Auslot Endurance Trans Am Race

boslot

To all Auslot members we will be holding a Scalextric Trans Am Endurance race.

The race will be held at ARMCHAIR RACER'S TRACK, [date to be anounced].So if you are interested please reply to this post as we will organise the details soon & there will be a one hour free practise at ARMCHAIR RACER'S track on a sunday.

So if you have a stock scalextric Comaro or Mustang and want to enter you are welcome to.

Regards AUSLOT FORUMS

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure on the magnet/non-magnet yet, we would like to see whether the members would rather race magnet or no magnet. so if your interested in your post, put whether you would rather run maget or non magnet.

Im also in :)

IT department

Michael

auslotforums.gif

My idea on the magnet situation would be the button magnets only. This way we can run stock cars to make it easier for new racers but will keep the speeds down a bit to stop cars being trashed when they crash.

They are fun to drive like this and we can run the Ninco 2mm magnets if you dont have any Sport magnets as they are the same size.

The cars will be scrutineered by Jim so all will be even.

Hi to all members

Here are the members that will be racing in the TRAN AM race so far but we need about 18 to 24 members to make a true endrance race & a good time to meet members. So if you have never race before this is the change to enjoy this great hobbie with AUSLOT members. If any member needs help with there car set just let us know we will be more than happy to help.

Dave

Jamie

Camron

Bump

Michael

Jacob

Vince

Boslot

Regards Bo

Armchair Racer is at Lane Cove and fairly easy for Central Coast access also. I have an hour drive myself so come along. Any interstate members who are going to be in Sydney let us know. We don't have a date set as yet and may be able to work around this.

The track is 25 metres and six lane Ninco. It is easy to learn so don't worry about home track advantage.

Vince

Count me in. I would prefer standard magnet so everyone is exactly the same.

If we go no magnet how about just removing the magnet but no lead again so there are no advantages.

My only other comment is Jim's Ninco layout is all Ninco and is heavy on tyres do we want to consider options for tyres or will this make things all the more difficult? Just a thought.

Charlie

Count me in. I would prefer standard magnet so everyone is exactly the same.

If we go no magnet how about just removing the magnet but no lead again so there are no advantages.

My only other comment is Jim's Ninco layout is all Ninco and is heavy on tyres do we want to consider options for tyres or will this make things all the more difficult? Just a thought.

Charlie

Charlie

We were actually thinking of running a button magnet in the front rather than the bar magnet at the rear. This will negate the need for weight and keep the speeds down to reduce the impact when crashing. We don't want to add weight for the simple reason of keeping cars even for people who haven't raced before.

The tyres will hold up over a race quite well. They have run Scalextric GT40 endurance races there before and the tyres last quite well. The rules aren't set in stone yet so we will see what suggestions are put forward before we decide on how we go about it.

im pritty new and altho i have run at ACR i deslot alot! is that a problem?

If anyone else is thinking the same thing, then do yourself a favour and just get rid of that idea, right now :(

We're not racing for houses or pink slips, this isn't the National Title. This is just a race for anyone who visits here to have a race and a bit of fun and put faces to names.

What we could do if enough people are interested is to have a pre-race session on a weekend before the race, just one hour if Jim okays it. A bit of practice on:

* marshalling cars (the car that caused the crash is marshalled last)

* basic car set-up like truing wheels and tyres, etc

* basic driving technique, e.g. using Armchair's variable brakes, racing etiquette etc.

If anyone is interested in something like this, particularly anyone who's keen to have a go but a little cautious about mucking something up, just add a reply to show your interest and if we get enough, we'll organise something.

But remember, this is a social event wrapped around a race, so its an excuse to meet and share a laugh, usually at my expense knowing the Willmot guys.

Good idea?

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

So if you are interested please reply to this post as we will organise the details soon & there will be a one hour free practise at ARMCHAIR RACER'S track on a sunday.

Deslotting is common with these cars with the rear magnet only. Running the front magnet almost stops this altogether. Jim has already offered a free practice on a Sunday for those interested in racing.

Don't be afraid as I only started this year also and found it easier than I expected.

One of the things I have noticed since I have started racing is the winner is almost never the guy clocking the fastest laps.

I agree with most of whats written above. No weight, standard tyres, and a button magnet up the front only.

The only other comment I'd make is to Badbilly - If you can find a Sport Camaro I think you would be doing pretty well.

It would be nice to see some Bob Jane Camaro's going around too.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

Just started runing in ,testing & setting up my bob jane camaro for the up come race. Its good to see a few more starters, it will be a fun race and you will learn a lot, Vince and I did in our first wilmot race and still learning at evey race we enter.

Regards Bo

COOL.. keen as now!! Umm any chance of making the rule for cars ASAP as there is a camaro Sport for auction on Ebay and i want to know wheather to bid on this or just buy the non sport.. i not really got the $$ at the moment to buy both.. newborn baby and he wont stop S#*%ing!!! u seen the price of nappies lately!!! pmsl.

cheers

A Sports edition Camaro should be fine. If not, we'll find some standard bearings and rear axle for you to swap for the race, no worries.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Everyone says the motor is the same except its has a little sticker wrapper thingy that says "Sports". Its the rear axle and bearings that are better, an additional button magnet and the packaging.

You may well see a faster lap whereas a few people don't see much difference at all. My personal preference is to get the Sports version if its available.

As bump said there hard to find, but if sport is all someone can get there hands on im sure we can work something out.

If anyone is un-sure about racing, give it ago, I haven't even used a camaro or a mustang and ill be there giving the race ago for some fun, and as a chance to meet some of the forums members.

auslotforums.gif

Guys

Just a question on the button magnets. Some of us do not have any Sports cars so what type of button magnet is OK? Can we use the standard Ninco or Fly button magnet?

Does the magnet need to be located in exactly the same position for all cars? I ask because I think the non Sport versions do not have a provision on the chasis to locate a button magnet up front. If some like me do not like cutting holes in the chasis we could just glue the magnet in as long as we agree on its right location.

While I am rambling one last question are we restricting this to Camaro's or are we including the Scalextric Mustangs as well?

Charlie