Sign in to follow this  
Freddy

Racing At Ged's On The 21st Or 28th Of October

For all the members in Vic who are interested, I am organising a social session with Ged on the 21st or 28th of October. Here are the details:

Racing will be between 2pm and 4:30 pm.

Cars must be stock. No tyre changes, no grip added to tyres, no silicons, braids must be dry/clean, no magnet, weight may be added but not removed and no motor changes.

Racing will cost $8.

We will be running V8 Supercars (or Jap GT, DTM, GT1 and Nascar is you don't have one) and 60's Le Mans (or other similar races like Spa or Targa Florio if you don't have any).

The races will be a mixture of 10 laps and 1 minute enduro and will be crash 'n' burn. In total there will be 4 seperate events, 2 per class.

Ged is also interested to know who you guys are and if he's met you or not so if you could please tell me your name and surname within this post or PM. He also needs to know the number of people who are coming. He strongly recommends advanced to experienced drivers and not beginners. He says between 6-8 people is a good amount.

His timing system will be used.

The date will be confirmed later this week.

If you can come please do. First in best dressed.

Most importantly have fun. It should turn out great.

Cheers,

Frederick

Nah, Ged said I could come seeing as I organised this. I'm getting better at the track though. I'm crashing less often then I used to and getting better lap times.

Cheers,

Frederick

..can't come.. I'm a beginner!

I'd prefer the second weekend as I have busy plans this weekend.. :P

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

hey Gref - tell her we'rw all going to descend on you house at one time...

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

He strongly recommends advanced to experienced drivers and not beginners. He says between 6-8 people is a good amount.

Well I guess that counts me out Freddy, :o haven't raced seriously for a long time.

Cars must be stock. No tyre changes, no grip added to tyres, no silicons, braids must be dry/clean, no magnet, weight may be added but not removed and no motor changes.

Seems to be a lot of fuss for a "social" race. <_<

John.

Well I guess that counts me out Freddy, ;) haven't raced seriously for a long time.

Seems to be a lot of fuss for a "social" race. <_<

John.

Come along anyway ;)

Does seem like a lot of fuss :o

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

I think they call that a contradiction Freddy, for it to be stock, i would say it should have it's magnet in place, and NO added weight.

I'm just going by what Ged told me. He has a few rules. If the racing is too much of a problem we could just turn it into a social driving session.

Cheers,

Frederick

If you have any concerns I recommend you contact Ged. If you would like his number I can PM it to you.

Cheers,

Frederick

I should be there 28th, I have met Ged once, a few months ago I bought a GT40 and V8. If he needs to know, he may remember me, Shane from Ballarat :lol: Can I bring a few different cars/makes, just to try? I wanna bring along also DBR9, JGTC, GT3R, just for a lap or so?

regards

Shane

Yeah you can bring other cars if you like. There will be breaks between each event.

Cheers,

Frederick

No idea. At the minute it only seems like you and Eno (and myself of course). That number isn't really enough. I was hoping for more people to come. Maybe Nathan, mtpanorama, grt, Shed Racer, sax0607, etc. could come. It would be nice to have at least 6 people there. Even if we get up to 8 people, we will still need marshalls (to remove the cars if they crash off) and because it is a 5 lane track we may have to make it that we only use 3 or 4 of the lanes and leave 1 or 2 colours out. Racing will be on the 28th and I really need to tell Ged sometime next week how many people are coming. Please tell me if you can come. The sooner the better.

Edited by Freddy

Cheers,

Frederick

Mate - if it's only gonna be us four I'll drive you up to Gref's and we'll give the track a proper work out!! :lol::P

Okay. Hopefully he is interested.

It would've been great if Eno could've brought the boys (Luke and Chris) but Ged said no beginners. I thought he would've been more open. Maybe Luke and Chris can still come even if they can't take part in the actual races.

Edited by Freddy

Cheers,

Frederick

Sounds like a plan Eno. If not enough people are interested I will simply call it off. How come the people in Sydney can get such good events going and we can't? When someone from Sydney offers a race day/night there's always tons of interest. With us Vics we only get very few interested. What are we doing wrong?

Cheers,

Frederick

Hi Freddy

I'll be able to confirm on Sunday, I'd be keen to get along sounds like fun, I've raced a Geds a few times on Tues nights so I think I'd qualify.

Paul

Paul

Thanks. Haven't heard much from you lately. Have you started your 3-laner yet? Or are you still making changes/improvements to the rally track?

Cheers,

Frederick

Mate - if it's only gonna be us four I'll drive you up to Gref's and we'll give the track a proper work out!! :lol::lol:

don't twist my arm :D

regards

Shane