Eno the Wonderdog

Ninco Digital Is Apparently Out Soonish..

I'm very very curious to see what it going to be offered by Ninco with their system. It's been so long since it was first announced I was wondering whether anyone had seen any websites or whatever lately?

Cue Peter - Mr Slotcar (only 'cause I was out playing the other day & saw a sign saying it was coming in October but Pierre was elsewierre.. not 'cause anyone's going to sponsor a dog babbling or anything odd - although I never mind a discount! ;) )

Anyway - I'm interested in what it will / could / might / probably / is rumoured etc etc to do.. not in why it's better or worse than any other system.. not in any sort of pissing contest whatsoever honestly (as many of these things become on many OS boards & make me cross & I'll get back off the high horse now..)

In theory I still think Digital to be cool as all cooliness.. but by the same token I'm the same guy that got a 'refitted' Scaley JPS Lotus off GRT today & was stoked 'cause it's a car I've wanted since I was about six or seven..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

DAWG !! :blink:

Importer for Ninco told me 2 days ago relesed Sept/Oct in time for Xmas

Very costly too ;)

But no digital cars - just chips to insert

brendan

Chips is good! I'm not giving everything else up just to change lane.

I just like the idea of a lot of cars on a given track same as ever.

Lee - you just found something that said what I did! ;)

Spensive sucks.. but that's something to work around! :blink:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Sorry Eno, I thought you might have been getting excited about a release in weeks rather than months.

Lee

Lee - given my usual rate of getting organised "three months" is pretty much the same in dog time as most people saying "tomorrow" - just ask anyone how long it took me to get a track down! :rolleyes: :( ;)

A little info I was given suggested that these NINCO chips are going to be everything the others are not. For example I was told that no drilling of the chassis for a sensor LED is needed. It's supposed to be as easy as plugging guide wires in to chip then routing chip wires to the motor. Nothing else needed. Programming is supposed to be simple as well. No switches or codes to use. Place car on track, squeeze controller trigger and the two will sync automatically.

I guess we will see.

Shawn

dedicated.gif

Simple enough for a dog to use it would be very very nice!

My problem is going to be how to fit the old Nuremburgring onto a 16 by 20 foot table.. I guess the feel of a wiggly hilly bit, a fast bit, a carousel and a castle up in the mountains behind.. 8 cars.. just need 8 friends..

I like just plonking the chip in. I could probably do that!

What, to build it for you? WHEN will you start construction,Dog?

Stu

Old racers race harder

I actually had a bright idea last night while I was asleep just before I built the computer into the coffee table with the wireless connecty things & virtual touchy keyboard/mousey thing to run the house.. but then the missus woke me up demanding..

..it's possibly good.. unless I was simply asleep & not dreamin' after all..

Maybe next weekend if I'm good??

A little info I was given suggested that these NINCO chips are going to be everything the others are not. For example I was told that no drilling of the chassis for a sensor LED is needed. It's supposed to be as easy as plugging guide wires in to chip then routing chip wires to the motor. Nothing else needed. Programming is supposed to be simple as well. No switches or codes to use. Place car on track, squeeze controller trigger and the two will sync automatically.

And they are supposedly able to run back on an analogue track with re-wiring !!!

The Ninco digital world release is expected in September. So we (Aussies) can expect something maybe late October.

Cheers, Peter

Cheers, Peter VH

Mr Slotcar website       MrSlotcar NEW Facebook Page       MrTrax modular track systems      MrTrax Facebook page

Owner of Australia's fastest ever lap time on a Blue King track @ 1.4838 secs. And the fastest pass ever on a 1/4 mile Drag strip @ 203.2 kmh

Designer and manufacturer of quality domestic and commercial Tracks.

Both Logos.jpg

So we (Aussies) can expect something maybe late October.

Which Year ???????????

Gary

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

am i barking (pardon the punn dog) up the wrong tree or am i still right in saying that the ninco track digital or not will still be a much rougher track surface than the scaley stuff and therefore a slightly less challenging drive without mags. :D

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

From press release information I have seen the standard NINCO track texture will be the same for digital tracks as well.

Shawn

dedicated.gif

This may sound embarassing McGoo - I've not never noticed any different stuff on different surfaces.

They seem to have differing radii, surfaces, etc etc.. so I just figure put in a practice lap before you try to go flat out you lazy bugger! :D

Of course I normally only stay on circuit up until the first or third corner of the race when I go racin' but hell - I've got paws!! :D

lol.........all paw action isnt there a rally car they built for that :D . just recently been looking at the varied plastic track surfaces up for grabs and the ninco looks to be a slightly more grained or roughened surface than the scaley sport stuff. i know from runnin on the sport that it has very varied degrees of grip at the beginning of a meet but have put it down to temperature conditions and the different living conditions of the track(eg) out in the race shed.....having said that after we get some rubber down it grips up sweet. Am still wonderin if there are guys who have access to both ninco and scaley track that have a prefferance, although i am still very interested in tryin out the new ninco stuff when it lands...cheers magoo :D

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

Mr Magoo (will avoid the 'you must be blind' if you can't see a difference comment I guess),

I hate the ninco rough surface, but most race clubs use it - so I've learnt to get used to it on my usual Tuesday race night session. I will say though, that it is probably more consistent, and the connectivity and longevity is better than Scaley Sport (which I own). I prefer racing on smooth surfaces, be it Sport, SSD, Artin, Carrera or wood.

G'day Mike, its been a while.

yeah - work getting in the way.

Too many hobbies, too little 'me' time.

Hi Guys

I received an email a few weeks ago from Ninco ( joined the Club ) and they said it will be on shelves in Australia in Oct 06. I haven't heard of the price but I assume it will be pricey.

Sim

CANYON COUNTY RACEWAY

It's supposed to support eight cars.

Timing of some sort.

I'm building an oval I think..

Buying some Artin Nascars..

..and some sprint cars..

..I like speedway racing..

Hey dog

Have you built your own speedway cars ? if so was it easy, I saw some beautiful scratchbuilt ones on the net a while ago in the states and they looked fantastic.

Sim

CANYON COUNTY RACEWAY

It's supposed to support eight cars.

Timing of some sort.

I'm building an oval I think..

Buying some Artin Nascars..

..and some sprint cars..

..I like speedway racing..

and you will have to chip them :ph34r:

cheers