Sign in to follow this  
oswald900

Ninco Open Wheeler

A friend has the Ninco Lola open wheeler and is suffering from it deslotting all the time.

Does anyone run these cars and what are some basic set up tips for it ?

His car has nothing done to it and we was interested also in what tyre's people run on them ?

Cheers

Always start by specifying if you run mags or not.

I run mine stock (magless) on Ninco track and it's absolutely fantastic. Check that the guide moves freely as I don't think there's any fundamental problem with these cars.

32nd Reich - For all models 1/32 - Back On-line.

When racing ours non mag we have found the longer wheelbase Ninco Open wheelers do deslot if you go deep into corners.

Make sure your braid is fairly flat under the guide as you will loose guide depth.

I don't recall having a problem when we ran Ninco track either but the contact is raised on Ninco.

On wood is where I have noticed the problem where the track is dead flat and coming into hairpin corners. Could be as Oldtamiyaphile says where the wires are caught up inside the nose not allowing the guide to turn freely.

I use hot water to alter the front wheel height so that the guide sits deeper into the slot.

Phil

I have used SCX front wheels on one which I race as an Open F1.