Sign in to follow this  
Freddy

Racing At Ged's On The 21st Or 28th Of October

Guys I'm up for it, pity can't bring the young bloke though, he was pretty keen.

As for no beginners, I'll do my best job of bluffing my way through, hows that sound?

John.

No Malice intended with this post but

How come the people in Sydney can get such good events going and we can't? When someone from Sydney offers a race day/night there's always tons of interest. With us Vics we only get very few interested. What are we doing wrong?

Firstly i think

He strongly recommends advanced to experienced drivers and not beginners. He says between 6-8 people is a good amount.

That comment in it,s self is enough to create self doubt in one,s self . And most people would say it,s only for 6-8 people so i will leave it for the experts and stay home .

And secondary to that, is it sounds like the most important part even thou mentioned has been forgotten

Most importantly have fun. It should turn out great.

In Sydney it,s always come one come all everyone welcome, bring a gas mask etc etc etc .

Just a thought to ponder

PS i just wish we had the option in the northern part of tassie :lol: Cheers

Peter

PPPS i find it suprising thou because a bit over 12months ago Ged invited me over for a tue,s racenight and even offered me a bed for the nite.now thats hospitality and the couple of vic members i met in melboune early this year are top blokes . i guess it is just a matter of how one words thing . i hope like hell i have worded all this right because i have no intention of hurting any bodys feelings in anyway what so ever if i have let me know any a public apology will be written .

Edited by Slider

No Malice intended with this post but

How come the people in Sydney can get such good events going and we can't? When someone from Sydney offers a race day/night there's always tons of interest. With us Vics we only get very few interested. What are we doing wrong?

Firstly i think

He strongly recommends advanced to experienced drivers and not beginners. He says between 6-8 people is a good amount.

That comment in it,s self is enough to create self doubt in one,s self . And most people would say it,s only for 6-8 people so i will leave it for the experts and stay home .

And secondary to that, is it sounds like the most important part even thou mentioned has been forgotten

Most importantly have fun. It should turn out great.

In Sydney it,s always come one come all everyone welcome, bring a gas mask etc etc etc .

Just a thought to ponder

PS i just wish we had the option in the northern part of tassie :lol: Cheers

Peter

I can see where you're coming from. It should be fun, not dictated fun? I bet Ged will make a few $ outta this also. Track time, plus extras we will more than likely buy. I know it's a perfect opportunity for me to sneak a car or 3 back in past the Mrs.

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

I see your point Slider. The event is meant to be fun and not a chore. I think once we get a few of these silly details sorted out we'll be able to relax a bit and enjoy ourselves.

Cheers,

Frederick

damn - I'm not going to be able ot do any extra-curricular buying.. bought myself a ProSlot Toyota GT1 yesterday.. thought I'd snuck it in until Luke charged off upstairs to show it off! :lol:

Freddy I think it's 'cause they were already organised as a group then decided to start a forum where we're sorta trying to start a new occasional group from scratch.

he he - I'm hoping to sneak under the "beginner's" radar myself John.. I'm nothing if not enthusiastic.. just not very good - ask Gref! :lol:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

I see your point Slider. The event is meant to be fun and not a chore. I think once we get a few of these silly details sorted out we'll be able to relax a bit and enjoy ourselves.

Spot on Freddy

Freddy I think it's 'cause they were already organised as a group then decided to start a forum where we're sorta trying to start a new occasional group from scratch.

Yes Eno that about covers it :lol: Cheers Slider

Hey Slider - i got to watch that cd you sent me - absolutely awesome. Norm Beechie's speed shop sign in Coburg was still there when I lived there a few years ago! :lol:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Good point Eno. The Sydney members sort of had a racing group before this forum was founded. Maybe we should create our own. I know that Ged has one but many of the members who race their aren't members of Auslot.

Cheers,

Frederick

I agree with Slider, there are too many conditions to meet.

I'm in Melbourne next weekend and had planned to drop over, but as the post got longer and conditions added I've planned other things.

Lee

Just bring some cars & race anyway Lee. I'm not a big fan of difficult rules.

I'm bringing box stock ugly cars.. ok nearly completely stock.. the V8 has had quite some money thrown at it hasn't it Gref!! What was it - 90 cents blue tacked into the base?? :D

Were racing for fun - not sheep stations! :lol:

gotta be good - PAH!! :lol:

As mentioned earlier I wanted the rules to be simple. Most of the rules/conditions mentioned earlier in the thread were made by Ged and we have to go by them. Remember Ged wants to know who you are so if you could please ring him and tell him or send me a PM with your name so I can tell him myself that would be most appreciated.

Edited by Freddy

Cheers,

Frederick

Maybe we can have our next social race at a member's track so that we can keep the rules and conditions really simple.

Cheers,

Frederick

Maybe we can have our next social race at a member's track so that we can keep the rules and conditions really simple.

yall should jump in with Eno n come up here, I gotta fix controllers, but if I had notice, that could be done :lol:

regards

Shane

Can Eno's car really hold over 6 people though? Might be a bit squashy! :lol:

Edited by Freddy

Cheers,

Frederick

I just gotta sort out these bloody Parma's, had nothing but bloody trouble with 2 of them, wires breaking, no brakes on one. Might just have to retire them and buy a turbo job :lol:

regards

Shane

If you want to compare Sydney to Melbourne's race scene I think the difference is in Sydney we just let our cars do the talking but in Melbourne maybe there is too much hot air. They probably need it cause the weather isn't much good.

LOL... No offence intended, but I'm sure some will be taken.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

.. in Sydney we just let our cars do the talking but in Melbourne maybe there is too much hot air..

NOpe - Melbourne is beautiful and nobody farts nor nuffin that's going to add to global warming not like you Sydneyites..

Of course - were we to be asked an opinion on summink... :huh::lol:

Edited by Eno the Wonderdog

Perhaps that was just a fluke itelectrical. I don't normally respond that quickly unless it's a big discussion or a popular thread.

Cheers,

Frederick

Sorry Freddy, but to many changes will have to be made to my out of the box cars to race at GED's, (adding weight to a car makes them totally different to drive, not something i want to do on a track i've never been on, while i'm trying to race people who have had months to sort there cars) plus i'm a beginner.

I think you might find the same goes for sax0607.

(he'll let you know if i'm wrong)