Hi Sports Racer.

I am with you but think you may have some good local opposition.  Just look out for my sheep.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

PS. to Shaynus, Oldman or Tank.

1. Appreciate you guys have been very busy but some photos and stats of all the entries would be interesting.

2. Some more action shots would also be great if you can manage. 

3. Can you also advise which track each round is raced on and direction. 

Edited by charlesx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shaynus, Oldman, Tank and the other competitors. Looking forward to it.

Some photos of the new venue when finished would be good too.

Hope that Camaro of mine holds together for another 4 rounds.

Edited by charlesx
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

2nd fastest lap time

3rd in heat 1, 2nd in heat 2, 7th in heat 3.

Heat 3 killed me, did something go wrong with my car? :wacko:

I wasn't available as a Driver for this Heat of Racing - 2 weeks after a Knee Replacement and an Afternoon Sleep pre Friday Night Racing took on a life of its own...... :unsure:

As we are aiming to keep the Competition completely Random (or as Random as it can be with 14 cars and up to 6 Drivers) some results will vary from Week to Week. As an Example, your First 2 Heats results may have been Favorable due to the Opposition Cars that you competed against - It is very clear to see that there is a considerable performance difference between the 'Top Cars' and those towards the bottom of the Table.  You must also take into consideration that all Drivers are not created Equal.

The combination of these 2 variables alone would easily explain the Heat 3 Result of your Car - if you look back to Heat 1, my Cars' Results are just as bad.

As we are Racing over a Total of 8 Heats, these things will even themselves out and a Mean or Average consistency will be the resultant.

Tank

PS Lets just try and go with the flow and have faith in the Concept - we don't want to make this another War and Peace  - any queries or questions to me offline please

Hi All

Some photos of the last round. Not many action shots I'm afraid, combination of available hands (cant' use the phone while racing slot cars, I save that for when I'm driving my car! :lol: )

and poor technique resulting in blurred shots...:unsure:

In no particular order (named should be from yellow to blue lane):

Charlesx, Oldman, Alek and Tank:

ch-X-oldman-Alek-tank.jpg

Macca, Tony, Pepsi, Oldman:

macca-tony-pepsi-oldman.jpg

Oldman, Ron

oldman-ron.jpgdman, R

Oldman, Ron, Shaynus, Shaynus2

oldman-ron-shaynus-shaynus2.jpg

Patti, Gazza, Tony, SportsRacer

patti-gazza-tony-sracer.jpg

There are some more photo, but i will post them up later

BATHURST PROXY we are running the 4th rnd this friday afternoon...It might be 2 or 3 weeks before the 5 rnd so we can get the new extension up and running

BUT as we all know the best plans allways go to crp the quickest. We will post some photos as we go ...Good luck to all........thanks Oldman

Hi Oldman.

Very happy with the progress of the proxy to date. You have certainly made up for the late start so nobody should have any complaints.

Recent photos were great but can we have one of the whole of each track so we can get a better appreciation of the conditions our cars have faced.

Sounds like we are going to get first go on the new extension too so that should add to the fun. A new experience even the locals.

On 9/5/2022 at 9:40 PM, Tank said:

your First 2 Heats results may have been Favorable due to the Opposition Cars that you competed against.

Are the race results based on the cars you compete against in the heat??? This is a very strange way to do it.

If so, what's to stop a midfield performer getting a great result because it raced against 2 much slower cars, and 3 top cars scoring low points because all 3 finished close together? 

This won't be negated by "average consistency" because when the midfield car races against better cars it will finish where it should have in the points, not a long way down to balance out it's great result from the previous heat.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but your scoring system seems to favour midfield cars. Yes it rewards the fastest cars but nowhere near the points lead they should be getting and therefore they risk being positioned down the field.

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Hey Paul -it's WA's unique way of describing things. Where they say Heat, we'd say Round. So far this series has held 3 Rounds. In the last ( 3rd ) Round, even though your entry completed the same 40 lap total of the 4 x 10 lap heats ( aka brackets ) run on the night - it's placings in those 4 heats ( I'm guessing 3rds or 4ths ) scored less points than others... So for that night you scored less series points compared to the first two rounds ( that WA calls heats ) of the Proxy.

Does that make sense? 

On the upside, your entry clearly ran the fastest lap of the event ( or Round or Heat )

I think I like our way of running proxies better - but to each their own, and clearly the WA group like running their's in this manner...

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Hi all.

I am not quite sure how this proxy is being run but it appears nobody has won all their races as the highest score is 91 (I assume 4 wins would have accumulated 100 points). Apart from Round 1 when 2nd and 4th only completed 39 laps the first 9 (2/3rds of the field) have all completed the full distance of 40 laps. It is therefore being closely contested so what more can you wish for. Keep up the good work W.A.