Online Petition For Aussie Cars

lavenlaar

if there is a 3 car box set of say Brocky, im absolutely positive hard-nut slotters will have their fingers on at least 2 sets !!! one to play and 1 to stay :D

got that right

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

But I am not talking about the hard nutters here. The hard nutters will pay $1000 for a 3 car box set.

OK, let me rephrase this, how much are you willing to pay for any slotcar that you want to race...any slotcar. Max of say $100? Is that too rich? For me, that would be my ultimate maximum (being a tight wad 'n' all)

OK, with that in mind, there are a few slotcar manufacturors who could (would? Thats another question) produce a limited run that would come in at around that figure...well maybe...who knows?

That also had me thinking, why cant we do it, that is the wheeling & dealing? Maybe call it the AUSLOT Historic touring car project? Now, I am not volunteering to be in charge (I am the first to admit that when it comes to non work projects, I tend to drag my feet :D ), but there are people here who I would think are passionate enough to get something like this off the ground at least. When I say wheeling & dealing, I mean, prepare a proposal:

• Work out what would be the most econmical cars to produce, I.E, cars that could be done in multiple liveries
  • Seek out Licencing costs & agreements from both the 1:1 manufacturers & the drivers (or drivers estate, if they exist)
  • Produce designs? (this is where it becomes a little more challenging)
  • Prepare a proposal that could be presented to perspective Wholesalers or slotcar produces
  • THis is the hard one....finance

& I'm sure that the list could continue. Lets look at this as a community. We have nearly 600 members, who I would say 20 to 30 regularly contribute. Out of those, at least 5 to 10 would be interested enough to help in some way or form. Maybe also the likes of T/birds, Armchair, Slotshop could also help, if they are interested.

Maybe this is a pipe dream, but hey, we will never know if we dont give it a shot

Hoffy

Edited by hoffy

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

I don't see a problem with paying $100 bucks.. but that would be with an interior.. and lots of spares! :D

Running gear could be quite generic as they'd all be run together.. :angry:

Would you need licensing with the drivers or the teams they were contracted to (should they still exist) you WOULD to use their image I'd imagine but to do a car??

It's not a bad idea Hoffy - now who knows useful stuff?

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

if there is a 3 car box set of say Brocky, im absolutely positive hard-nut slotters will have their fingers on at least 2 sets !!! one to play and 1 to stay <_<

I don't want to put a damper on this idea, and this is not just a Ford fan speaking.

But while you still have leaches involved with anything Brock, nobody would be able to buy one car let alone 3.

And with a high price tag .... you would not want to race them,and thats the whole idea of trying to get them produced

The last thing we need is a nother set of "Shelf Queens"

Gary

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

if there is a 3 car box set of say Brocky, im absolutely positive hard-nut slotters will have their fingers on at least 2 sets !!! one to play and 1 to stay  <_<

I don't want to put a damper on this idea, and this is not just a Ford fan speaking.

But while you still have leaches involved with anything Brock, nobody would be able to buy one car let alone 3.

And with a high price tag .... you would not want to race them,and thats the whole idea of trying to get them produced

The last thing we need is a nother set of "Shelf Queens"

Gary

Hence my question....How much would you be willing to pay for cars that are not shelf queens?

I agree with the Brocky thing, that if you produced a box set of 3 Brock cars, they would be snapped up by general collectors & ebay re-sellers & would only be available for vastly inflated values. & who's to say we could actually get a Brock set of slot cars. I think it has been mentioned before that Biante have the rights & no one else can do them on a commercial scale (I would love to be proven wrong tho....)

Personally, I would like to see as a first release either

• A three car box set based on the 72 bathurst enduro. This would include a Falcon, a Charger & a Torana
  • The above threee cars release as single releases

Like I said, Personally, i would pay up to $100 maximum, but i think that a more realistic saleable price would be around the $70 region. This would depend on (obviously) someone actually making them......

Hmmm, I wonder if Biante have ever thought of doing plastic slotcars?

Edited by hoffy

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

List of cars for the first run

You would have to start off with the XY GTHO ....I know the XR was the first, but every one even Holden fans would buy the XY.

The GTS327 & GTS350 Monaro,every Holdan fan would buy one and every Ford fan as well,we need something to beat. ohmy.gif

And the RT,E49 Charger they were a great looking car back then and they'd look great on the track now.

It could all be released in a "proper" Bathurst set!

All models raced outside of the touring class as well .eg Super Falcon,Beechey's Monaro & Geoghegan in the Charger to name a few.

And if they came in white as well you could build any team

All the other Falcons and Holdens,large and small,can be added on the list down the track after (if) we get the first cars up and running.We need to make the ones in charge understand that there is a market here and that there is money to be made.

This post was made over on the original post, since then the same topic has been on 4 seperate posts,we need someone to put them all together!

Original Post http://www.auslot.co...?showtopic=3707

Gary

Gary

List of cars for the first run

You would have to start off with the XY GTHO ....I know the XR was the first, but every one even Holden fans would buy the XY.

The GTS327 & GTS350 Monaro,every Holdan fan would buy one and every Ford fan as well,we need something to beat.  <_<

And the RT,E49 Charger they were a great looking car back then and they'd look great on the track now.

It could all be released in a "proper" Bathurst set!

All models raced outside of the touring class as well .eg Super Falcon,Beechey's Monaro & Geoghegan in the Charger to name a few.

And if they came in white as well you could build any team

All the other Falcons and Holdens,large and small,can be added on the list down the track after (if) we get the first cars up and running.We need to make the ones in charge  understand that there is a market here and that there is money to be made.

This post was made over on the original post, since then the same topic has been on 4 seperate posts,we need someone to put them all together!

Original Post http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3707

Gary

Mods, I am sure you should be able to merge these threads...they do so on many other forums?????

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Id hate to put a dampner on things but 90 odd signatures aint gonna cut the mustard. And yes I have signed. With any limited production run I would suspect that you would need to produce 5000 to 10000 units just to cover costs of tooling up etc. So if I was a business person and was going to fork over 10s of thousands of dollars to tool up for a limited run of brockmobiles or moffatmobiles or johnsonmobiles id be feeling queezy right now with a confirmed 94 signatures.

Unfortunately Australia is such a small market. Would there be large interest outside of Australia? I suspect not. At least with European cars you have a very large market.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

You have to start somewhere!

I know it's a big call ...... but if enough people winge and bitch about it some one might just take notice.

Even if they just built the body and used a common chassis.

At the end of the day if you can show someone the completed car and they don't ask "what is it" i'd be happy

Original thread http://www.auslot.co...?showtopic=3707

Gary

Gary

Yep your right, perhaps if we got into the several of hundreds of signatures we might get a nibble.

The other sticking point is how greedy are some of the owners of these cars going to be? Some individuals or racing teams dont want any royalties (eg Stone brothers racing) where as Walkingshaws mob (HRT want a lot) hence no HRT cars. I think thats the reason why the Moffat Mustang was never made but the Jane Comaro was. All a matter of how much royalties they wanted.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776