r_soul

3 Cars On 1 Lane ????

a loss of power

considering we go to the trouble powering our annalog tracks seperatly because there is a noticable amount of power interuption

how would this not apply to the digital set.......i know they all have their own seperate radio signal, but i'm pretty sure u couldn't give each car their own 16 volts

please don't jump all over me if there is an obvious answer, cos this has got me stumped, and is the only reason i didn't go digital with my recent purchase of the la mans and mountain mayhem tracks

It's AMP's that matters not the Volts. As long as your power supply has enough power you should be fine. (Too bad Scalextric didn't think of this!)

Far too true. Everyone thinks it volts that runs things but NO, it is the humble ampere which gives the oomph! :)

Stu

Old racers race harder

ok, so it's AMP's.....did they do anything to solve the problem??

if there's more amps put to the rails....will an electric motor be greedy and use too much or will it only draw what it's suposed to???

do those chips have some sort of resistor in them to deal with this ???

these may all be stupid Q's, if so, i'm sorry.........i'm not the brightest spark......but i'm trying

verry trying :)

these may all be stupid Q's, if so, i'm sorry.........i'm not the brightest spark......but i'm trying

No such thing, only ignorant Q's about things you know nought and a wise person who asks before destroying. ;)

Stu

Old racers race harder

r_soul

Here's a link to bit of video , 4 cars on 2 lanes sometimes 3 on the same lane , alll cars are running to their full potential , using all the available current they want , with the double powerbase mod their is no car interaction (current surge)

sax

No such thing, only ignorant Q's about things you know nought and a wise person who asks before destroying. ;)

cid_000c01c721fb01b9cc100501010asup.gif

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Hi Guys,

Yes digital can be very susceptible to surging and power losses, hence the need for a "regulated" power supply unit, power taps, crimping of track connections and in severe usage such as a club scenario custom modifications like the twin powerbase modification.

Yes its all about available amps and the ability of the system to allow those amps to get where they are needed.

Cheers

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

O.k, time to un-confuse someone. Go buy a variable 16 volt, 20 amp power supply or there abouts and all your dramas will disappear.

This explanation has been proudly provided for the simpler retirees in life ;)

Stu

Old racers race harder

Remember also in digital both lanes are essentially one lane, so imagine 6 cars on this.

I use a 20 volt variable PSU (the sytem operates nicely between 10.5 volts to around 18 volts) with 30 amps available, its also regulated which irons out the surges and losses.

Also independently wired lane changers give make sure power is not robbed to power these lane changers.

Cheers

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

This explanation has been proudly provided for the simpler retirees in life :P

Thanks MATE!

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

So if you buy a super-dooper power supply that kicks out up to 20amps, how many amps will the scalextric digital powerbase allow through it?

I would be suprised if it allowed half of that Amperage through?

Just found this thread which answers my question. It would appear 5A is the powerbase limit??

How did Scalextric think they could adequately power 6 cars and muliple changers with that!!

Edited by zipp

Hmm, everythings upside down??

So if you buy a super-dooper power supply that kicks out up to 20amps, how many amps will the scalextric digital powerbase allow through it?

I would be suprised if it allowed half of that Amperage through?

Just found this thread which answers my question. It would appear 5A is the powerbase limit??

How did Scalextric think they could adequately power 6 cars and muliple changers with that!!

Hi Zipp,

Welcome to the Aussie forum. Yes the Scaley powerbase allows just 5 amps that why we need 2 even 3 powerbases wired together. Nice work on the throttle curves you did on Slotforum too :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rick

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Thanx for the welcome Rick.

Just thought i would pop in, and make sure you Aussie guys aren't holding any essential SSD info back. :rolleyes:

Just thought i would pop in, and make sure you Aussie guys aren't holding any essential SSD info back. :rolleyes:

Not on SSD - only the cricket :lol::lol::lol:

Just thought i would pop in, and make sure you Aussie guys aren't holding any essential SSD info back. :o

Well there is one surprise coming=)

www.scorpiuswireless.com

This explanation has been proudly provided for the simpler retirees in life :o

Thanks MATE!

Can I come out of hiding now??????? :o

Stu

Old racers race harder

Well there is one surprise coming=)

Have i missed it yet Rick, or........

Can I come out of hiding now??????? <_<

You must be still in hiding - didn't see you up at RePete's last night! :)

@aussieslotter - Yes, where is the surprise & heard you were going to the Area3 opening last night, I haden't raced on the Ferrodor for 30 years or more. No need to true tyres too mush when you race on that stuff eh? Had some great "door to door racing".

Before you give the Guy too much of a hard time he did text his apologies

Ahh what the heck carry on and let him know what he missed out on Mel <_<

Keep it in the groove

Pete

You must be still in hiding - didn't see you up at RePete's last night! :blink:

Blame the missus, she had to work late and can't drive. And before you say it, Doc says she can't as going blind in right eye.

Stu

Old racers race harder

In bed 3 days guys, didnt wanna spread it to everyone else, hope you had fun, no doubt Ill be up there soon.

Mel so I heard not even the Ferrodor could help you=)

So anyone shoot some video of the occassion?

www.scorpiuswireless.com