Better late than never, but here are some photos of the competitors. These were taken several weeks ago, so not sure if other cars have arrived or not?

4738.jpg

4735001.jpg

4736001.jpg

Hi Oldman.

Only 10 entries then. Hope you enjoy running cars. Will certainly look forward to news.

Hope I am not too far behind everybody and in particular Sports Racer. At least not too many laps. 

Trust cars have held together during the fitting of tyres and all went well. Bring it on.

Will look forward to news of first round date and venue.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

PS. Sorry Shaynus. See it is an old photo. Noticed my car still had no tyres.

Edited by charlesx

at least the Torana looks good, hopefully it will run OK 

6 x XB/XC Falcons, 1 x XY Falcon, 1 x Sierra, 1 x Camaro

Hi Gazza - me too.  Should not have to employ those sheep even. As long as I get there is all I worry about. Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Oldman.

When do you hope to have first round?

After rush to get car finished and posted to Aus I am keen to see start.

Perhaps fitting tyres has proved to be a problem or are you having Covid or flu problems.

It might be my eyesight but a lot of cars appear to have been submitted with tyres fitted. Hope this is not causing a problem.

Please excuse my impatience.

Hi charlex and others.....1st rnd of the bathurst proxy is this Thursday ...we have been busy geting the new shed ready for the move on the the 13 august....The last count there was 12 cars All cars came with NO tyres  ......thanks Oldman

Hi Oldman.

Great news. Looking forward to start. How many rounds will there being. Hopefully tyres will last the series.

Are you going to alternate between your and Syd's track or are there others that will be used.

Looking forward to lots of commentary and videos. Results as well of course.

Hi Charlesx, theres 8 rounds theres 2 tracks close to mandurah we can use plus Syds if we neeed it, been busy getting the new shed ready for the move taking a bit longer then I thought 5 minute jobs take a bit longer the older I get. The tyres will last .Looking forward to getting started got some very good drivers comming thursday will  keep you all up to date as we go  Thanks Oldman

Great and thanks for the information Oldman. Can agreed on getting slower. When you are retired 5 minute jobs automatically seem to take longer as not the same time pressure. That is my excuse anyway.

It's Thursday, where are the results?

Oh, I keep forgetting, you run on some weird time over there, way behind the rest of the country (real world). :D

May the downforce be with you.

Hi Sports Racer.

Just be thankful you do not have to wait as long as NZ.  Perhaps they need the extra time to catch up. No wonder you are going to finish so far in front of me.

Have tried my Super Cheap Holden a couple of times since you returned. It appears to go fine but 17000rpm motor is clearly too low powered or perhaps it is the gearing.

Good luck with proxy racing in WA.

Hi, we had our first bathhurst proxy last night ( wa time ) dont know what day it is over there . Great night 14 cars...6 drivers

I think it was worth  the wait next round Monday night before we move the track results and photos will follow shortly.

Cant remember if I put Sports Racers car on the track Ill check the photos:wacko:

Thanks Oldman

Hi Oldman. Think we are 5 hours apart and Sydney is probably 2 but not sure. I am sure the results will be worth the wait.

Well done in getting this first round done and quick second round will make up for the initial delay.

Look forward to results, commentary and lots of photos or video.

Well done WA. Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Hi Oldman. Looking forward to results etc. Had our latest local race meeting today so slot cars high on my agenda.

Perhaps you are going to report on the first two rounds together or have you put report somewhere else.

Mind you it may have been delayed as Sports Racer will be so disappointed - ha ha.

Regards Charles Le Breton

Hi again. All the best for tonights second round of the Bathurst 1000 Proxy.

Sorry about the lack of Results - Completely my Fault.  I did all the work and found out that the email went nowhere :(

Sorted now so all will be posted soon enough

Cheers,

Tank

Well, as mentioned above, the first 2 Rounds of the Bathurst Proxy have been run. Thanks to some work and family commitments I have been delayed in posting the results, but hey, as you all know W.A does stand for Wait Awhile... ;)

I'll do the results of each in separate posts following this one.

Personally, speaking as one of the drivers involved, I have to say it was a great experience and lots of fun to participate in the event. A lot of the cars were evenly matched through out the field, which made for close and exciting racing. Those photos Tank posted above are of the starting field taken before the 1st event , and not indicative of any performance or results...

... although those cars with multiple denomination, unmarked, currency notes attached to them did go unbelievably well...*cough*...(Bali here we come)...*cough*...

So, without futher adieu...

• Like 1

Round 1

Here are some action shots from the night. No videos, sorry, I'm not quite up to posting videos yet...

Waiting at the start line...

20220804-171947.jpg

Some synchronised drifting

20220804-174138.jpg

Neck & neck

20220804-174344.jpg

Go, go, go!

20220804-180945.jpg

And lastly, the all important results table from the 1st round:

MSCG-Bathurst-Proxy-Heat-1.jpg

A couple of notes from the evening:

* Pepsi's Torana suffered from mechanical maladies and just managed to crawl across the line and complete the 4 heats

* CharlesX's Camaro had a fuel pick up problem which caused it to intermittently stutter for a few laps, until solved. Actually, what happened was the braids flattened. The guide sits high, proud of the track, so the braids just need a bit of a quick tweak / fluff up before each heat. Once going full song, it was a rocket and a driver ( and spectator) favourite.

Round 2

Round 2 was held in quick succession on Monday night to sneak another round in before the track is dismantled and installed into it's new home.

Staging at the starting line

20220808-174537.jpg

Nothing in it...

20220808-174603.jpg

I will make a concerted effort to get more photos of each car in the future, was too wrapped up in driving on the night! if anyone from the night has more photos feel free to post them yourself of send them to me and I'll put them up here for you.

On to the results of Round 2:

MSCG-Bathurst-Proxy-Heat-2.jpg

Here is a (little bit) of feed back on the cars after the 1st two Rounds ( in no particular order)

*Patti (XY Falcon): Impressive that a relatively narrow and tall car went so well. Nice car to drive

*Alek (XB Falcon): Smooth car to drive, lacking a bit of power (feels a bit "doughy") and could benefit from a tad more weight at the front

*Macca (XB Falcon): Fast! bit of a straight line rocket, but could do with a bit more weight

*Tank (XC Falcon): Good all round car, as the results show

*Sports Racer (XB Falcon): Horrible and slow... oh, ok... not really!  ;) Heavy car (perhaps heaviest of the field?) but still rapid and planted, good all round performer

*Shaynus (Ford Sierra): Real surprise packet that such a narrow and tall car went so well

* Pepsi (Torana): Noisy gear mesh! Not particularly fast, had to go steady around corners. Did I mention it was noisy?

* Ron (XJS Jag): Like a lot of cats, it liked to roll over, seemingly to have it's belly rubbed...;)

*Shaynus (XB Falcon): Handled well, good all round performer

*Oldman (XC Falcon): Goes like the clappers and has roll on to kill for!

*CharlesX (Camaro): Great car to drive. Confidence inspiring for the driver. Can be pushed hard

*Paul (XB Falcon): needs more weight, hops under acceleration and some cornering

*Gazza (XB Falcon): Needs more oomph. Felt flat and a bit slow

*Tony (LX Torana): suffered from the typical Torana problems of the small can motor and being narrow and tall. Looks good though!