Online Petition For Aussie Cars

lavenlaar

Surely for the sake of making a number of different decal sets, white bodies would be the go? Even to keep the cost down?

A9X Torana (Hatch)...Morris, Grice, Brock, Jansen, the list goes on. And they didn't just race for one season either, so there's potentially a number of differing liveries.

Same with the 4 doors, and the Hardtop Falcons too.

Not to mention the GT-HO's.....

The fact that the over 40's would be the main demographic surely says there's a market, .... bugger me, at $165+ for a static 1/18 model that sells 5000+ overnight, I reckon there'd be a few of these slots selling for $50-$75!

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

• 2 weeks later...

I have a small tidbit of information regarding something very promising on this front for 2008. No information on which year but something from the only company to have shown interest in aussie cars.

It looks like you may yet eat your words Rick but I am sure you won't mind. :lol:

Vinno,

Im happy to eat my words. However all I said was,

"I hope that someone does take a punt, but Im being realistic, if they took the punt based on 112 signatures they would be a fool."

When did the petition get handed in?

As long as they make John Goss's 73 and 74 XA Hardtops I'll be happy.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

BMR have a look at this 1/32 Falcon.

XY Resin

I have been busy trying to get some stock made and found time this weekend to get one set up on a Mustang chassis and will set one up on the BA this week.

Phil

I have a tease photo here for the GM people

th_finishedmonaropluginyellow.jpg

The vacuum body from this mold has been flopped and is being cleaned up and detailed for MJK but I can't remember the blokes name that was cleaning it up , the boot area was out a bit wider from scale for wide rubber but its my first effort at making a mold. The bonnet vents got modified by Sunset to form easier but unfortunately they looked to big and some detail was lost as was some other detail but it was a vac mold not a hard body mold, fine detail is hard to get in vacuum form.

I have 1/32 true scale molds for a GTR and A9X - 4 door L34 also a Valiant VG pacer and XA Coupe + 4 door on the go but it seems that I will miss the bus as far as finishing before other bodies hit the market ...too busy

Edited by BMR

We are all too busy BUT at this time I am only working on the XY,XW and boss 302 is working on the XB. So still plenty of room for some GM products.

Phil

Im too busy with the track rebuild to get anywhere near the bodies ...by the time I get back to normal around here there will be 10 different makers of Aussie bodies around. Thats kool its far easier to buy one than build a body from scratch .

Are the XY shells 100% resin or are they reinforced with glass tissue / glass matt? I made a cast out of a 1/24th FJ Holden vac shell a few years ago then modified it into a 2 door - it was gonna be turned into a buick for a 1940s stockcar race but I liked the idea of a FJ 2 door even before I had seen that fantastic 1:1 Efigy by GMH. I used a fiberglass tissue then a layer of lightweight fiberglass woven roving to keep it light but strong still , with very little resin it turned out nice and around the same weight as a kit like AMT or Revell but strong enough to survive a nuclear blast....pity the 1940s race at the time never actually happened. There is a mold around to make vac bodies of 2 door FJs if it interests anyone - let me know.

th_STEVOSFJCOUPE015.jpg

XY Resin

I have been busy trying to get some stock made and found time this weekend to get one set up on a Mustang chassis and will set one up on the BA this week.

Phil

The vacuum body from this mold has been flopped and is being cleaned up and detailed for MJK but I can't remember the blokes name that was cleaning it up , the boot area was out a bit wider from scale for wide rubber but its my first effort at making a mold. The bonnet vents got modified by Sunset to form easier but unfortunately they looked to big and some detail was lost as was some other detail but it was a vac mold not a hard body mold, fine detail is hard to get in vacuum form.

I have 1/32 true scale molds for a GTR and A9X - 4 door L34 also a Valiant VG pacer and XA Coupe + 4 door on the go but it seems that I will miss the bus as far as finishing before other bodies hit the market ...too busy

GTR's? 4 door LH's? VG pacers?!

Two questions, are they available and how much?

How can you be too busy? what could be more important than making

teeny weeny pretend cars for total strangers for pocket change? :vomit: :blink::lol:

2004623988374979815_rs.jpg

129th on there !!! see if we can get past 200 !

hope they make a SLR5000 !! :lol:

that would be a must buy !!

,cmon aussie cmon

:)

1x Australian National Champion

PhD/Associate Professor in Chemical Engineering for Slot Car Tyres

XY Resin

Phil

GTR's? 4 door LH's? VG pacers?!

Two questions, are they available and how much?

How can you be too busy? what could be more important than making

teeny weeny pretend cars for total strangers for pocket change? :P:) :)

My XY's are 100% resin made from an outer and inner mould so that the mounting posts are cast in the body.

How can you be too busy?

We still like to race and build tracks and Proxy cars!

Phil

129th on there !!! see if we can get past 200 !

hope they make a SLR5000 !! :lol:

that would be a must buy !!

,cmon aussie cmon

:)

Im busy with the track rebuild at the moment ...not much good having new Aussie car bodies if I ain't gotta track to play on. I started on the molds quite some time ago but lost motivation , in fact I actually considered trading the slot car hobby for Remote Control then realised how much RC cars cost $$$$$$ to be anywhere near competitive , plus $$$$ while you crash them learning how to avoid crashing them , can't teach an old dog new tricks they say , I like the slot doing the steering for me .

Once the track is up and going again I will have another look at the molds. I suppose I lost the motivation after the Monaro got flopped within a month and someone else is making money out of it. Why should I give them the chance to do it again ? - let them spend time to make there own mold - them know who they are. Thing is if I was asked I would have given them the mold gladly . Enough said on that subject.

I actually considered trading the slot car hobby for Remote Control then realised how much RC cars cost $$$$$$ to be anywhere near competitive , plus $$$$ while you crash them learning how to avoid crashing them , can't teach an old dog new tricks they say.

I had this idea when I started out on slot cars as a young, broke apprentice, but by now I have realized that I've probably spent more money on slot cars and tracks etc. then I would have spent on an RC car.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

• 2 weeks later...

Yay, 1'm #132, doing my part for you guys ;-)

I'd have to say that the manufacturers will reject anything below 10,000 as it's not going to cover their tooling/produciton costs.....

I'd really like to see a few of us pooling our home-skills together and provide our own plasmould/inject/vacform bodies.

Surely a few guys there already making bodies can provide????

Marty.

Yay, 1'm #132, doing my part for you guys ;-)

I'd have to say that the manufacturers will reject anything below 10,000 as it's not going to cover their tooling/produciton costs.....

I'd really like to see a few of us pooling our home-skills together and provide our own plasmould/inject/vacform bodies.

Surely a few guys there already making bodies can provide????

Marty.

This is already happening and there are rumblings from one slot manufacturer and another new possible slot manufacturer.

• 3 weeks later...