Caravan Racing

DAVENIC

Do those things work Davenic, and if so, where did you get them from please?

Not for racing but maybe to carry one of those little cameras around all inside nice and safe, a little weight down low to keep it somewhat stable.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Speaking Of Caravan Racing, we recently had our end of season presentation/fun night, and what did we race? Thats rights caravans!

here are some pictures of our 27 entries.

The entire field

vansfront.jpg

vansback.jpg

getting ready to race

startlinevans.jpg

Looks Like something in the kitchen caught fire! :D:o:D

flamingvan.jpg

The vans were constructed from 2.5mm balsa wood and held together with hot glue or aquadhere, the wheels are hard plastic from various toys or rubber slot car tyres coated in super glue to make them slide. The axle carriers were made from a chupa chup stick glued to the floor of the van. The idea was to try and smash your opponents van while completing as many laps as possible within 2 minutes.

I agree, that looks unreal.

Who ended up winning ?

Did anyones van get thru unscathed ?

Was it a crash and burn style race or did your van have to be wrecked to be out of the race ?

Great pics and a top idea.

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

Thanks Guys, and it was a lot of fun.

The Format was 2 minute sprint races and the object was to smash your opponents van but the emphasis was on fun. We have more events like this planned for the future. If anyone would like the specs on building the vans, just email me.

The van that won was the black van with a skull on the back, towed by a Tide Nascar.

I'm surprised at the effort everyone put into those caravans knowing full well that 20+ people would be trying to demolish it.

Next year a dunny derby with Aus V8'. Good to see people not taking things too seriously.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't