Sign in to follow this  
sidecar steve

What's The Hot Set Up Tips (proslot Toyota Gt1's)

Hi.

Outta the box,these beauties run ok for like 5 minutes before the pinion shreds itsself. :D

I've read that pinion and crown gears should be replaced. I'm gonna go with Slot.It bits. What ratio should I go for? I'm thinking 8/26.

Apart from that and fixing the magnets in place, the chassis are straight, tyres and wheels true, axle ok and front stubs much better than anything FLY has ever done. Arch clearances are ok to.

Anything else I should look for??

Cheers

Steve

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

Watch out removing the rear wheels !!!!

The chassis on mine snapped at the rear wheels as I was removing the rear axle. As the motor pod can be removed there is not alot of plastic to hold the back part of the chassis and my bushings were VERY tight. As they popped out the back of my car flew off.

Nothing a bit of super glue won't fix but not the ideal scenario.

Also my pinion just span on the motor arm. I replaced it with a spare one for the time being and it works ok. I am in the process of removing the crown as well and get a suitable pinion. (waiting for parts!!!)

I removed the mag and added some weight to the back as the rear is extremely light ( i run on scalex sport ). The tyres were quite true on my model and were quite grippy too. It's no Slot it Audi yet but I think it definitely has potential.

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

Hi Steve

All I did to my pro slot GT1 was replace the pinon with a brass nine tooth ninco & took out the magnet , it is as quick as my slot it cars. Pro Slot cars are good value in my books.

Regards Bo :)