Online Petition For Aussie Cars

lavenlaar

In the meantime, I'll content myself with my old cobbled together Monogram/Scaley Kevin Bartlett Channel Nine Camaro and head on out to Finley every now and then to do battle with Phil Rourke's mutton barber mates.

Ahhhh. I remember when. Kevie Bartlett on the Mount wipes out yet another Group E. Adds another notch to his steering wheel.

I do miss proper Touring Car racing. I miss the days of Godzilla. Am I the only one who considered it very un-Australian to change the rules so the others couldn't play???

It might seem sacriligous in this company but I've got to say it... V8 supercars are boring!!! Even the drivers don't give a damn who they drive for! The only passion left is in the crowd!

Embs

(Hiding behind the couch cos ppl are gonna start throwing things any minute)

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Happy to do that Phil, but wait,....Maybe this petition is working ! Torana's are on the scalextric

not so slippery delivery slope !

That's one down....

I'm afraid the V8s lost me years ago (Ford sierra=total disinterest) so I'll agree with

Ember, though, I do have a can ready if her head clears the back of the couch (Ford/holden rivalry). :D

"You Maniacs!.... You blew it up!.. Ah, damn you!...God damn you all to hell! "

• 4 weeks later...

lets hope this can work. i would love to see commodores and falcons from 1980's up. all the greats and even some new cars, more of them in stead of 2 or 3 like that have been created at the moment. I would love a jim beam, jack daniels and bundaberg rum car created because they would be extremely popular

Surprisingly, I dont think I have put my name down on this petition so far so does that make me 201!

I am interested in anything PRE-1980, Falcons, chargers, pacers and toranas HK-HT and maybe HQ monaros (after that the monaro went soft)...Maybe EHs but I think we are then getting prehystoric (not that I dont think the EH is not a good looking car but not specifically built to go fast). I think that post 1980 the cars went a litttle ...plastic I guess. But I can understand people interest in the VH - VK commies also.

Just ti express my opinion - I disagree with you Ember regarding changing the rules etc. The late 70s and 80s were a period of in between I guess performance road car and race car. It was inevitable that rules would need to be changed to keep a feasible toring car category alive. Otherwise, all a manufacturer would need to do is release a two door, all wheel drive twin turbo v8 and they probably would have wiped the floor. It becomes difficult to maintain a parity or competitive series when 'production cars' are not being raced and technologies such as turbo charging, and all wheel drive (which was quite advanced back then let alone any advancements that have been made in more recent years) clearly have significant benefits over naturally aspirated two wheel drive cars.

If the rules were open slather, work the cars as much as you want then yeah, then the formula back then may still work today but altimately you end up with a sport sedan class rather than a touring car category

I dont watch the V8s as much as I used to but I am a fan of parity racing where driver skill goes a lot further than just having a superior car than you competitor (I am not taking anything away from Skaife or Richards on that either guys - both are great drivers) but at the end of the day all wheel drive and turbos help which is why ultimately the twin turbo all wheel drive v8 prob would be the pinacle at a place like bathurst.

For me, I am a fan of pre 1972 racing where you raced what you built but the problem is, now that it is possible to get big HP relatively cheaply, its just not safe for Mr Joe Public on the roads.

Enough of my opinion (everyones got one anyway!!!)....bring on any Aussie race cars - they are all good.

Dave

Edited by GTR XU-1

• 1 month later...
Remind me what we were petitioning again?? I cant remember??

Possibly useless petitions

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

• 1 month later...
Since the boss was away today, I was cruising the Scalextric site and found this:

C3030-Photo.jpg

Really looking forward to this one - probably get three. One to race as is, another to mod and another as shelf queen :ph34r:

Apparently due after Oct 1 some time :P

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I'll probably have to get one. My brother had one. His second car. His first was an XW Falcon. Guess he couldn't resist going over to the dark side.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction