Scalextrics D Or Ninco D Or Scx Or Carrera D

smallnails

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wrong with you two? People need to know about what these things can do not listening to you two congratulating yourselves over buying SSD! :ph34r:

That last statement is probably slander at the very least "aussie" and I'd have thought you'd know better "Florida" having seen the shambles the US forums make of themselves.. :blink:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

You must be drunk from New Years Eno.

If Ninco website and brochures state chipped Ninco cars can run on analogue, but it doesnt then yes that is false advertising.

Whats your idea of false advertising?

So what if a forum member here goes out and buys one based on such advertising, then finds when opening his new toy it in fact doesnt?,

will you take the blame?

You obviously think this is ok, and acceptable, well each to their own.

I try to keep each of posts informative or constructive.

Maybe you could look over your last 100 posts and see how many are actually constructive and how many are just waffle?

Anyway on an informative note try this:

Plug 'n' play chips

Cheers

Happy New Year Eno=)

Edited by aussieslotter

It simply doesn’t work. It never has worked. And it will never work :lol:

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Hey Rick,

does the Scaley plug and play unit look the same as the Takara version - ie. will they be interchangeable with each other?

Love the layout by the way - seeing your TrackPower design plan helps too.

I'm still keen to get over there for a run one of these days!! I am hoping to have my new layout put together this month, though not quite as large or grand as yours, but bigger than previously with plenty of room for marshalls and maintaining the layout (my biggest problem last time round).

Hi Mike,

They look different to me, the Takara one was great but a little large I think, and yes come over in 2007, Ive made some changes you might like. Bring your son too.

Cheers

Rick

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Hi Guy's,

@Eno, Their right about some of the advertising about the N-Digi system.

I for one was very disapointed with the chip not supporting analogue.

But for the rest of it, it has worked flawlessly.

The things that put me off the other Digi systems earlier on was;

1) Not being able to chip other manufaturers cars easily (SCX & Carrera)

2) Overload Problems with the power base (SDD & SCX)

3) Need to pwer lane changers seperately (SDD)

The above items have been the biggest problems people have faced with Digital.

I decided to wait and see what Ninco came up with and as non of the above problems were evident I bought it and been have heaps of fun since.

Eventually I'll be intergrating N-Digi with my Artin track, unless Artin come up with their own Digi system.

I've enjoyed reading heaps of info on N-Digi on the other forums too,

lots of great info on how the system works and problems others are having and how to work around them.

You learn to by pass the non constructive comments pretty quickly.

Rember it's free speach for all, just depends on the character of the person as to how they use it.

Eno, if you can make it to the next Vic race at Ged's you can borrow my N-Digi stuff for a couple of weeks and see how you like it. Maybe even hook it up to your SCX track too :)

Regards

Nim "Still having FUN with Digital & Analogue" ROD

Edited by NimROD444

Hey "Aussie" and "Florida" - I know I sounded a bit kinda annoyed (yes - I had a lovely hangover to boot thanks) but you shoulda seen the first rant - I actually reported myself to the moderators! :lol:

I just really don't think that comments like "the Ninco Exec's have no idea" are terribly useful. I used to read some of the european and US sites but got fed up with the cant. What's the point of that? :)

NimRod - that's extraordinarily kind of you but I couldn't possibly do that. I might (and knowing me.. would prolly) break it!

Edited by Eno the Wonderdog

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Hey "Aussie" and "Florida" - I know I sounded a bit kinda annoyed (yes - I had a lovely hangover to boot thanks) but you shoulda seen the first rant - I actually reported myself to the moderators! :lol:

I just really don't think that comments like "the Ninco Exec's have no idea" are terribly useful. I used to read some of the european and US sites but got fed up with the cant. What's the point of that? :)

NimRod - that's extraordinarily kind of you but I couldn't possibly do that. I might (and knowing me.. would prolly) break it!

@Eno,

My point was (based on Ninco Digitals literature) is if it was intentional thats bad and if it wasnt intentional its bad management, either way its a stuff up and not my problem Eno. Its either Nincos problem or that of their customers.

Cheers.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

I'm just annoyed Auslotter.. there's two systems that let me run all my cars should I wish to do so.. two can't.

However I like to know what stuff can & can't do rather than a post a to whether or not we like the bosses of companys that are a pack of lying arse-holes..

..that's taken as read surely!!! :)

Edited by Eno the Wonderdog

However I like to know what stuff can & can't do . . . 

I am continuing to monitor this thread, but have been reluctant to even dare another post, given the emotional heat here.

Now here is a good point made by Eno though.

How about a 2 part comparitive. One part just to show a direct comparison of known features and limitations of each digital system, and a 2nd part which would be a running commentary of how well those features actually work.

It needs to be factual, based on first hand experience, so only users of each system on Auslot Forums should make contributions.

AussieSlotter sounds to be the most experienced on digital, so even while limiting his comments on preference and "part 2" stuff to SSD, he could easily with his extensive reading etc, draw up the step one chart at least in draft form. The chart could then be quoted and added to by users in serial fashion, so the last post is the lastest version of it.

This could become a REALLY useful tool for everyone.

