Gyprock

Which Timing Gear

Thought I had better start a new post, seeing it's a different question and all, (never thought that I would have to go through this again),

Can anyone tell me what is a good timing hardware- software to buy, and what yous guys are using and thought on what you have got, my dingo timer has got to go, been nothing but trouble, must have been made in a hurry and not put together properly, any way looks like I might be getting a new set-up hey,

cheeers gene

I've been reading up on the startline system, and from what I've read it will do everything I want it to. There are a lot around but if I have to pay for 1 it will probably be this ;)

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

I didn't even think about AFX timer, tell'ya the truth I didn't know that they even had one,

cheeers gene

Edited by Gyprock

Gyprock,

I just use the free version of VRS, and set up my own IR transistors under the track. Each IR costs about $3 from Dick Smith, ands you can buy a parallel port plug for about the same price, plus you'll need some wire. Only cost me about $15 to set up a 4 lane timer on my track. Its not that difficult, and there are plenty of websites around that have instructions. You can also buy fully made up kits from the VRS website as well. I'll post it to you if I can find it.

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

My Website

Thanks mate that would be great, I've had nothing but trouble with that dingo timer since I first got the @&*%ing thing, and I couldn't make one up I'am so hopless at electronic things, I can copy if shown, monkey see monkey doo :lol: that's me,,

cheeers

Hi Gene,

The VRS website is here.

You can download trial versions for free, but you have to pay to get full functionality, such as entering in your drivers names and cars, proper race management, etc. But the free version will allow you to time and race your cars.

They can sell you all the hardware you need as well, but also provide diagrams for those who want to do it themselves (like me).

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

My Website