2021 Touring Car Proxy Round 9 - Dave's

Sports Racer

Race has been run, won, lost and some surprises.

Here's the finishing order.

299352798_1659674177753160_8175910218626

Name Round 9 Laps Round 9 Lap Time Round 9 Points
32coupe 67.51 5.158 25
Sports Racer 67.50 5.109 24
DP201 66.61 5.089 23
Dixie 65.88 5.282 22
lancelot 65.83 5.176 21
Aloha 65.66 5.250 20
Alvaro 65.51 5.317 19
sticks 65.19 5.252 18
BrumosRSR 64.97 5.283 17
Shaynus 64.65 5.379 16
Nev 64.63 5.324 15
jimmyslots 1950 64.31 5.308 14
bov 63.86 5.454 13
Peter Gunn 63.49 5.374 12
Nonfractal 63.13 5.376 11
Brooksy 63.03 5.486 10
Supercharged 62.22 5.551 9
ArroldN 61.71 5.376 8
JohnnieE  61.03 5.910 7
old man 60.01 5.676 6
BARacer 59.80 5.471 5
ALS 59.58 5.701 4
Pepsi62 58.83 5.769 3
curef99 57.02 5.937 2

Drivers for the day were me, Alvaro and Dave (track owner). We had no marshals so when someone came off we put the car back on (roughly) a lap down and added a lap to their score. If it was a big accident involving a couple of cars we re-ran that heat. Luckily there weren't too many offs but for some reason it usually happened on the heat that was being filmed. We don't normally have that many deslots - honest. :lol:

Surprises on the day were Brumos's car, which was beautiful to drive, and Shaynus which finally lived up to it's true potential and didn't deslot when pushed hard.

Aloha's also had a great heat racing next to Lance's lap after lap, the 2 blue cars driving in perfect formation the whole heat.

And the worst thing was Andrew beat me by .01 of a lap. Damn, I knew I was driving his car too fast. :D

Videos to come but no post race review this time, it was getting late and you've all had lots of reviews of your cars from previous races. 

As usual it was great fun racing all your cars.

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Does this take the record for the longest running proxy ?  anyone know, won't congratulate the first two foregone conclusion before the racing started , but would like to congratulate Shaynus, well done , and Brumos for both getting improvement in their cars as the series finishes.

Perhaps if the series was longer you might hit the top 4 seems your cars are just running in chuckle.

Thank you for he run. Congratulations to those who are happy with their results and best of luck to the others on our final Raceday.  Peter Gunn, the car was fast last year, it has appeared slow most of 2022, so yes, I am surprised by the finish.  It’s only 5 grams heavier than the season before and handled better than last season, but the veterans have really upped their game.  

As i said Tony car might just be reaching that sweet spot of overall performance , some cars start well but taper of as they are past that sweet spot of tyres just right, motor run in , bearings are not causing drag , many things contribute to that including the temp of the room .

Forget about the top two we all knew they would be right up there , take Dixie for instance just look at the varied results that car has had through the series , this time 4th , or 111 last time out 6th this time 14th it's the consistancy the top 2 have that we don't have, DP201, Lance are getting there but the rest of us are not as consistant.

Hi Shaynus.

What do think of the way the racing is scored? This is the same or very similar to all the proxies I have competed in for the last 10-12 years.

To me it seems very simple, easy to understand and the racing remarkably close.

While the fastest cars will usually win in the end it certainly makes me feel better if I can see a way to improve my position.

One refinement that is often applied to rally events is to record the number of off's. This is normally a reflection on how easy a car is to drive. A must for proxy events.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Compare lap times. If the time is similar to another car but the completed laps are widely different then one car was hard to drive and the other easy.

I spend a lot of time on my cars getting the front end set up so they never come out of the slot (within reason). Also, my proxy car feels like it's overgeared or has a motor that doesn't have much torque. You can punch it early out of corners and it doesn't fishtail like the longcan motored cars. I think this is why it's so easy to drive consistently quickly and almost never deslots. 

May the downforce be with you.

As always interesting video lot of the cars are actually not that far apart in differant parts of the tracks, some have it on braking, cornering speed , quite a few are not quite there as regards acceleration and top speed, and i'm guessing the drivers have diffearnt styles , one thing i found very interesting is i now know where Santa Claus hangs out chuckle

Home is always an advantage Lance where ever you are , and your car is up there with the two odds on favourites so your keeping up pretty well and consistantly , unless you come up with something really special then you might beat the status quo but Paul might just ban it chuckle Hbo Flying GIF by Game of Thrones