to push in front of people.. surely we're imitating the race track not the Sydney Traffic System! :rolleyes:

I hadn't heard about the flash thing. that's funny!

Could someone explain how the LCs work? Am I right in assuming that the Carrera and Ninco ones open on a pot and return on a spring and the Scaley goes both ways on a pot??

Does it then power open and back again or does it just wait for the next car?

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

i agree with you on all points :rolleyes:

have you taken a flash photo of cars racing around ? ...lmao, it makes all the l\c flick, so the next car to pass, it changes lanes without you wanting to..lol :) Its a good dirty trick too :)

cheers

Even sunlight on a particular angle through a window can make it shudder on/off.

SSD is triggered by cars LED sending signal out. Opto sensor in trackpiece senses this and opens gate as car passes opto sensor (I.D. sensor). It stays this way till next car passes over same opto. If this next car has button pushed on controller it stays open, if the car is not sending lane change signal then gate resets just before car reaches gate. Not sure on Ninco or Carrera except to say solenoid opens gate, but spring shuts it.

SSD has a solenoid for opening and another for closing.

Cheers.

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Sounds like advantage Ninco as you wouldn't get unwanted lane changes having the gate close automatically.

Stu

Old racers race harder

Cool! Thanks Aussie.

So the possible problem with the Ninco is that it all relies on connectivity through the track 'cause of the deadstrip thing where peeps have been 'powering' the SSD lane changers seperately? Does that lead to power surges on Ninco?

Ninco seems to have teensie little chips that fit nicely?

What about Carrera? didn't they "only" have four cars or something? :huh:

Perhaps I should start a new "PLease don't confuse me" thread.. in fact I think that I shall. :huh:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Sounds like advantage Ninco as you wouldn't get unwanted lane changes having the gate close automatically.

Hi Stu!

You only get unwanted lane changes with SSD if the following occur:

a)Dirty hand controller example the board where the button contacts.(sends distorted signal to car)

b)Cars sliding sideways and cars LED missing track I.D. sensor.

Fixes available for a & b as follows:

a)Never happens if you maintain your controllers, keep them clean.

b)Use a mod where you add an I.D. sensor in parallel to existing I.D. sensor. So sliding car misses factory sensor but is picked up by extra sensor.

I have one curved LC on my track where I added an extra sensor and it works,

also another proposal is to mount LED in cars guide, so if car slides, the LED will still pass over I.D. sensor. Ive done this also and works 100%

@Eno...Carrera LC works the same as SSD, ie it has LED in car chassis and I.D. sensor in track.

@Stu...Yes thats correct, you cant and never have been able to buy Carrera car chips, no one knows why, its killing their product.

With Ninco Stu the trade off is the use of deadstrips, which a lot of people dont like. Unfotuneatlely there will never be a fix for this as it a crucial element in design.

Even though SSD's system is slightly flawed regarding sliding cars coming off a curve, it can in fact be easily modified to get 100% accuracy and no deadstrip. In a straight lane change situation the SSD system works guaranteed 100% of the time.

The Ninco chip is shorter than SSD but wider, so about the same overall.

Scaley making about ten cars this year with plug n play chips, 30 seconds and its converted using a screwdriver, just like the Scaley Takara cars. Eventually all Scaley releases will be plug n play. If Ninco copied the same plug, a car could be converted from SSD to Ninco N Digital in 30 seconds, hence at least some compatibility.

Cheers

Rick.

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

[a)Dirty hand controller example the board where the button contacts.(sends distorted signal to car)

So you still haven't had any problems with the controllers since we corrected this?

With the Ninco system of dead strip, I think a little investigation may be able to produce something that will make everybody happy. I'll have a little looksee next week at the shop around the corner from work.

Stu

Old racers race harder

[a)Dirty hand controller example the board where the button contacts.(sends distorted signal to car)

So you still haven't had any problems with the controllers since we corrected this?

With the Ninco system of dead strip, I think a little investigation may be able to produce something that will make everybody happy. I'll have a little looksee next week at the shop around the corner from work.

Thanks to you Stu not a problem since! (Stu showed me how to lap the button to the board for 100% conductivity) Thanks heaps! That was an important development actually.

With the Ninco deadstrips I cant see how it can be changed as the system is designed to work like this. You would have to completely redesign it from scratch.

If you could eliminate deadstrips it would be a different story.

Cheers.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

I'm thinking along the lines of an inverter circuit to change the signal from a light detecting diode mounted in the side of the slot to the original dead strip wiring. Will see what can be thought up.

Stu

Old racers race harder