Online Petition For Aussie Cars

lavenlaar

• 3 months later...

Realistically how many signatures do you think it would take to get some action? 1000 might get a nibble? To break even I think you would have to have a run of 2000-5000 cars made. The trouble with historics is that you are catering to people over the age of 40 and they're a dying breed. My little nethew wants a Skaify car. Mention Barry Mulholland or Bruce McPhee or even Colin Bond and he gives you a blank look. So how many sales are there for historics? To add an interior to the V8 supercars would push the cost out to 90 plus dollars, thats why they dont come with interiors. At the moment we have 112 signatures (Im one) and even if every person bought 5 cars thats only 560 cars sold. Nowhere enough to break even.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Rick, we also speak for the silent majority....

And how many "Historics" have Biante sold? Those things don't even have a motor to help them go round the track yet they have a huge following, even at the prices they charge.

GTHO's, XU1 Toranas, RT Chargers and anything to do with 1:1 Aussie muscle cars are worth crazy prices, just go to any of Shannons auctions or have a look at the Aussie Muscle Car web site. The boom that these cars are going through in Australia doesn't look like faltering, there's money out there, and lots of it. Why shouldn't a slot car manufacturer get on the bandwagon?

May the downforce be with you.

SR,

You make it sound easy. If that is the case then there are slotcar manufacturers doing themselves out of money. I dont think collectors and slot racers are the same breed of person. Although I will admit that there is probably a large overlap. You can always sell stuff to an enthusiast as they are willing to pay stupid amounts of money for something. How many mums and dads would be willing to buy their little Johnny a V8 supercar for 100 dollars, that would be the cost of the car if it had an interior, when they could buy one for 50 dollars and it was equal in performance and quality.

Im sure anyone here could go to Southern Models and commission them to build any car (Im assuming there are no licencing issues with the owner of the real car). They would turn around and say minimum run is 10000 units. Even if the cars could be produced for 10 dollars a pop, thats 100K up front. Are you really that confident in being able to move 10000 units of say Leo Geoghan's Bathurst Charger? Id be willing to buy it but that leaves you with another 9999 sales to go.

So far we have 112 signatures. If we each put up $892.86 we could have ANY CAR WE WANT BUILT. How many takers out of the 112 do you think we would get? I mean its a sure thing isnt it? We would just need to move 10000 units to break even. Dont get me wrong I would love the cars to be built, Im just being realistic.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

If you go back over the thread you'll find it has all been covered before

I know it's going to cost $200,000,000 blink.gif to tool up for one car and no one will buy the finished product, except your keen racer and collector, but as pointed out before you have to start some where.

As far as cost goes (covered before) I remember paying $75 for a scalextric car 15 - 20 years ago and that was the standard shelf price.

They've just released 32nd scale Phase 2 & 3's (die-cast) that sell for around $50 - $60 so some one got there finger out and got them made ........ so it can happen.

Gary

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

There are always people willing to risk 100K plus for a business venture. If I went into a bank for a business loan of 100K plus and tried to justify my business plan based on 112 signatures what do you think the bank managers response would be?

I stand by what I said before. If everyone parted with 892 dollars WE could get ANY car built. WE could get it to happen right now. Gazza if youre not willing to part with that much money then you must have some small doubt about selling 10000 units. I know I do. Someone like Southern Models could take a gamble and say to themselves I think I can sell 10000 units. If they dont sell and the stuff stays on their shelves they will have made a huge loss but it wont send them broke. It would however send a small operator bust. Hell I know for a fact that they couldnt move a whole bunch of Williams F1 cars a while back and it was burning a hole in their pockets. They were just dead inventory, nobody wanted them. They finally started moving them at 35 dollars which was below cost. They made a small loss, but its better than a big loss.

I hope that someone does take a punt, but Im being realistic, if they took the punt based on 112 signatures they would be a fool.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Scaley saw potential in manufacturing the V8 supercars, I wonder what their forecast sales were for that venture.

I realise there are more body shapes (moulds) required for the variety of historics but as they say every journey starts with one small step, if they produced one mould it would give them a feel for the market potential.

GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY / GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

The reason i bumped it back up again is that when it was first posted there was only around 500 members,we are nearing 800.

So if all the nubee's signed up as they joined we would be well on our way!

Original thread http://www.auslot.co...?showtopic=3707

Gary

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

The reason i bumped it back up again is that when it was first posted there was only around 500 members,we are nearing 800.

So if all the nubee's signed up as they joined we would be well on our way!

Original thread http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3707

Gary

The bumping prompted my signature, I'm 112

gah5

Cheers

Glenn