Phillip Island demonstrated that  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Phillip Island demonstrated that

• lowndes is a sook and bought about his own doom
    • Rick Kelly is a cheat
    • Colin Bond is making up the rules as he goes
    • The points system is obviously flawed
    • WICK KELLY ID DA KING!!

If Lowndes had finished 4th and Rick kelly 5th in the 2nd race then Lowndsie would have had a 1 point advantage going into the final race. But instead they black flag Tander so Craig finishes 3rd and Kelly 4th and they go into the final race on equal points. Go figure !! :) Ye the points system s#*ks.

I didn't get that at all - I was REALLY annoyed 'cause I figured that'd give Clowndes an extra lead and suddenly it was cut? Seems like a crap system to me (I must admit I get terribly confused though) - I'd like to see them use the same one as the Moto GP 'cause at least that rewards hanging it on the line! This points for everybody thing works in Nascar, but as far as I can see that works 'cause there's a million squillion quintillion bucks on offer as prizemoney!

Thinking of that - how do teams get paid? Do venues put up prizemoney?

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

The points for everyone in NASCAR works, Coz they race like 40 times a year. WIth that many races, the cream will always rise to the top

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

We have about 30 races in the series??

What I don't get is that if Lowndes is as superior as has been suggested by some, how come he was in a position to be punted & lose the title??

Did he DNF during the season??

I'm ashamed to follow the sport in that people are silly enough to play the bloke that won under the rules that were presented rather than the clowns that wrote the rules.

RK was clumsy if that. Was sorted under the rules that have stood all season. CL was punted after turning himself about trying not to T-bone TK (nice one CL 'cause)

Does anyone know how the series works with money and rules and points and important stuff??

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

I had the opportunity last night to view a frame by frame of the incar from Lowndes' car and anyone who views that footage would have no choice but to declare the contact with Lowndes a VERY DELIBERATE ACT. ;)

It is VERY clear in that clip that Wick swerves to his left to contact Lowndes..... :P

Shame, shame, shame.

Cheers

Garry B)

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

Not picking sides here had enough of the bullshyte but, Mexico 2000 if you were watching frame by frame out of Lowndseys car and you saw Rick deliberately swerve to his left, well of course it would look like that if the camera was mounted in Craigs car, if you had a frame by frame shot out of RK car I bet it would look like CL cut RK off, myself has said that Craig cut off Rick, now a ford person might just be backing me up here, I would like to see some slow footage.

Not picking sides here had enough of the bullshyte but, Mexico 2000 if you were watching frame by frame out of Lowndseys car and you saw Rick deliberately swerve to his left,  well of course it would look like that if the camera was mounted in Craigs car, if you had a frame by frame shot out of RK car I bet it would look like CL cut RK off,    myself has said that Craig cut off Rick, now a ford person might just be backing me up here, I would like to see some slow footage.

More of your uninformed commentary there Gyprock. :P

If you haven't seen the footage then you are IN NO POSITION TO COMMENT, let alone publically state that I am "bullshyting". :P

I am experienced enough as a race car driver and motorsport official to know what I saw. B)

You have already publically displayed your lack of first hand motorsport knowledge in this thread, don't embarass yourself further with even more BABBLE. :D;)B)

Cheers

Garry :)

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

sorry Mexico 2000 I didn't mean by anyway that you were bullshyting, I meant all the bull since last Sunday.

PS Eno you are right thing do come over wrong sometimes

Edited by Gyprock

settle down blokes lets move on please the whole affair was a sad reflection on motor racing and the sooner its forgotten the better.

From the footage from both cars, RK was clearly well behind Lnowdes. So no question of being cut off or up beside the B pillar etc, he was behind and possibly a little too fast into the turn. The drive thru was fair I think, it was unfortunate that someone else tagged Lnowdes after the spin.

I know that the earlier comments are having a laugh. Santa does not bring slot cars to naughty posters.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Actually the entire incedent reminded me of a typical evenings digital racing. Maybe the big boys should try analogue multi lane racing and remove the element of rear end shunts all together.