aussieslotter

Ssd 3 Day Whirlwind Tour

Hi Guys,

Just got back last night after a 3 day SSD tour. Heres the schedule:

Day 1

8am: Leave Sydney

3pm: Arrive at PhilR's at Finley NSW near the Victoria border, checked out Phils new slot car shop and track nearly finished, did the twin powerbase mod for Phil. Talked about the possibility of organising Australioas first SSD National Championship.

7pm: Leave PhilR's and travel to Melbourne

Midnight: Arrive at Melbourne and stay up till 3am talking.

Day 2

10am: Leave base in Melbourne

10.45: Arrive at Greg R's to check out his new track being built, check out a track building program. Gregs a perfectionist and can see it in his work, hes up to doing the elevations, so no laps today. well done so far Greg, Im looking foward to seeing it in March.

11.30: Do the twin powerbase mod, works perfectly

Midday: Lunch

1pm: Go to Geds slot car shop and track in Melbourne, buy 4 cars, have a race on his track

2pm: Greg and I arrive at Sax's place to check out his track and have a chat and a few races with Espix and GregR, Sax and myself, very impressive, lots of grunt, no glitches ;) .

5.30pm: Head back to base for dinner.

7.30pm:I arrive back at Sax's for some serious 1 on 1 racing, and I get to learn Sax's track. We had some very tight laps together neck and neck, heaps of fun. Check out SSD new timing software. Have a long chat. I learn a few things, especially running without brakes, cars were flying!

Midnight: Head back to base

1am:Arrive back at base, talk with friends till 3am

3am:zzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzz

Day 3

8am: Leave Melbourne base and head 300km north back to PhilR's

Midday: Arrive at Phils Help wire up the PSU, lenghten some throttle cables

2pm: Phils mates arrive for first trial run at shop. Heaps of fun. Ran Aussie V8's, locals favourite. Well done Phil,

3pm: Head back to Sydney via Wagga.

10.30 pm: Arrive back in Sydney. Have a snack, catch up on Slotforum.

Midnight: Hit the sack, phew what a weekend!

IMG_0540.jpg

Saxs track after 3 days of hard work restoring it after its fall that almost ruined it.

Well done Sax!

And Im doing this again in March when I visit Melb for the Grand Prix,

Cheers

Rick

Edited by aussieslotter

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Wow, thought I was made. Need a Wild Turkey . . . (off to get one) ah!!! to calm me down just thinking about it.

While no doubt exhausting you no doubt had fun. Coormon, what did you buy?

While I'm in Wagga Wagga (place of many crows) all next week I will be ducking over to Deni for a night, so might drop in and see PhilR's new shop.

Can you please PM me his details.

Thanks heaps

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

And now we all can get some sleep !!

I was seriouly dissapointed with the grip on my track in the first session of the day (JGTC and V8's), had it not been so hot and covered in dust , the 4 of us would of had a much better experience although it was a blast , The second session racing door to door (GT40"s and camaro's) is what its all about fast and fun ( if only the other 2 guests had stayed longer !).

I hope your drive was worth the effort and I look forward to banging door handles again.

Grand prix weekend

I will start planning now and gather a few racers for a social night either the Friday or Saturday evening,

I will start a new post closer to the date regarding the Aus GP weekend

sax

@Sax,

Dont forget the 911GT3R's!.

Re March maybe we could do something at Gregs Fri night and your place Sat night for example.

@Mel, cant believe I stopped at Wagga on Sunday for dinner and drove past that nice SSD track, maybe next time.

2 of the cars were plain white Scaley GT40's, two different versions, (not 2003).

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Cheers

Rick

I wouldve thought AUSLOT wouldve been the "Forum of Choice"

Yes,

the 911 GT3R'S were great , I will be getting some , I think they will a permenant fun class to run on my track.

sax

Cheers

Rick

The truth comes out when your on NO-DOZ

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Cheers

Rick

Brendan,

Actually they both are, but I freely admit I spend a bit more time on Slotforum as thats where the majority of digital forums are which is what Im interested in the most, and am working with a guy from SF to develop a potential new product, hope you can understand, point of the post was meeting up with mates from Auslot, hope you read that bit=)

I see you on Slotforum too Brendan, its a good site just like Auslot is. Good though to see your loyal to us Aussies=)

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Sounds like an awesome tour. Hope you had a ton of fun. We're probably going to have one of our rounds at Ged's on Grand Prix Saturday so you're more then welcome to watch and have a race (lavenlaar has also showed interest).

What were your impressions of Ged and his place?

Cheers,

Frederick

@Freddy,

Thanks for the invite, see if I can jam it in=)

Impressions of Ged and his shop....all good...a ton of stock...older release cars of which I bought 4....awesome analogue track with a ton of grip. Ged even opened up while he was supposed to be shut on holidays! Ged even showed us this very realistic on line racing program where he has a full steering wheel, gears, brake, and was racing online with 12 other dudes all around the world. Very realistic.

Cheers.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Hey aussieslotter 'Phils mates arrive for first trial run at shop' I was there on the Sunday, I spend 2 weeks in Deniliquin over the new year thingy.

cheeers gene

@Gyprock....small world, did I race with you? I left at 3pm to get back to Sydney.

