gazza

Xmas Time

HowToBeMeanToKids_1.jpg

That's me 6 years ago - the day following after I had sent a letter to Santa asking for a Ken & Barbie doll set and mum said "too late they are divorced" but I thought Santa might still have some. Now no chance!

Dad bought me a slot car set instead - now I'm almost divorced :D

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Christmas Kangaroo

Our Santa is till like the Xmas Kangaroo

cid_007701c71fdb47367a80cc338490joh.gif

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

TO: All Employees

DATE: November 16

RE: Christmas Party

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 14, starting at 6.00 pm in the dining area of the Kingston Hotel. There will be a cash bar and plenty of drinks! We'll have a small band playing traditional carols...feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our CEO or National Manager shows up dressed as Santa Claus!

A Christmas tree will be lit at 8:00pm. Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time, however, no gift should be over $10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets.

This gathering is only for employees! A special announcement will be made by our CEO at that time!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Ian.

DATE: November 17

RE: Holiday Party

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important holiday, which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on we're calling it our "Holiday Party."

The same policy applies to any other employees who are not Christians or those still celebrating Reconciliation Day.

There will be no Christmas tree present.

No Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music for your enjoyment.

Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Ian.

DATE: November 18

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table ... you didn't sign your name. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only"; you wouldn't be anonymous anymore.

How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody?

Forget about the gifts exchange, no gifts exchange are allowed since the union members feel that $10.00 is too much money and Account Managers believe $10.00 is a little chintzy. NO GIFTS EXCHANGE

WILL BE ALLOWED.

To: All Employees

DATE: November 19

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 12 begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously,

we can appreciate how a dinner at this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps the Kingo can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party- or else package everything for you to take it home in little foil doggy baggy. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Weight Watchers to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and

pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms.

Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with Gay men, each will have their own table. Yes, there will be flower arrangement for the Gay men's table.

To the person asking permission to cross dress, no cross dressing allowed though.

We will have booster seats for short people. Low-fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food we suggest for those people with high blood pressure to taste first. There will be fresh fruits as dessert for Diabetics, the restaurant cannot supply "No Sugar" desserts. Sorry!

Did I miss anything?!?!?

Ian.

TO: All #%&$ing Employees

DATE: November 20

RE: The #$%*!@% Holiday Party

Vegetarians?!?!?!? I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at the Kingo whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your #$%^&*! salad bar, including organic tomatoes. But you know, tomatoes have feelings, too. They scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right NOW! I

hope you all have a rotten holiday! Drive drunk and die, you hear me!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!! The *@!$%@^ from HELL!!!!!!!!

DATE: November 20

RE: Ian Buick and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Ian a speedy recovery and I'll continue to forward your cards to him. In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and give everyone the afternoon of the 22nd December off with full pay.

Happy Holidays!

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Hey Gazza, is that Ian Buick one genuine or did someone make that up??????? ;):unsure::unsure:

Stu

Old racers race harder

And I thought Ramadan was in October?

Just checked Wikipedia and I am indeed correct. It starts on the 23rd or 24th of September (depending on where you live) and finishes on the 22nd or 23rd of October.

Apart from that it was still a great little story. It really shows how we take these things so seriously. There's multiculturalism and then there's just stupid.

Edited by Freddy

Cheers,

Frederick

Freddy - to quote Mr Alan Jones (radio 2GB Sydney) 3AW melb i think... in Australia there is no Multiculturalism, its MONCULTURE, MULTIRACIAL.... thats just P.C. (political correctness) gone to the dump

That time of year again!!

You would have to go and spoil my Sunday B)

With only 2 weeks to go - i would like to take this opportunity to wish everybody a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a SAFE NEW YEAR. Im going to be busy at work for the next 3 weeks so i am getting in early. In the hope that the BIG RED JOLLY MAN brings you all your slot related pressies.

clippingaj7.jpg

Have a safe holiday and remember what xmas is all about ? However you celebrate it, enjoy the time with your families.

