Track Progress... Been A While

schuey19

Great idea with the booms schuey!!!

Thanks knoath. Have kind of pinched the idea from someone, can't remember who but they had a similar concept for street lights though they used RCA connectors.

Anyway, here they are installed. Just need to wire them up underneath now, will run them off the same power as the light gantry.

DSCF8783.jpg

As I said, there will be a strip of foam edging along the back so the connections will be hidden.

DSCF8785.jpg

DSCF8786.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well got off my behind and did some more scenery. I now have an area of no more than four playing cards worth to screen and plaster. The remainder is just colour, grass, a gravel trap and signs.

And my PC issue still to be rectified to allow fuel useage...

DSCF8978.jpg

Last corner leading onto straight will have gravel trap on outside.

DSCF8979.jpg

• 1 month later...

Almost finished scenery... sort of. I had something in mind for a tear drop shaped area of grass, and last night I started it and not long ago I finished it, and as I'm really pleased with how it turned out, I just have to show.

DSCF9064.jpg

DSCF9065.jpg

I had the camera out so took some new overall shots.

DSCF9073.jpg

DSCF9076.jpg

Reverse angle

DSCF9077.jpg

There really isn't much left now.

Edited by schuey19

Looking really good, how did you do the Bridgestone symbol? Did you paint the grass?

Looks like a super fast and pretty well flowing track schuey.

Thanks Manic.

Made a stencil using a sheet of cardboard. Cut the square and painted the white. Using the cut out square piece, cut out the B. The square piece sat over the white square, and that was it! As I knew this is what I was going to do, when I put the grass down, I only used fine grade, and the PVA water mix was PVA heavy.

Looking good Michael. Any news on the timing front?

Regards

John

No John, no progress on the PC issue. I'm thinking it has to be the PCI card or PC. Definitely not the wiring as they both work when connected to LPT1. Will get the printer off you next week at Gazza's if you're there.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick scenery update. Finished the signage in the pits.

DSCF9113.jpg

DSCF9112.jpg

DSCF9115.jpg

A bit of grassage and signs still to go.

Edited by schuey19

Looking forward to driving through these pits on the 23rd Mick. Looking great

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Looking forward to driving through these pits on the 23rd Mick. Looking great

Thanks Mel. At this stage you will be driving through to serve penalties only, as the refuel still won't work for me. :P

Looking good. What program are you using for fuel?

Thanks Rick. Using UR3.0, though I can't get LPT2 or LPT3 or COM1 to work. 3 diff PC's two diff PCI cards absolutely stumped...

Just for Joe...

Made a breakout box on the side of the drivers panel for the pit changers. One of our members is in a wheel chair so sits at the end away from the drivers panel. Instead of relying on someone to activate the changers (as he's always winning, no doubt they would have no end of finger trouble and he'd run out of fuel!), just have to plug in the switch lead and away he goes. And if I make two more switch leads, they could be used by a chief steward to issue drive throughs!

Wife has the camera down sth coast, so crappy pics from phone.

13042010.jpg

13042010001.jpg

10 days to go before first post extension meet, and still sorting sensor issues. That is my focus from now, everything else is running fine.

• 1 year later...

Work has now finally finished!! The last lot of scenery was done over the long weekend, and then I hosted rnd 4 of our Friday night series. A couple of pics of the finished scenery.

SAM_3250.jpg

SAM_3249.jpg

SAM_3248.jpg

And a clip of Daytona Prototype racing with fuel stops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNhw8iszE9U

Am moving to Wagga Wagga in September, and will be taking it with me. Hope to meet some guys down there. Ontheflipside has told me of group that have regular get togethers, so I need to pull my finger out and get in contact with them.

Michael

Edited by schuey19

• 1 month later...

My track is now on Luf's Oldslotracer website!

Schuey's track on Archer website

The three bods visible are from left Jimmi, Mario (FPV GTP) and Kai (Mohawkk).

Edited by schuey19

• 4 weeks later...

Changes are afoot at Emu Plains Raceway. August will see me host its final round, before some subtle signage changes and a new name for a new owner. I will re do the driver panels and control connectors in line with commercial setups. I plan to have the control panels done by the August round. When we move in September, I won't have the space for a track so might be dipping out of slots for a while, though will keep my cars as there is a couple of groups in the Wagga region where I might pop in now and then.

Edited by schuey19

• 2 weeks later...

First changes are done. Have remade the Ford corner to a Holden one, and also re did turn one.

SAM_3756.jpg

SAM_3762.jpg

Tonight I am making a start on rebuilding the drivers panels. Was going to do 240v type plugs, but instead opted for 6.5mm stereo jack setup.

First control box is done. I should have done this a long time ago, they are so much neater! It was on the short list of things to do, but it was one of those 'one day, the current setup is fine for now' deals. Oh well, the next one I suppose!

SAM_3773.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see it all finished Schuey

These were all projects that I had on the list of things to do in the future, but brought them forward for the new owner. I even repainted inside the slots.

Here's the final pic of it in my garage all split waiting to be picked up

SAM_3778.jpg

SAM_3781.jpg

As soon as it goes, I will buying my next hobby, RC elec planes. Have all the gear sitting in the 'cart' on two websites ready to purchase! Those 5 acres in Junee are waiting. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

All gone :o . Planes are on the way too! Sitting at the new owners place for a week now, and in that week it has had more use than it had from April till now while it was here (April was the last meeting here).

It was a fantastic looking track, will you be building again sometime soon or are the RC planes enough for the the moment?

My father was heavily into the RC plane scene when I was a young lad but that was way before the likes of LiPo powered machines. Pretty amazing what they can do with those things now days. It was unheard of back then really to have a decent battery powered plane, way too heavy.

In any case, enjoyment is the key. Whether it be vehicle or aircraft. :D

It was a fantastic looking track, will you be building again sometime soon or are the RC planes enough for the the moment?

My father was heavily into the RC plane scene when I was a young lad but that was way before the likes of LiPo powered machines. Pretty amazing what they can do with those things now days. It was unheard of back then really to have a decent battery powered plane, way too heavy.

In any case, enjoyment is the key. Whether it be vehicle or aircraft. :D

Thanks. Don't see myself building again for some time. The house we're going to only has a single garage, so it will be a workshop/storage. In time maybe, but for now the planes will do.

• 7 months later...