Online Petition For Aussie Cars

lavenlaar

• 4 weeks later...

One of every Bathurst winner should do me fine. Although I'd have far too many Holdens in my collection which would be hard to take.

Perhaps they should release one of every ATCC winner, that way I'd have more Fords in the collection eh!

P.S. The L34 is coming home as soon as I see one, it will just be hiding at the back somewere

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The 60s & 70s were my favourite time in Oz, touring car racing. Some of those cars I owned (a couple of Cooper S's, LC GTR - hotter than an XU1). I'd certainly like to add some of the cars from that time to my slot car collection.

I'd love a Big Pete Geoghan Mustang, he was my hero when I was a kid. ;) The toughest races I remember seeing Pete Geoghan in, were at Catalina Park, which was just too tight to let the Mustang use its horses. In every race Lakis Mantikas & John Leffler were all over him in their Minis, except briefly down the main straight. Wonderful stuff to watch.

Obviously I'll sign the petition now, if its still alive.

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Photos of my track in progress.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

The Bob Jane camaro sold well and the originl l34 channel seven did but the livery since then hasn't moved any where near as well talking to the retailers that i have. The arguably most iconic Australian car the moffat coca cola mustang was only made in 5000 pieces but was still readily available 18 months after release and the Brut one has been even slower. I just think the demand isn't there and it seems i will never get to race a valiant lol.

If people love a car so much just paint one. Manufacturers will make whatever the demand is for.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

• 2 months later...

I do hope it does well Phil. It's nice to see that they've finally recognised our existance, for whatever the reason. The XB has a bit of extra push over the Torana just because of the Mad Max tie in.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

It will be interesting to see how the XB sells !

If they make the car big and wide as like the real one, and fitted with a sidewinder ,it will sell faster than hot cakes . It has the potential to be a great runner from its body shape.Lets just hope Scaley fit it with a side winder.

From what I've heard in the O/S market, the Torrie runs like crap compared to other Scaley cars so it doesn't sell well. Here on the other hand people bought them just for the nostalegic value of an Autralian car. If only they made them in sidewinder and lower.

I can see Scaley doing a "Sandown" set or something simulor with the XB & Torrie and IMO could be a limiting factor on how the falcon handles........And here's why I think that.

Apparently there has been a fair bit of backlash from the lastest V8 sets as one cars handling is far superior than the other. THe new FG falcon got a new design chassis which gave it a lower magnet position giving it a huge advantage on magnet running tracks. (look at the chassis and magnet positon of both cars from behind !!). I just hope Scaley dont try to get the XB to run crap just to match the Torrie just so they can sell sets. If the car runs well, it will sell well

Clevo

Edited by Cleveland

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

• 3 weeks later...

My 2 cents worth... yes the Torana should have been a sidewinder as the early pre release Scalextric promos said it would be. The XB has been listed at this early stage as a sidewinder but anything could happen between now and the end of the year when they turn up. I'll still get an XB, this or a furure livery just to have a proper looking Bathurst 70s race on my track.

If the XB turns out to be a better runner than the L34 then my solution is to run the enduro as adult drivers v kids, kids get the better car.

Holty

• 8 months later...

Hi there.Has there been any feedback from Scalectrix?

I guess they will be looking at adding the Merc and Nissan to the stable for next year. Or will they? I hope they lean to the trans-am series. There are some very awesome looking cars that would be fantastic to have in my collection. I must say the XJS Jag in the picture above is fantastic. I still remember those cars arriving at Bathurst and taking it 1st and 2nd.

With regards to the XB. They should be releasing more from that era. Not just one. That is what irritates me a little. A bit like the Group 5 releases. We want them all at the same time so when we race we dont all have the same car. :D

Cheers

Smithy

Edited by Smithy

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll have a Bolwell Nagari please.

Start carvin' Tris

Lol! I'd reckon you'd be right too. Still,can't hurt to ask. While I'm at it,how about a Purvis Eureka. P76 Force 7 perhaps? Edited by sigmaman

www.sigmamansmodels.com

"Lol! I'd reckon you'd be right too. Still,can't hurt to ask. While I'm at it,how about a Purvis Eureka. P76 Force 7 perhaps?"

:huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Gails of derisive laugther Bruce!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mellow:

Edited by lenny broke

• 6 months later...