Happy Birthday Freddy!

Freddy

Yeah congrats young fella.

Remember, you'll still be in your prime when all the other viccy socialites are being pushed round in wheelchairs with their hands too shakey to hold a control.

Maybe they're all secretly putting money into a pot to buy you a half dozen RACER FERRARIS. - I think they heard me.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy birthday Freddy!!!

I'm with Vinno - stick with the slot cars - they're far cheaper than girls (and you can play with 'em whenever you want :P )

However, i AM available to assist with those chocolate covered girls - IF you need the help - i'm doubting that!!!! :rolleyes:

Have fun mate.

And remember - too many slot cars is never enough!

Numbers

Not much point reading this bit.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I had the delight of unwrapping a brand new Ninco Porsche 997 Burgfonds (the red one) and Fly March 761 No.9 (the red one again). I plan to try them out on the weekend when I get the home track out as well as visiting Ged's.

More slotcars to come very soon. Just need to "acquire" them first. :P

And if I'm not playing with my cars then I've got a whole new stack of books to read. :rolleyes:;)

Cheers,

Frederick

Happy birthday Freddy but you must be getting old, you still haven't updated your signature!

On a slightly different tack, how old were you when you discovered slot cars? My kids aren't that interested but I'm hoping they change as they get older.

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

The signature is updated now!

I first got into slotcars in 2003 or 2004 (I can't remember) when Tobias gave us his track because he had to go overseas and couldn't take it with him. It wasn't until 2005 that I started collecting cars of my own. I would have been thirteen at the time. Ever since then I've been buying new cars every few months and adding to my collection. I have a range of cars from manufacturers like Ninco, Fly, SCX, Scalextric, Revell, Slot.It and Vanquish MG. F1 seems to be my main interest as I have six F1 cars form various years. I also seem to have a fetish for red cars as I have nine in my collection.

Good luck with getting your kids involved. If they have the right motivation then they should become avid collectors in the years to come.

Edited by Freddy

Cheers,

Frederick

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...