Sunscreen Lotion 30+

oswald900

I used to run onroad radio control years ago.We used to put Sunscreen 30+ on our tyres for grip and wipe off the excess before the race and what it does is give you grip.

What i'm wondering is has anyone ever tried this on Slotcar tyres ?

Cheers

Not sure.

What i used to do was after every race was put Lotion on and then just before my next race (20 min) you gently rub off the excess Lotion.

Gives you heaps more grip.

Only thought about it today as the Slotcar Tyre Compound are like the tyres i used to run in Radio Control racing.

Would this work on go kart tyres? Never heard of it.

I remember when I used to race Karts, you could (but then the outlawed it...I think) paint on tyre softening compound. I wish I could remember the name of the stuff. Problem was, you really had to soak them with the crap & then they would go off after one meet, which was not a real good thing when you raced on a shoe string.

But then again, something like Orts or MJK's are soft enough....why would you want to make them any softer!!!

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Same as the 'real thing' Oswald. The softer the rubber the more heat they take and the stickier they get. Of course you won't burn your fingers on slot car tyres.. just on the bloody motors I've found!

It sounds like a sensible series mate.. if you have the tyres specified than that's one less thing to fart about and spend money on.

I'm a big fan of rules beaing like my fave speedway racing.. stock tyre - stock motor - fart about with set-up until you turn purple. In fact I think my favourite rule is that if you feel someone's cheating you have the right to demand that they swap motor with you after practice (I think?).. you're not going to spend big money cheating if you have to swap engines before the meeting..

Were you using foam rubber on the RC cars??

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

I've been using WD40 on both my foamies and natural rubber tires. In both cases it softens them enough to at least provide for a temporary improvement in traction. Don't try this with silicones however as you'll do the reverse to adding traction.

Shawn

dedicated.gif

Same as the 'real thing' Oswald. The softer the rubber the more heat they take and the stickier they get. Of course you won't burn your fingers on slot car tyres.. just on the bloody motors I've found!

It sounds like a sensible series mate.. if you have the tyres specified than that's one less thing to fart about and spend money on.

I'm a big fan of rules beaing like my fave speedway racing.. stock tyre - stock motor - fart about with set-up until you turn purple. In fact I think my favourite rule is that if you feel someone's cheating you have the right to demand that they swap motor with you after practice (I think?).. you're not going to spend big money cheating if you have to swap engines before the meeting..

Were you using foam rubber on the RC cars??

Yeah foam rubber was on the R/C car.

What section are you talking about in speedway AMCA or Street Stocks ?