Even comment like - "I know my SCX digital is limited to SCX cars and their digital track, but I like that we have x and y features and they work really well, and I like "abcde" about this feature, which makes my digital experience great because . . "

It would also be holding each makers product up to the cold hard light of day, and maybe their Australian agents could be made aware of the comment from here to pass back to their principals. After all, it is the user's demands who drive so much product improvement in all facets of technology.

Yeah, I know I am making a bunch of work for everyone else . . I'm generous like that. :):o:o:o

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

However I like to know what stuff can & can't do rather than a post a to whether or not we like the bosses of companys that are a pack of lying arse-holes..

@Eno, seems youre hell bent on covering your ass and love the political side of things, rather than slot car related posts. Seems slot car companies misleading slotters is ok by you. Also seems anyone warning their slot buddies about such problems is forbidden?

This is getting boring. And distracts from the issues. Fact is Ninco have been working on this for 5 years and have 2 years on SSD to blow it away, but they seemed to have missed quite a few opportunities, including the ability for Ninco digital cars to run on analogue tracks.

Maybe this thread should be left to those who actually make constructive posts directly regarding digital, so they can concentrate on the issues at hand.

Re Ninco bosses being arseholes they are your words, check my post, it states very clearly that Ninco stating on websites and brochures is incorrect, and therefore is false advertising, this is a fact. I was actually trying to cover Ninco by suggesting the executives simply dont know what they are actually selling to the public, therefore their slip up unintentional.

Aussieslotter.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

I am continuing to monitor this thread, but have been reluctant to even dare another post, given the emotional heat here.

It needs to be factual, based on first hand experience, so only users of each system on Auslot Forums should make contributions.

Slots,

I dont get emotional over slot cars, so post away. :)

Seems as if you two upset over simple FACTS like Ninco simply advertise their product as analogue compatible when it simply does not and you two want to make a page of posts protesting.

Im thinking a better solution would be if we had SCX, Carrera, Ninco and SSD in seperate sections, as well as a commom digital area. This would allow people to go straight to the information with reduced politics. Eno in my opinion you should have read the Ninco literature yourself then once armed with the facts, maybe actually apologised.

It needs to be factual, based on first hand experience, so only users of each system on Auslot Forums should make contributions. UNQUOTE

It would be so easy to agree with this however its a free forum for all, and guys who dont know a thing about digital and those who want to learn and those simply thinking about perhaps buying digital or another brand of digital should be able to read and post freely.

I already know quite a few faults and positives with Nincos new system, but coudnt be bothered now to post them. And for the "balance"yes there are faults with SSD, and yes I do think Ninco track and analogue products are A1. You two can have the last say on this, for me its finished, lets enjoy.

Aussie

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

How about a 2 part comparitive. One part just to show a direct comparison of known features and limitations of each digital system, and a 2nd part which would be a running commentary of how well those features actually work.

AussieSlotter sounds to be the most experienced on digital, so even while limiting his comments on preference and "part 2" stuff to SSD, he could easily with his extensive reading etc, draw up the step one chart at least in draft form. The chart could then be quoted and added to by users in serial fashion, so the last post is the lastest version of it.

This could become a REALLY useful tool for everyone.

Slots,

I dont get emotional over slot cars, so post away. :blink:

Seems as if you two upset over simple FACTS like Ninco simply advertise their product as analogue compatible when it simply does not and you two want to make a page of posts protesting.

Im thinking a better solution would be if we had SCX, Carrera, Ninco and SSD in seperate sections, as well as a commom digital area. This would allow people to go straight to the information with reduced politics. Eno in my opinion you should have read the Ninco literature yourself then once armed with the facts, maybe actually apologised.

It needs to be factual, based on first hand experience, so only users of each system on Auslot Forums should make contributions. UNQUOTE

It would be so easy to agree with this however its a free forum for all, and guys who dont know a thing about digital and those who want to learn and those simply thinking about perhaps buying digital or another brand of digital should be able to read and post freely.

I already know quite a few faults and positives with Nincos new system, but coudnt be bothered now to post them. And for the "balance"yes there are faults with SSD, and yes I do think Ninco track and analogue products are A1. You two can have the last say on this, for me its finished, lets enjoy.

Aussie

@Aussie, it is not my "heat" I have been observing, it is actually yours more than anyones. More so than Eno, or Nimrod or Florida or anyone else. You appear to "jump" on people and make very personal statements about them, simply because they expressed a view that doesn't agree with yours; leading to the exact sort of controversy you claim to not want here. In my initial post I even finished with a joke to try and make sure my post was taken nice and lightly, and would not cause offense or leave a sour taste for anyone.

I even gave you credit in my last post for your ability to contribute from your great breadth experience with digital, and proposed you a lead role in DOING something constructive - but you didn't make any response to my suggestion. You just took another swipe at me.

I make this clear - I am calling you to account for your own speech in here. I think you have spoken inappropriately in the way you have worded posts. I was unsure whether you were calling just Eno to apologise, or me as well - but I cannot see anything I have said for which I would need to apologise.

You on the other hand I think should be ashamed of the attitude showing through in your posts the past week - in my opinion, so let's have the moderators look at this thread and censure whoever they may.