See ya next year then!

Cheers

www.scorpiuswireless.com

yeah I think you did, I was racing around for awhile, actually I was on it all the time, we left about 3;30. Phil said you were coming but he should've introduced us, but he was a little busy, yeah see'ya next year.

cheeers gene

Yeah it was a good day...and as Gene said .it was indeed slack of me not to introduce him to Rick..

I was kinda busy that day though!! Although certainly not as busy as I would have been if not for Rick's very generous helping hand!! :)

Anyway..Its starting to all come along nicely now..the pace of progress continues to grow!!

Gonna maybe do some laps with On the flipside this weekend!!

Phil

Frontroom1.jpg

Hi Guys,

Phils track is one I visited on tour, but my pics turned out too dark.

You can see why this track needs the twin powerbase mod!

The boys should be happy now Phil!

Watch Mel too, he cheats....

nah only jivin'

Cheers

Rick

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Yeah it was a good day...and as Gene said .it was indeed slack of me not to introduce him to Rick..

I was kinda busy that day though!! Although certainly not as busy as I would have been if not for Rick's very generous helping hand!! :o

Anyway..Its starting to all come along nicely now..the pace of progress continues to grow!!

Gonna maybe do some laps with On the flipside this weekend!!

Phil

Frontroom1.jpg

And we thought Rick's was big. Bloody hell!

Stu

Old racers race harder

Ged even showed us this very realistic on line racing program where he has a full steering wheel, gears, brake, and was racing online with 12 other dudes all around the world. Very realistic.

Cheers.

He must have ben driving on Saturday coz for a few hours I could hear a V8 engine changing gears etc

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Watch Mel too, he cheats....

nah only jivin'

Cheers

Rick

Hey Rick, he's a country boy like myself. No cheating mate we just play tough. :lol:

Over in Wagga at present and chipping and tuning a few cars. Well we were interrupted last night with a mini cyclone. Trees and power lines down, damage to our van etc.

Looking forward to Sunday Phil.

Mel

Well did the Riverina tour over the last two weeks. Stopped off at Wagga (Longfella) for a few laps (1000's actually) had some great races with a number of classes. It's a very fast SSD 23m track with a 6m straight and a R3 bank at the end. Can be costly when a couple of cars come undone - as I found out.

Some more lane changes to go in, extra power base and tranny.

I really like this track

IMG_0640.jpg

Left Wagga to go to Deniliquin via Finley. Had over two hours with PhilR on his new commercial SSD track. Says he will be finished in about a month. I'm only guessing but the straights are around 12m - 15m in length and to see some cars at top speed is awesome. Due to the way Phil has constructed this track he will be able to change the layout quite often. No doubt there will be some bugs to iron out. Phil is a great bloke so hope he does OK. He has some good plans but I will let him tell you all about those. Hopefully we can organise a group to go down (and or up) soon after he opens.

Likes: Really lets you open up your shoulders, plenty of high, medium and low speed sections (lot of consentration) and very different to anything else I have ever raced on.

Dislikes: 6.5 hrs from Sydney and I do not have the room to have one at home.

MtPanorama035.jpg

Drove back home via Temora, Cowra and Bathurst. Decided to do a circuit around Mt. Panorama to takes heaps of pictures to help with the scenery of the Mt. Panorama Rally Track I am building.

Whilst I have been around this circuit many times this is the first time I had a caravan on behind me.

Couldn't get close to the HRT guys but almost gave the Ford times a nudge :unsure::rolleyes:

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

One of many pics taken to replicate scenery as close as possible

Slide6.jpg

After almost wearing out the brakes on the caravan we decided to head into town for a coffee.

Mrs Flipside noticed a Hobby Shop across the road so I had to have a look didn't I?

Well well - found a couple of cars I hadn't seen before and these capped off the trip nicely

Slide1.jpg

Didn't take in as much as Rick but had a ball of a time.

Now back to finishing the SSD track set up and starting my Mt. Panorama Rally Circuit.

Mel

Try 8.5 hours to Finley not 6.5!

And..... Mel did you get the caravan sideways coming out of the dipper? :D

Rick

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Try 8.5 hours to Finley not 6.5!

And..... Mel did you get the caravan sideways coming out of the dipper? :P

Rick

I can't help it if you live out at Wisemans Ferry! :D:P

It's 668 Kms from my place (according to the GPS) - You got a Ford?

Re the dipper: Went OK, was just about out of brakes by then but let me tell you the L/hander at the Chase was almost expensive. Very deceptive that one. Especially with the van on, the LH kink just after the start of conrod caught me out a little as well. You don'y notice it a lot on the car but with a van on the mountain top is a bloody long way up.

@beastm: It's a Digital track so you can run 6 cars at once and thats enough. I was racing from one end of the track and couldn't see which was mine down the other end. Phil was always in front until I hit the straight with my Steroid V8 Supercheap.

Bathurst caravan story, back in the '80's we took a caravan to the TOOHEYS 1000 and back in those days you could use the circuit to exit the top of the mountain, so going down through the dipper there somewhere about 4 deck chairs fell of the roof :D lucky it was one of our cars following, the chairs didn't hit anyone, but then again they weren't ours anymore :P