Wovtam

Your Thoughts

That is sensational.

I must admit I was wrong about you, old skool. You're a gun. Please accept my apologies. Maybe you do know everything after all. :)

Well done with that.

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

No Need to apologise Davenic, im pretty sure i would have reacted the same way if someone posted about wooden tracks being crap, Infact I apologise to all here who i annoyed with my post.

If members do decide to give out their details to other members for race meets etc. They will need to understand they are doing it at their own risk. We would probably need to come up with some basic guidelines and rules. Maybe so that guest can't email someone saying they are a member when their not, the arranges and contact details will need to sent through PM or something like.

auslotforums.gif

I think that it is a good idea as it will give people an opportunity to see other websites and more people would be able ot see this site if other slotcar websites across the country agreed to have the map link on their site! good idea. :)

*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`v´¨`·.¸¸.*¤*±åh£ëE*¤*.¸¸.·´¨`v´¨`·.¸¸.*¤*

Nice work chaps.

:)

Liverpool Checkered Flag is there.

I agree with the general feeling here, that we need to be careful of info given out to anyone, but we can't live our lives in a cocoon either.

Commonsense should prevail.

Steve K.

I may well be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, but it appears to me that some people seem to have missed my point.

My suggestion was for the admin team to consider adding a track directory to the forum and would forum members support it if it was included.

I also pointed out that the information supplied by those who wanted to use such a directory would only need to be very basic, along the lines of the example I provided.

I have no doubt the comments about security are valid and may well assist the forum administrators in deciding wether or not to include a track directory. However with such a small amount of info provided by track owers I see no need to be concerned. As someone mentioned only the suburb where the track is located is all that is really needed for a directory.

The track directory would only be another service provided by the forum for the benefit of the members.

Surely it's up to the individuals to decide who they want to invite into their homes.

'til next time close racing

WOVTAM

Hi Guys, (my 2 cents)

I think the directory is a great idea...

And its not compulsory...

If you want to sit by yourself and not share your toys thats fine!!!

But i built my track to race other people with the same intrests as me...

If your worried about security get an alarm fitted...

What you are saying about letting people know about your track is crazy,What if you invite a workmate over for a beer and he tells a lowlife that you have a huge slotcar collection and this guy duz you over???

I sold some stuff on eBay recently and found that i live 10 mins from 2 guys with fantastic routed tracks...

This directory would be a fantastic idea GO WITH IT GUYS!!!

G'day Buddo

I don't know you, I know nothing about you, I don't even know where yor're from, but you can visit my track anytime.

I'm amazed by some of the comments. Many missed the point or didn't understand the basic idea. The track directory is just that "A Directory" it is NOT an open invitation to the whole slot car community.

No specific address details are to be provided so there is no need to worry about security.

Track owners decide who they want to come and play on their track.

I still don't see any reasons why the track directory would not work and work well.

WOVTAM

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work either, and I'm all for it.

Common sense should dictate what information is listed.

As much or as little as you feel comfortable with.

The rest of the details can be obtained when you make contact.

;)

Steve K.

I'm amazed by some of the comments. Many missed the point or didn't understand the basic idea.

I dont think your point has been missed Wovtam. You've made it twice now, its a good idea and there may be other more secure alternatives.

A safer no fuss option might be to just post the rough details of an anticipated journey at AUSLOT and wait for the invites to roll in, away from the board.

That seems to be the way its done in the USA and UK.

your point was not missed and the track directory was a good suggestion that has been excepted by most members of the forum as well as the staff of the forum. What cobra wa saying is there are some security issues, but I think all the members of the forum are trust worthy.

The track directory is finished, i think, thanks to jacob and old_skool_racer, who has done a great job on it. At the moment the directory is closed while some basic rules are sorted out.

IT department

Michael

auslotforums.gif

It's all old_skool_masters work. I haven't done anything.

@ OSM...are you able to complete it, if so could you send me the pages somehow, and I could upload it to this host, and put links to it on the main page.

G'day Everyone

Well who would have imagined that such a simple suggestion would have created such interest. It was very good to see the number of members who took the time to voice an opinion, share their thoughts and offer suggestions.

My special thanks go to old school master who, together with Jacob, accepted the idea and turned it into a reality. Well Done guys :D

If I've omitted anyone else who had an involvement in the creation of the track directory please accept my apologies for leaving you out.

To all those members who are track owners I hope you will consider supporting the directory by including your tracks.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, well done to you all.

WOVTAM