Wdmcrg Round Six 2006

Vinno

Another round was run last night with winter setting in. The start was rain interrupted with rain trying it's best to put a dampener on our nights racing. A quick bit of work with the sheet plastic stopped that pesky drip on the third straight.

We had a few non starters due to the long weekend, which was a pity, as I am sure they would have enjoyed the niggling that comes with Sheep Station racing.

First up for the night was host V8 racing. It was a bit rough last night and it will be interesting to see if the cars last the full season. Glad I didn't donate a car this year.

wdmcrg2006701.jpg

wdmcrg2006702.jpg

A couple of pics from the V8's and Ambrose is trying hard to hold on. Didn't stay that way all the time but the new Stone Brothers motor helped keep him in front at times. There were suggestions he was using an illegal Fly motor but nobody complained when they drove it.

1st Joe 61.35 laps

2nd Vince 60.50 laps

3rd Al 58.60 laps

4th Dave 58.45 laps

5th Charlie 58.30 laps

6th Bo 57.20 laps

7th Daniel 56.95 laps

8th Cameron 55.80 laps

9th Michael 54.50 laps

wdmcrg2006703.jpg

A few cars for the Open Racing class.

wdmcrg2006704.jpg

Dave with the Proslot Ferrari is up the inside of Al's Ninco version. Dave just pipped Al in this heat.

wdmcrg2006705.jpg

Panned shot of Joe's SCX Indy Car over the hump.

wdmcrg2006706.jpg

Al and Dave are about to pull away from Joe here at the start of the heat. F1's won out here over the Indy Car.

1st Bo 96.20 laps. Congrats Bo for your first real win and being smart keeping out of trouble.

2nd Vince 94.75 laps

3rd Dave 93.90 laps

4th Joe 90 .40 laps

5th Al 87.50 laps

6th Michael 86.90 laps

7th Cameron 85.00 laps

8th Charlie 78.80 laps

9th Daniel 73.95 laps Likes to advise us all how to drive. Lucky we don't listen.

wdmcrg2006707.jpg

Open Sedans were up next. Bo's new Ninco Megane was quick and he kept this a secret until right beforehand. I was sworn to secrecy. As usual Dave came along with something different and quietly beat us with his Ninco Pro Race Mitsubishi.

wdmcrg2006708.jpg

Bo tried hard as can be seen here. I am sure he didn't leave the track here too with the car dropping back into the slot. At least I don't remeber having to marshall it after I took the pic.

wdmcrg2006709.jpg

Charlie fights off Al's Audi through the hairpin.

1st Dave 96.20 laps

2nd Vince 93.85 laps

3rd Bo 93.10 laps

4th Joe 91.80 laps

5th Charlie 90.95 laps

6th Daniel 90.10 laps

7th Al 85.25 laps

8th Michael 82.45 laps

9th Cameron 82.10 laps

How'd the marshalling go any dummy spits?

Gary

Nothing from the marshalling this time, more racing issues than anything. Lots of crashes so everyone was taking each other out.

I think we need to remember we are only supposed to be having fun. Some funny issues regarding certain rules and how they are interpreted which we need to clear up for next year.

We will see what happens as your rallying is looking more interesting. Can't complain about other drivers doing time trials.

We will see what happens as your rallying is looking more interesting. Can't complain about other drivers doing time trials.

Yeh .... and as far as marshalling goes ....... just don't come off

On the subject of rallying,I am in the process of extending my rally track.

It is now in the side shed(tea & coffee area) and will give us about another 10 mtrs

The new section will be a lot tighter and rougher

That should be around 35mtrs total :P;):):):):):):)

Gary :P

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Yeh .... and as far as marshalling goes ....... just don't come off

On the subject of rallying,I am in the process of extending my rally track.

It is now in the side shed(tea & coffee area) and will give us about another 10 mtrs

The new section will be a lot tighter and rougher

That should be around 35mtrs total :P;):):):):):):)

Gary :P

Now that sounds cool. :P. Another 10 metres will be great, as if the 25 wasn't enough. I take it shooting was a touch cold and wet?

I take it shooting was a touch cold and wet?

Understatement!

It Rained all day Saturday n blew like buggery all night and started to snow Sunday.;)

So pulled the pin and come home and worked on the track :P

Gary

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017