Sign in to follow this  
sax0607

Digital Racing @ Sax's

Now, if only we could get Eno to try it out.

Goodness Freddy - you make me sound like one of those luddite stuck in the 'sensational' sixtes type characters! :D

Just 'cause I want to use the sensational old scaley bits I have 'cause it's what I dreamt of when I was six doesn't make me a luddite.. does it?? :P Pretty sure it can't - I wasn't six until 1971! :blink:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

I think I was lucky not to be given a timeout!

And you know Brett's idea of 5 minutes! 

Yeah, you wouldn't wanna get him to boil you an egg, would ya?

I just figured that you three were creating enough carnage, when he see's other people smashing the cars up he thinks it's ok to join in the fun, so Daniel didn't need to be there helping you, i wont let him do it at home, or anywhere else, especially when their not his cars.

But glad everyone had fun.

Well my little brother wants to get a track for his kids for christmas. I suggested not to go SCX 'cause he's keen on getting V8's so they'll recognise the cars. He asked about Digital and I pointed him at the vids.. :o

..he's going digital if I can explain to his wife why he needs it! :D

Thanks to Steve and Sax for dropping me in it as usual! :lol::lol::lol:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Eno ,

if he is going Scalextric digital make sure he buy's a set that has the 1.5 version powerbase , this is a must , all new stock will have this.

if he has any bugs or issues with it I am more than happy to assist !

pm me if you require any further info.

even better when all is settled at home come and have a run and experiece SSD for your self

May have another small after Geds on the 16/12/06 I will confirm it later in the week

sax

Steve was claiming today that he's coming here in 2 weekend's time.. I think he's counting this weekend as one of them so he might be coming to play at Ged's too yet.. that'll be a shock!!

How do you know which version of the powerbase you are getting?? is it on the box??

I'm starting to scarily think about it too..

Oh - forgot to say I'll be telling him later.. should get him to sign up actually.. :D

Edited by Eno the Wonderdog

their is 2 ways to tell which version it is ,

before purchase,

each set is marked with a manufacture date showing week and year , something like 17/06 , meaning it was made the 17th week of 2006 , hopefully almost all old stock is gone , don't but anything stamped before 40/05 to be safe . anything from 2006 will fine. newer the better

after purchase ,

connect up powerbase , turn it on and the version number flashes up on the LCD screen.

If by any chance you get an early version say a 1.2v , 1.3v or 1.4v (all have differing issues) scalextric have been replacing them for free , its just really hard to do from part of the world ,not to mention time consuming

hope this helps some

sax

6 car powerbase gives you lap times and 5 or 6 different race modes and the option to use a second power supply for more grunt , needed for when running 3 or more cars.

slightly complicated to I.D cars , but nothing a 6 year old wouldn't be able to handle after 10 mins of use

4 car powerbase not availiable here just yet , due to arrive with next shipment into Australia , although I did have one in my possesion early this week , but sent it back to the U.k as it was not what I ordered . these are really basic units , NO lap time and NO race modes , 1 button to I.D a car and are made for the mass market of beginners and christmas purchases

Get the 6 car powerbase while you can in a set , as it looks like all new sets will contain the 4 car powerbase and you will have to fork out extra $$ to up grade later.

the 6 car powerbase is being made as a seperate item available for purchase on its own , up until now you could only buy powerbases from a certain U.K on line shop ,that breaks up new sets .To please the digital freaks like me.

I think I have about 10 of them now good ,bad and ugly , thats what happens when you experiment

sax

So if I send Steve shopping now he wont get stuck with a little one.. :)

..hey you know what's funny - he reckon's he ain't gonna get 'caught up'.. and yet he spent 3 hours in here today! :lol::lol::lol:

I would say very little chance of getting the 4 car powerbase with any set before mid jan 07,

but as espsix has expressed it maybe tough to get anything digital , they are hot items at the moment.

sax

p.s I know where their is a couple of digital sets available ,but they are real old stock and I would not bless them on any one.

So is the 'Lane Change Challenge' the set he's looking for? Emailed him but don't know when he'll check the thing. Don't know if he's an internet tragic like me! :lol:

The fun bit os going to be explaining it to Wen when I find I need to go digital. At least I'll be able to tie in my SCX track I guess.. :lol:

Its probably the perfect choice for you Eno , what with 2 boys already into it and another about to be , you can all race on a 2 lane track at the same time , sure beats telling them to wait their turn.

sax

hehehehe :lol: you know what will happen though...hahahaha :lol:

Eno will buy it and never use it!!!! hahahahahaha :):lol::lol:

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Armchair Racer has them, I bought two last week just for spares.

Apparently a big shipment came in for Xmas so they should be in Melb and Adel too.

Cheers

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

thanks Rck ,

I'll get a couple more and do the triple powerbase mod , on the bench !!

shipment must have arrived early.so new sets will be 4 car powerbase.

In melbourne ?

none of the shops keep these sort of things in stock down here , they usually take orders and you have to wait a week or 2, so its easier to get it directly from sydney and have it the next day.

sax

I'll get a couple more and do the triple powerbase mod , on the bench !!

Que?? :lol:

here's a shot of the double powerbase mod with a third spare sitting on the track.

this allows for alot more avilable power when running 4-6 cars , giving you little or no interaction between cars when deslots occur

dcp8513ah7.jpg

sax

Discount ?????

Edited by sax0607

How do they not over-ride one another? :lol:

How does this differ to tying in other power outlettly things? :lol:

erm.. they are small voltage AC aren't they? :lol:

discount.

discount?

Any member of scalextric Club of Aust gets a discount, costs about $45 a yr to join.

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com