Sign in to follow this  
DAVENIC

Help!!! Camaro 1969 Street Machine

I have a Carrera Camaro SS396 1969 street machine. Its the dark blue one with a white stripe.

This car is a complete waste of space as far as I'm concerned. It runs like a three legged dog. The tyres are crap and the CoG is way too high.

What I would like to do is change the chassis, as I like the look of the car, and was wondering how you know which chassis' are compatible with different cars.

Also, I would like to put larger tyres on as well.

Can you help ?!?

Thanks

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

Hi davenic

I like the carrera slot car bodys but the need a better chassis, I will be setting up a carrera car with a hrs slot it chassic just like the one I put in my V8 super car, check out the work shop.

Regards Bo :huh:

One advantage with the Slotit Chassis is you can adjust the front end to differing wheelbases so this makes them a good choice. You also have a choice of mounting the chassis different ways.

Ninco DTM chassis have a low centre of gravity so they are also a good choice. You may have to change the mounting position of the front axle if it doesn't have the correct wheelbase.

I will attempt to get some pictures of some of the modified cars we race with and the differing ways people mount their chassis in their cars.

Bo if you see Joe can you ask for a photo of his Castrol Commodore with Ninco chassis. He uses the original mounting points shaved down with a bar of plstic screwed into them. He then fits a single piece of plastic tube to this to fit to the single screw hole in the chassis. Pictures will explain it better.

I have done some "tinkering" and found a couple of problems with said car.

One of the solder joints on the motor was really dark and crumby (for want of better words) and broke with minimal force.

I think I will invest in a new chassis but a major overhaul is on the cards.

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

Howdy,

some of the guys in Adelaide fit Carrera bodies to 1/32 MJK chassis and apparently they work well.

if you're interested just do a search for MJK chassis.

I'll be stocking the MJK range in the near future too as well as Schoeler, Plafit, Motor Modern.

thanks

Cheers for now

Roland

I fitted a Scaley Mustang chassis to a Carrera Hemi 'Cuda.

Inside%20Cuda%20chassis.JPG

TA%20Cuda%20chassis.JPG

Runs very nicely, unlike the standard Carrera chassis ^_^ Wouldn't it be nice if Carrera just made bodies available?

BTW, I just acquired a Pro-Track Spyder chassis which is a very nice (and quick) piece of gear. I've been playing with the chassis and it whizzes around the track like a scalded cat!!. Does anyone in Oz import these things yet? They are great for kit bashing although I haven't fitted a body yet.

I've got three 1/32 scale kits on my shed bench

• •Airfix Ferrari 250LM
    •57 Chev Sports Coupe
    •"ZZ Topp 33 Ford coupe

and I can't decide which to use......I am leaning towards the 33 Ford street rod though....

Cheers

Steve

PS Roland, any chance you might import these too?

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg