Truck Driver Figures?

grt

Hi everyone,

Am in the middle of restoring some old Scalex trucks, and after taking some progress pics to add to my website, decided that they really need a driver figure to finish them off, as the cabin is quite large and looks starkly empty.

Anyone tried putting figures into these before? Any suggestions where I could get some beefy looking drivers with tatts, in singlet and shorts? Or even some helmeted drivers sitting in a very upright position?

Thanks,

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

https://gtoutweb.com/index.htm

grahem - went thru the hobby shop today and saw truck driver figures and accessories -- they were in 1:24 though .. made by Alitalia ( think thats how to spell - but u guys know ! )

ill post a pic of the box here tomorrow - where would i be without my camera phone !??!!??

brendan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi GRT, If you can still find them, Newray or someone similar made 1/32 scale Karts with friction motors. The drivers come out as a separate moulding, I used them for some quad bikes I obtained but I bet they would sit hapilly inside a truck also. Mind you, Scalex trucks are probably 1/45 scale or similar so wether anything 1/32 scale may look to big inside I am not sure. There is a guy by the name of RogerW who sells plastic car kits on Ebay, he had a few of these karts for sale on there but they did not sell, I could find his contact detals if you are interested (I know someone who knows him)? I would guess that they would be $4 or $5 each for the Karts. I could e-mail you a picture of one of them if you let me have your e-mail address. Also are you still making the replacement parts? I need rear wings for a Ferrari 312 T3 and Tyrell Ford 008, Cheers, Impish.

Impish,

Thanks for that. My email address is gt@alphalink.com.au, and the pics would be appreciated. Although I suspect that you are correct in that the trucks are a little under scale and these might be too big anyway. I found a cheap tractor at the reject shop for $2, which had a detachable driver I though would be perfect, but it was way too big. When I compared this to the other scalex spectator figures I had, it was only marginally bigger, so I suspect the tracks have probably been downscaled to about 1/38 or 1/40 to fit them on the scalex track. Even a modified scalex figure would be hard pressed to fit, and would look too big anyway. Will have to keep on checking out cheap toy shops until I find something around the right scale, but I'd be interested to see what these cart drivers look like. May be able to use them elsewhere.

Yes, I am still making parts, but unfortunately I don't have either the Tyrell 008 or the Ferrari 312 T3 in my collection, so I have no wings to make a mould from. I may be able to borrow them, as another collector is sending me some other bits to copy. Or if you have a good wing from each, you could send them to me for copying, as someone just did that for another car, and I can send them back with the copied parts.

Please let me know ASAP if you want me to see if I can borrow the wings you need, as I may be able to catch up with that other collector before he sends me the bits he wants done. My phone number is 0403 154978 if you want to ring me directly, or just send me an email and I'll forward it through tonight. Please make sure you include the scalex ref numbers (ie C135 for the Tyrell), just to make sure I get the correct wings.

My website has a full list of the current parts I am making here, although I am in the process of adding to that list, and am about to start experimenting with casting windscreens.

Thanks,

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

https://gtoutweb.com/index.htm