DONT DRINK & DRIVE (slotcars) :o Seriously - i dont want to lay claim to your collections :o

BRENDAN

LAVENLAAR

With only 2 weeks to go - i would like to take this opportunity to wish everybody a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a SAFE NEW YEAR. Im going to be busy at work for the next 3 weeks so i am getting in early. In the hope that the BIG RED JOLLY MAN brings you all your slot related pressies.

clippingaj7.jpg

Have a safe holiday and remember what xmas is all about ? However you celebrate it, enjoy the time with your families.

DONT DRINK & DRIVE (slotcars) ;) Seriously - i dont want to lay claim to your collections :(

BRENDAN

LAVENLAAR

About the Exchange

Francis P. Church’s editorial, “Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus†was an immediate sensation, and went on to became one of the most famous editorials ever written. It first appeared in the The New York Sun in 1897, almost a hundred years ago, and was reprinted annually until 1949 when the paper went out of business.

Thirty-six years after her letter was printed, Virginia O’Hanlon recalled the events that prompted her letter:

“Quite naturally I believed in Santa Claus, for he had never disappointed me. But when less fortunate little boys and girls said there wasn’t any Santa Claus, I was filled with doubts. I asked my father, and he was a little evasive on the subject.

“It was a habit in our family that whenever any doubts came up as to how to pronounce a word or some question of historical fact was in doubt, we wrote to the Question and Answer column in The Sun. Father would always say, ‘If you see it in the The Sun, it’s so,’ and that settled the matter.

“ ‘Well, I’m just going to write The Sun and find out the real truth,’ I said to father.

“He said, ‘Go ahead, Virginia. I’m sure The Sun will give you the right answer, as it always does.’ â€Â

And so Virginia sat down and wrote her parents’ favorite newspaper.

Her letter found its way into the hands of a veteran editor, Francis P. Church. Son of a Baptist minister, Church had covered the Civil War for The New York Times and had worked on the The New York Sun for 20 years, more recently as an anonymous editorial writer. Church, a sardonic man, had for his personal motto, “Endeavour to clear your mind of cant.†When controversal subjects had to be tackled on the editorial page, especially those dealing with theology, the assignments were usually given to Church.

Now, he had in his hands a little girl’s letter on a most controversial matter, and he was burdened with the responsibility of answering it.

“Is there a Santa Claus?†the childish scrawl in the letter asked. At once, Church knew that there was no avoiding the question. He must answer, and he must answer truthfully. And so he turned to his desk, and he began his reply which was to become one of the most memorable editorials in newspaper history.

Church married shortly after the editorial appeared. He died in April, 1906, leaving no children.

Virginia O’Hanlon went on to graduate from Hunter College with a Bachelor of Arts degree at age 21. The following year she received her Master’s from Columbia, and in 1912 she began teaching in the New York City school system, later becoming a principal. After 47 years, she retired as an educator. Throughout her life she received a steady stream of mail about her Santa Claus letter, and to each reply she attached an attractive printed copy of the Church editorial. Virginia O’Hanlon Douglas died on May 13, 1971, at the age of 81, in a nursing home in Valatie, N.Y.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Once again wishing you ALL A SAFE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Thank you all for your support this year, you are all a great bunch of maniacs :lol:

BEST WISHES

BRENDAN , NIKKI , CHRISTIAAN & ASHLEIGH-ROSE

Happy Christmas folks, It's Ten PM & I don't think I'm going to be allowed to go to sleep tonight - I'm still pootling about doing stuff.

Can't wait for the looks on the little faces (MTWD included) when the goodies come out.. I've gone Aussie and done Seafood this year.. it's gonna be brilliant!

Viva la Slotty-cars!! :mosh:

Following Lav's example..

Best wishes for all from

David, Wendy, Christopher, Luke and Richard.

Edited by Eno the Wonderdog

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.