gazza

Enough With The V8's

As with most of the slot car fraternity in Australia we have supported the guy(s) responsible for the V8 Supercars being produced at the moment ,currently 16 and no end in sight.

I know it has been discussed in the past,and it always gets put into the too hard basket,but we need to try and get some of the older Aussie Icons up and racing.

Call it the Bathurst Legends Collections if you like,but i think we need to start pushing to get some of the early greats into production.

Early GT's and the Monaro

img048.jpg

GTS327.jpg

GTHO,Torana

Moffat1.jpg

Even the A9X and the XC Falcons

Brock1.jpg

Moffat5.jpg

Grice.jpg

Even the XD Falcons And the early Comodores

TruBlu.jpg

Brock5.jpg

Even the early Valients would make a great addition to any race

Geoghegan1.jpg

Charger.jpg

Sales would not be a problem as just about everyone would buy two,1 to keep and 1 to race,and if they bought them out in white as well you could paint them up yourself

They could even use the chassis from the current V8,s and or Mustangs and Comaro's

As great as the V8's are,and i will continue to support them,they are becoming like the real things ..... boring. :lol:

Just a variation on a colour scheme.

Bring on the classics

Gary

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I'm not a huge follower of V8's but these classic cars certainly look like worthy slotcar models. And look at all the variety! A lot of the modern V8's look too similar to each other (shape wise).

If a few of these classic cars come out I'd be very tempted to get (at least) 1.

The Palmer/West Monaro and Valiant Charger R/T are the ones for me.

Edited by Freddy

Cheers,

Frederick

The Aussie V8 supercars are "locally built" by Southern Models the scalextric distributor in Australia. Perhaps if they new that there was a sizable market for such a batch of cars they might produce a run? What would a minimum number be for breakeven? 10,000?? A very easy first up run would be to produce a Moffat Mustang TransAm. This car already exists, its just a matter of the appropriate paint job and decals. This would compliment the Jane Comaro.

Would need to have some sort of signed petition so that they were aware of the interest for such models.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

now that Mr. P Brock has passed on, maybe someone can get in contact with his family or like to release maybe the 1st lot of at least his Bathurst winners (ie the parade of champions) Now they will be a damn BIG SELLER !!!! Make them limited - to keep the value on them.

Dont know but think Biante has Brocks contract .....

knlowndeswideweb470x330rr2.jpg

lavenlaar, you little ripper!

espsix and I were discussing this just last week!

The VK Grp A, Chargers, Monaros, GTHOs, hardtop Falcons, Tru Blue and of course my fave, the Torries!

They'd sell like hot cakes.

Where do I sign?

Great stuff

Cheers.

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Hell yeah I'd be buying them, but this same topic does get dragged up every now and then though, but if they can be built by a local that would be easier for us to convince them to make 'em wouldn't ?

I am sure Jim Berry told me once on this site that only 1500 of each V8 Supercar were made for a particular year. These were to be spread over the sets and those sold as individual ones.

Seems weird as there are always heaps of them for sale everywhere, in toy shops, hobby shops, online, slot shops...... and plenty of people have them.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

The Aussie V8 supercars are "locally built" by Southern Models the scalextric distributor in Australia. Perhaps if they new that there was a sizable market for such a batch of cars they might produce a run? What would a minimum number be for breakeven? 10,000?? A very easy first up run would be to produce a Moffat Mustang TransAm. This car already exists, its just a matter of the appropriate paint job and decals. This would compliment the Jane Comaro.

Would need to have some sort of signed petition so that they were aware of the interest for such models.

cheers

rick1776

The first run of V8,s were only 1500 units each and they sold out no problem.

Moffats Mustang is supposed to be in production at the moment,and the HRT cars will be out next year.

If we need a petition then lets start one.

GO GO GO GO

Gary

Gary

[if we need a petition then lets start one] lets start one, were would we start, here on the forum, get a postal address and send a letter (yeah a real old fashion letter) there

Joshing Gene! :)

I believe that nowadays if you set up an online petition it's good enough to count with the government legal requirements.

Given we 'just' want to encourage peeps to build us something fun.. I understand we're one of the biggest markets outside of the UK, the US and Spain for 32nd stuff? Might just have been bumpf though.

Anyway - does anyone have any experience in how to set up an online petition?? Should I go and try to look it up?

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

yeah I know your only joshing mate me too, :);):o ,

but this petition is a good idea, instead of just talking about how we would like these cars year in year out let try and do something about getting them made.

The biggest problem with this beautiful thing we call the internet is that it's very very easy to be taken the wrong way 'cause there's no tonal, facial, body reading that can happen so inflexion can be lost.

I often get caught out through being a bit snide where I know I'm bring 'sarcastic' or whatever but people that don't know that I'm ususally a wholesome arse think I'm just being a whole arse!

I'm willing to look into this if we need a (whatcha - a erm some bugger to do it bloke) a patron? a champion? Damn I forget office jargon! :)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

cheers

rick1776

No slotcars are made locally. Southern Models and Armchair Racer lobbied to have them done and they are made in China as far as I know. Nice and cheap to produce there.

No I am not giving free advertising either but this is how they came about originally. The original moulds of the AU Falcon are in Armchairs display cabinet.

I would say it best to get the retailers on Scalextric products to lobby through a petition sent around to all the stores. The V8's have proven quite successful so there is no reason why an old Touring Car set would not sell.

Since Jim managed to talk them into it in the first place perhaps we should be talking to Jim to try to organise this then??

I don't know how many active members we have here but I reckon we could initiate something almost by ourselves! Get Mr Jim & Roland & Jurgen and Pete and other people I don't know involved.. ;)

lets get some new cars guys! :)

*Made reply about petition here when there was a seperate thread. Please delete this post.*

Edited by Freddy

Cheers,

Frederick

Wonder if the "plain white" XY or HT or GTR or A9X or SLR or X? Hardtop or Charger would sell !!? There's plenty of respect here for the lesser Known drivers cars to be made from plain white cars too !! Between models!!

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

Brock2.jpg

Moffat3.jpg

Morris.jpg

Moffat6.jpg

Brock4.jpg

If they built the Phase 3, they could do the same cosmetic changes that they did with the Mustangs (same bodies different front grills) that way you could have the full set ,ie Phase 1,2 & 3.

And it wouldn't stop there,using the same hard top body you could have the XA,XB,XC Falcons,just change the grills around.

Plus most of the dunnydoors just need a grill change for about 10 models :)

Keep with the blacked out windows,that part doesn't bother me,as long as they look like the real thing i'd be a happy camper :D

Gary

Edited by gazza

Gary