DE38

Challenger

Just got the Challenger , I was a little unsure as to whether to get this system or not , but I said what the heck its only money :o Ive read some negative stuff about this system but I can tell you if you clean youre track it makes a world of difference. I havent cleaned my track in a while and tried it this way first just to see how it worked and had multiple offs, then I wiped down the track and cleaned the tires and the thing ran great , put about 500 laps on it yesterday without a hitch. set it up on the outside of my 4 lane Scaly Classic which is my fastest lane .

If you run a box stock car against it with stock tires you get a pretty good race, it beat me a couple times :huh: Ran the Dome Judd on the slowest lane and had a really good race against it. On my track any non mag car probably would not beat it. Very cool toy :P glad I got one.

DE38 ;)

MERCEDES_CHALLENGER.jpg

dale1-90x90-av.gifDE38

Sound good to me DE38, it would be good to hone your racing skills and try to beat it, some thing to think about like you say its only money.

Regards Bo :huh:

Hi all!

I bought one also from the Scalex sale and i must say that i'm having a ball with it!

I have found the only time i've had trouble with it is if we have had a coming together through a chicane (he takes no prisoners) and it has knocked the guide off the merc. If the guide isn't seated properly back into its fitting then the car may do some strange things like go fall throttle till it comes off or knock work at all.

If the guide seems loose then just use a flat head screw driver to open up the prongs before pushing it back onto the chassis (hope all this makes sense).

The challanger is a great fill-in if your mates wifes won't let them come around to play! :huh:

I'd be interested to see if another body shell could fit onto the merc chassis and see if the performance could be improved even more.

Cheers

Was :o

PS

Love the black merc, i got the standard silver.

Apparently u can run 2 challengers with just the one tower, so u could race them against each other if u wanted! :rolleyes:

Should be able to test the theory soon as 2 of my friends have also ordered them.

Here's a couple of reviews:

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/Cars3/Sc...Challenger.html

http://www.homeracingworld.com/challenger.htm

http://www.slotforum.com/resources/Challenger/index.htm

Was :lol:

There may be a practical use for using two Challengers, come to think of it.

In another thread, the question was asked whether track designs should have equal lengths. IMHO, it's more usual to aim for similar lap times rather than length. Now a lap timer will tell you that lane A is faster than lane B over an entire lap. But using two Challengers might show you how & where the differences happen and which sections might be modified to even things up. The theory is the Challengers should be like two near-identical drivers - if not, run some trials then just swap them and run some more.

And that black one in the photo looks great, much more business-like than my silver one.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Sound like everyone's got the silver one.... like me!

I just gave mine a good try. A couple of hundred laps, after cleaning the track thoroughly I still had some problems with the car deslotting on the double inner curves, so I replaced the tyres with some FLY tyres with a bit more grip and that fixed the problem.

Then for racing - I tried a few different cars until I found one that was a perfect match. My SCX Ford Focus 4WD with the magnet removed. When I drive perfectly I can just stay ahead of it, but trying to overtake between the crossovers was an unreal challenge.

All-in-all - Good Stuff. I'll have it out again and again.

Tried Racing it against my other Scalex Police car with the flashing lights and siren, but I couldnt keep up.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

I also purchased one looks as though Scalex World did great business with members of this board.

At first I was having the occassional off with the Merc so I changed the rear tyres to Silicones from PPR Slots and now I set the Challanger to Fast and set the car to Classic track and it screams around my 30 metre combination of Classic and Sports track. The Challanger car never misses a beat and no offs.

I have found that the Challanger car is just to quick form any of my magnetless cars and I need to run a car with a magnet to compete

At $59 a great investment

Charle

I wish I'd bought one now!!!

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

Well don't worry if you can't get anymore, because once the new Scalextric Sportworld is released you will be able to do the same thing with any of the digital cars i believe. :lol:

Was :rolleyes:

How does that work ???

When will this be released ???

Will it be expensive ???

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

From what Ive seen the Sportsworld system and the new digital cars are going to be fairly expensive. Probably gonna compete with FLY for price now!!

The digital track pieces and setup look pretty pricey too - just going by this site in WA which is good as a guide anyway - obviously some of the other shops that are discussed on this forum regularly will be cheaper.

Here's a link to the site of Stanbridges with all the upcoming attractions for the rest of the year. Plenty of info.

Stanbridges NEWS

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions