Digital Racing @ Sax's

sax0607

On saturday after racing at Geds , some of the gents decided to have a play with digital at my place ,part 1 of the video has 3 cars running (jgtc) , gref ,Moe and sax,

this open to any discussion , as weather you liked , disliked, hated or loved it , as well your thoughts on the type of racing that would be appropriate.

watch the blue and white car pick its way past the other 2 , thats me while I was distracted talking to espsix , but to be fair the other 2 gents had only been racing digi for an hour.

sax

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

layout is good, has a nice fast flow, but 3 (I think?) corners where you gotta be on the ball (and think to change) as you gotta slow down and choose your drive line and think where it's gonna take you. Was a lot bigger than I expected and the work you have put into all the "unseen" stuff like controllers, under track electronics, winch system etc is awesome!

had fun!

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Ok - I'm thoroughly curious now..

How many cars can you run?

Were those Group C Slot It cars?

What do you have for lap counters / timers??

Sax said he can run 6, but until he builds his new powerbase thingy 4 is more stable?

computer timing with a guage that shows each drivers throttle percentage! Very hard to watch while driving, but would be great to watch while marshalling/spectating :unsure:

They were JGTC's

It confusing Eno, you got your normal throttle trigger, then on top of the controller you have 2 buttons, 1 for brakes, the other for lane change. Matt modified his own Parma's!

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Eno ,

you get the choice of 4 braking options

1 normal trigger operation

2 button only

3 button and/or trigger

4 none

the brakes are deadly and stop you dead in about 3 inches (scalextric didn't allow it to be adjustable)

we normally set it up for button brakes only ,as you can lap much faster using the coasting method ( if you don't know what I mean, I have not used brakes @ Geds yet :unsure: ) and still use the button for emergency/ pitstop stops.

sax

Edited by sax0607

Eno ,

you get the choice of 4 braking options

1 normal trigger operation

2 button only

3 button and/or trigger

4 none

the brakes are deadly and stop you dead in about 3 inches (scalextric didn't allow it to be adjustable)

we normally set it up for button brakes only ,as you can lap much faster using the coasting method ( if you don't know what I mean, I have not used brakes @ Geds yet :o ) and still use the button for emergency/ pitstop stops.

sax

I reckon it looks awesome - nice big track!

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

The soft ware does allow refuelling ,no laps counted until you refuel , need to pushlane change and brake button together , and the only place you can do that with out causing a major incident is in the pits.

here's part 2 of the video ,

4 cars, sax,espsix , gref and Moe, more video to come

sax

@ eno ,

sorry missed these questions

how many cars ?

6 max ,

have double power base mod so hardly any car interaction ,

cars run fast and consistant @13.8v as seen in video's

I will eliminate all interaction soon (tripple powerbases), as I just ordered a couple more powerbases (shhhh don't tell aussieslotter)

lap timing / pitstops ?

all handled through a shareware program (some small bugs) thanks to rubeno @ slotforum , the touchscreen computer monitor is mounted on the wall so all drivers can see lap times etc

sector timing is in place but having a few issues (need to sit down and sort it out), thanks to rubeno and riko @slotforum

Would have loved to have gotten there Matt, (thanks for the invite), but niece's Bday party just didn't allow me to sneak away!

I'm sure that gref would've left in awe as I did the first time I saw it.

You've done an awesome job with it and I'm sure everyone who's seen it will agree.

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Dick ,

sorry you missed it ,

another person or 2 would have topped it off ,

I will try and arrange a Saturday afternoon/ evening for sometime soon , and invite all the auslot members around for a run ,

in the mean time you might be able to get a run next week , have a chat to espsix , i think he is arranging something with Freddy ?

or PM me and we can arrange another time

sax

Hey Sax,

Had 3 text messages by 7.10 pm tonight, something about you buying a lot of powerbases? =) Looks like you had a good weekend=)

Re segment timing, Im working with Guy from PCLapcounter starting from scratch re pit stops, re fuelling, individual pit bay detection, drive thru or stop/go penalties, penalty implementation, phidget implentation and compatibility, should be the complete deal, also have a way of implementing this to analogue tracks. etc

Nice video, love the pit set up and entry lane, what laps times you doing?

With braking I use "both" mode. Just standard I guess.

Cheers.

Edited by aussieslotter

3 stooges, 2 apologists and 1 deep endless mess.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Hey aussieslotter ,

already bought a phidget , but I am no program writer .so I look forward to the software you are working on,

lap times

well scalextric JGTC's on average run about 7.0's , but I got a freak one that runs 6.458 (lap record)

V8's average about 8.0 a good car/driver 7.7s

slot .it nissan r390 6.9 s

average lane length is 30.3 meters

pit lane with entry and exit is about 7 meters

as far as powerbases go ,just needed a few spares !! (I think the UK has a shortage of them now ) you know how it is...........

just really enjoying this thing now,

sax

A phidget is a device that allows your computer to connect and control real world devices , such as relays, opto sensors ,solenoids. with the right programming you can receive info, process it , and use it to switch or control something else .

very handy for lap timing, pitstops, car identification , track lighting

lots of good stuff.

sax

Hey Sax,

Yup totally useless without programming unfortuneately. Did it come with some preset programs?

Also working on a replacement board for LC's with 4 added functions and extra optos. Huge job. Do you think there would eventually be a market for these Sax? Will power all flippers, anti collision, optional default line, resets flippers guaranteed.

Did you get your phiget from Canada and can I ask how much after postage and exchange rates, which one did you get?

Rick

3 stooges, 2 apologists and 1 deep endless mess.

www.scorpiuswireless.com