If it is "finished for you", then that is a shame, because I just made a constructive suggestion that would benefit current and prospective users of all digital systems.

I have neither referred to quoted, or made any statement about the issue of what Ninco have stated in any literature - which literature I have never seen. Their website is confusing in it's use of english, and even as a person who does regular international business with a Barcelona based multi-national Industrials company, and is used to dealing with the rough translations of both Castillian and Catalans native speakers, I was unclear about what they were meaning.

You have however in the past few days said the following about me.

You assumed you knew exactly what posts and thread I might have in mind and made responses to those - I wasn't talking about those posts at all.

"Also one would have to question the validity of your post as its obviously anti SSD and pro Ninco" - In that you questioned my integrity, a harsh judgement to make about a person you do not know. Given that I said "price may send some buyers to SSD and if I had one, I wouldn't be moaning about it" your statement was factually incorrect. I did not criticise SSD in ANY way in my post, I merely pointed out that people should check for themselves.

Next you said "One would also be wary of such rash statements coming from a member who only joined ten minutes before making such a post."

Why do you question my right to post on a subject because I am new? and why did you claim I made "such rash statements" - What rash statements?

I merely pointed out that I had observed behaviour and statements elsewhere which were incorrect and that people should check things out for themselves.

Next you said "As for SCI, I would be concerned about a forum that deletes only certain posts then locks a thread, leaving the left posts distorted and out of context. This is a great forum, please dont bring your SCI debate here."

So you threw in some criticsom of another forum, and made the inference that I had "brought MY SCI debate here"

Golly, I never referred to SCI, I have never made any contribution to digital debate at SCI other than passing comment of a light nature and once saying in a thread that it was sad day when people were driven away by angry posts, and you made inference that I had somehow brought such debate here - another slight on my integrity.

Frankly, your "greetings" of a new person who made a post with nothing offensive in it at all - were apalling.

But you didn't stop there.

Tnen you took a swipe at Eno. And you say you "don't get emotional about slot cars" ROFLOL

"You must be drunk from New Years Eno.

If Ninco website and brochures state chipped Ninco cars can run on analogue, but it doesnt then yes that is false advertising.

Whats your idea of false advertising?

So what if a forum member here goes out and buys one based on such advertising, then finds when opening his new toy it in fact doesnt?,

will you take the blame?

You obviously think this is ok, and acceptable, well each to their own.

I try to keep each of posts informative or constructive.

Maybe you could look over your last 100 posts and see how many are actually constructive and how many are just waffle?

Anyway on an informative note try this:"

Then, last of all " @Eno, seems youre hell bent on covering your ass and love the political side of things, rather than slot car related posts. Seems slot car companies misleading slotters is ok by you. Also seems anyone warning their slot buddies about such problems is forbidden? "

You assume everyone else's state of mind, I saw Eno as being concillatory after his one "outburst of emotion" at you and Florida, - as I was after you made took that first swipe at me when I joined here.

As for trying to keep your posts constructive or informative. . . . Just my few quotes of you above would appear to contradict that.

So if this thread is finished for you - that's a shame, I thought maybe it could now go somewhere, but you seem to avoid the actual point of my last post in favour of accusing others of being bent out of shape.

Maybe you're right though "Maybe this thread should be left to those who actually make constructive posts directly regarding digital, so they can concentrate on the issues at hand."

I think fella that you are -- to reverse your own statement -- "Pro SSD and Anti N-Digital" . . . . .

I think it is you who need to make an apology.

Meanwhile, would some other user of one of the digital systems be interested in picking up my suggestion of making up a features & capabilities chart and a comment area, so that people can add their cumulative digital experience into a pool of common information.

Moderators - it's over to you, if you think I am out of line tell me, but after observing this thread for a week, I felt enough was enough.

- Maybe such a thing as I proposed needs to be started in a fresh thread so people don't have to read everythign said here.

Also, I think Aussie may have a very good idea about having separate digital areas for manufacturers, although it won't stop "bickering" completely, because I jhave abserved users of "other systems" - both SSD and N-Digital, going to the area of the other system users and making negative or nasty posts . . human nature . . sheesh!!!

SlotsNZ

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Add a new one to the list:

Ford V Holden (Cars)

AFL V NRL (Football)

Melbourne V Sydney (Cities)

Now we have NINCO V SSD (Digital Slot Cars)

I think its time for both sides of the debate take a cold shower and think about it clearly, who cares which brand you support, its all good for the hobby. We live in a small area and are lucky we get them released down here.

Lee

Add a new one to the list:

Ford V Holden (Cars)

AFL V NRL (Football)

Melbourne V Sydney (Cities)

Now we have NINCO V SSD (Digital Slot Cars)

I think its time for both sides of the debate take a cold shower and think about it clearly, who cares which brand you support, its all good for the hobby. We live in a small area and are lucky we get them released down here.

Lee

well said, clearly "what you know" is always right.

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

dammit enuff already!!!!

:blink:

Changing the subject.

Hey Brad, I want one of those Green Lowes Nascars. Have they been available in Slots?

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg