Auslot Races

Vinno

A couple of Fridays ago we ran our monthly Auslot event where we run some races for fun rather than sheep stations.

This time we ran Open F1 cars and Slot.it cars.

Here are some pics of the Open F1 cars.

Auslot2006301.jpg

Bo's Ninco Ferrari rounding up Dave's Scalextric Toyota with a SCX Minardi behind.

Auslot2006302.jpg

Jamie's Ninco Jordan through the trees.

Auslot2006303.jpg

SCX Arrows inthe hairpin.

Auslot2006304.jpg

Joe driving my renta Audi which was not up to speed. Sorry Joe.

Auslot2006305.jpg

Close tussle here with the Mercedes already sideways under brakes going for an early entry in the corner.

Auslot2006306.jpg

Out of the squeeze and there was a bit of sideways action.

Auslot2006307.jpg

Bo and Al were like this for about ten laps until Bo in the Jagermiester got the upper hand and ran away.

Auslot2006308.jpg

A fun nights racing. We run our next round the week after our next WDMCRG race.

Hi Vinno.

As always, great to see some photos!!!

One question, how do you find the Slot It cars on the Ferrodor? I have been having a few problems (especially with the Porsches) in that they are very very taily. I have not been able to get much rear grip at all.

I have put some weight in the back but it just seems like they want to fishtail. Have you changed the tyres? If so, what to?

Thanks

Dave

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

or another trade secret...MJK tyres on a slot-it (merc in my case)on Ferrador work quite well. The only hassle is that they are a bit wider then the rim, so they can cause a bit of chatter...oh, and they wear quickly....

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Dave

Have also found P2's to work well. You may be finding them getting a bit old or if you have one of the newer Porsches the tyres may be the generic ones that come with Slot.it cars at present.

I have heard new Slot.it cars will be coming with proper Slot.it tyres again soon which will stop people complaining about the tyres they come with at present.

Deffinately the reason Slot.it cars are the best IMO on the market.

• 3 years later...

Back in 2006! I wasn't old enough to drive then :rolleyes:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg