#61 Roland

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:01 PM

boslot, on Aug 17 2004, 09:02 PM, said:

Hi Roland

This race is only for Camaro's & mustang's and may be the next trans am race will be a non magnet race with the vetts then, I keep you posted.

Regards Bo
ok, thanks, for now I'll do some testing to see how the Vette's stack up with the button magnet.

Even tho I read elsewhere in the forum that weight works better, magnets up front might suit most punters as they're so easy to fit...
Cheers for now

Roland

#62 jim

Video Game Driver

• Auslotters
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:26 PM

OK SATURDAY THE 25th OF SEPTEMBER for the AUSLOT Scalextric Trans Am Endurance race

Times to be confirmed

Regards

Jim Berry
Armchair Racer

#63 Rene

Slot car modifier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:45 PM

boslot, on Jul 21 2004, 08:05 PM, said:

To all Auslot members we will be holding a Scalextric Trans Am Endurance race.
The race will be held at ARMCHAIR RACER'S TRACK, [date to be anounced].So if you are interested please reply to this post as we will organise the details soon & there will be a one hour free practise at ARMCHAIR RACER'S track on a sunday.
So if you have a stock scalextric Comaro or Mustang and want to enter you are welcome to.

Regards AUSLOT FORUMS
heyo,

i'd like to join in aswell,

on the modification point (sorry this is probably trivial) but i want to change the front lights from the dull yellow to a nice xenon white on my mustang is this an illegal mod?

cya
Rene.
An unmodified car is like a blank sheet of paper, aching to be drawn on.

Ren's 3 lane routed track with analogue pits and 2 car sudden death.

#64 Vinno

GP2 Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:55 PM

Rene

Great to see another entry. We will pin it to the front page over the next day or two with all the details. There are more prizes still to be announced.

On the lights. I cant see a problem changing the lights but the cars will be scruitinered so keep this in mind so you are careful removing material etc. We don't want to start people modifying as it will make the scruitinering process longer.

#65 Rob E.

Slot Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 08:11 AM

This looks like it's going to be a fun race. Last night at the Wilmot races I tried out a Mustang that I have. All I did was take out the bar magnet, fit the button one and put it on for a run. Didn't even bother to true the tyres.

After a few laps of trying to get used to driving a magnet car, it became a pleasure to drive and was turning some pretty decent laps as well. A couple of the other lads had them too and some close and spirited play-racing was had.

If last night's experiment is anything to go by, it will be a great event.

Rob E.

#66 boslot

rapidslots

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:49 PM

Yes rob we did have a most enjoyable run with these trans am cars.

Regards Bo

#67 boslot

rapidslots

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:57 PM

Here are some pics of Armchair racer's track that the AUSLOT 500 will be held at a Ninco six lane around 25 meter per lane.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Regards Bo :ph34r:

#68 itelectrical

Drone King

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:16 PM

It's a top looking track. Iv'e never had the pleasure of a test run on it yet, but I'm sure my Camaro can finish on top...lol...
And the unbelievable collection in the background of the photo's...
JamieB
ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current Posted Image Auctions

#69 Jacob

Kart Driver

• Staff
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 02:43 PM

Just a notice, if some of you haven't seen, we have an entries topic in this section of the forum. Just post that you will be attending. Link to the topic is here.

#70 cliffy

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 07:22 PM

:D :blink: ;) If this race is being held on Sunday 25 Sept then I can make it!!! Now that would be very interesting, there are one or two names that frequent this list that I would very much like to put a Mug on. Of course I may regret that... ;) However, when I get my Butt kicked I will just Skulk back to Queanbeyan and sob quietly into my Whisky. ;)

#71 Vinno

GP2 Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 08:34 PM

I take it that means you can't come then. Unless you are available on Saturday the 25th. :blink:

#72 itelectrical

Drone King

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 08:38 PM

C'mon Cliffy, we'd love to see you there, and I'm sure there will be at least one person you have met in person before.
JamieB
ITeLECTRICAL

#73 cliffy

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 05:53 PM

itelectrical, on Aug 30 2004, 08:38 PM, said:

C'mon Cliffy, we'd love to see you there, and I'm sure there will be at least one person you have met in person before.
:lol: DOHHHH I did Mean Saturday, had a bad week, again.... :D

Yes i will be there, unless something totally unforseen takes me out of circulation that weekend. :wacko:

#74 Vinno

GP2 Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 09:22 AM

I had a short test at Armchair Racer yesterday with my Mustang and the cars are very suited to the Button magnet running. I only did around ten laps and was doing 6.9 second laps on the white lane which is second from the outside. There are probably a couple more tenths to come once in the groove with the car but it is shaping up to be a great race.

As a comparison I also ran my Slotit Audi with NC6 Crusher motor and no magnet. I had that down to 6.5 seconds.

Bo and myself also dropped into Slot Shop last night to have a bit of fun on Rolands Artin track. While running F1 cars with no magnet can be a bit dangerous the Scalextric Camaro's and Mustangs were awesome. The track is so smooth to drive on all you need to worry about was the speed you hit the overpass at. That actually made it more fun as you could try to get the car airbourne coming down the hump.

The open class cars like the Slotit Audis and Bo's Fly Racing Lola run very well. The track has surprising grip for all brands of tyre. Also being hard plastic the track doesn't sag between the bracing underneath.

#75 Vinno

GP2 Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 11:13 PM

Posted Image

I have taken a picture of the two Ninco magnets compared. The magnet we are using for this race is the 2mm magnet on the right. The large magnet is the one fitted to Ninco cars as they come and is 6mm thick. The 2mm is available as a spre part and is the same as the Scalextric Sport magnet fitted to sedans. It is hard to get the Scalextric Sport magnets unless you have a Sport car.

Posted Image

The magnet as fitted to a Mustang Chassis.

#76 boslot

rapidslots

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 11:17 PM

Here are our Tran Am cars that I painted today still lots to do.

Posted Image

Michaels mustang & my camaro

Regards Bo

#77 Vinno

GP2 Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 08:34 PM

Click on home at the top of the page to see the announcement for the Auslot 500 Trans Am race.

No there will not be grid girls either Jamie.

#78 itelectrical

Drone King

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 10:39 PM

What's that got to do with me Vinno??

If you dont see me on the forum for a while it's because Im starting to prep my Pre' 72 Sports car and Open Sedan for the next race at Wilmot.
JamieB
ITeLECTRICAL

#79 Vinno

GP2 Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:16 PM

Jamie

I didn't want to say Al because he may think we have one of his old girlfriends there for him.

If you stay away you will miss the great setup tips for Open Sedans and Pre 72 Sports cars. If we have races like that Open Sports heat where we finished with your car on top of mine the racing will be close.

Pre 72 sports I think I will not worry too much about but it will be time to debut my Mika Hakkinen Mercedes CLK DTM in Open Sedans.

#80 itelectrical

Drone King

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 06:26 AM

Didn't someone get a photo of the end of that heat?
JamieB
ITeLECTRICAL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users