Sign in to follow this  
orangepicker

Exotic Cars

as we have voted to use exotic cars in our next series ,in 8 weeks time.

would you guys please give your opinion of what exotic car means to you.

in my opinion,they are the limited production sports cars,not the normal run of the mill everyday car like;

all ferrari road version cars

lamborghinis

maserati

de tomaso

please add on ,but we know that it also will be hard for us to search hardbody models of them.

Will have to go the the hobbie shop & have a look at some 1/24 scale models, my older son michael want to build a f50 ferrari 1/24 scale slot car with a TSFR chassic.

regards bo ;)

I am guessing Le Mans Prototypes are not in there. I would assume Porsche's such as the Tamiya 959 are allowed. I have noticed Honda NSX kits around but maybe you guys don't allow Japanese exotics.

Do you allow only road paint schemes in this class?

Using the same rules that Porsche themselves used at Le Mans, you could use a Porsche 962 or a GT1-98 kit. Both cars were homologated for road use, the 962 appearing as a Dauer. There is also one street-legal 917 in Germany.

For current cars, anything in Nations Cup might be allowed, so Dodge Vipers, even Mitsub Lancer EVO's should fit, the EVO's in particular as an example of price is not necessarily a factor to make it exotic.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

so is the ferrari F50 an exotic?? either way im gonna build 1 from a revell model soon, just gotta save up 100bucks for TSRF chassic

auslotforums.gif

An exotic car is very relative to mant trains of thought, however to come up with a guideline for acceptable cars to be run in an "Exotic Car" race, we're thinking of cars that were designed and built to be primarily road registerd, as opposed to be built specifically for racing.

eg, the Ford GT40 was built to win LeMans, so it would not be included as an exotic for our definition.

The Ferrari F50 is a tricky one. It was built for the road, based on Prost's 1990 641/2 F1 car. Technically it would qualify. Any thoughts from anyone.

As well as OP's picks, would you guys think these would class as Exotics?

Porsche - 911 GT3, Boxter S, Sportec 996 GT2 SP650

BMW - AC Schnitzer Z4 C30, ACS3 Sport, M1

Aston Martin - All Models

Lotus - All Models

Mercedes Benz - CLK-DTM, C111

Dodge Viper

McLaren F1 (Road car, not the open wheeler)

Bugatti EB110

Lister Storm

Jaguar XJ220

Shelby Series 1

Cobras AC289, and 427

:)

Can you add to the list?

;)

Steve K.

Assuming 1/24 here, as well as the ones mentioned above, a quick look at Hobbyco's Tamiya kit list shows a good list of candidates like Honda NSX, Hasegawa has a Lancia Stratos and others.

Over at Mundaring Hobby Centre, Italeri and Heller have good lists of supercars from Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo. Looks like you should be all set.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

You're right, 1/24 scale.

Honda NSX, sounds OK.

Lancia Stratos? While it is an exotic car, it was built/designed specifically for competition as a rally car. This means that it would not fit the guidelines for our purpose. (ref. www.stratossupersite.com/history)

We're after exotics that were built for sale to the public, to be road registered.

Thanks for your suggestions.

;)

Steve K.

I noticed Revell has a Ferrari designed by Piniforina as a show car. I am guessing this would be illegal as it was not designed for road. I think your rules are pretty easy to follow.

Maybe if anyone is thinking of doing a car they are unsure of they can post and ask.